🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why are Republicans desparete to believe "conspiracy" over "fact"?

R

rdean

You can see it right here on the USMB.

Example:

When I said the military built the worlds fastest super computer out of game chips USMB Republicans howled hysterically mocking that such a thing is too ridiculous to ever happen. They said you call myself an engineer. You have to be incredibly gullible to believe such a thing. And yet the military has done it more than once. Worse, these chips are built in China and my original question was "are we sending China too much sensitive technology?"

US Air Force connects 1,760 PlayStation 3's to build supercomputer

Military Supercomputer Sets Record

Now look at "Fast and Furious". The reasoning is that Obama is gunrunning to Mexico, hoping that Mexicans use the secretly marked weapons to kill Americans and then leave the weapons with the victim along with evidence proving it was the Mexicans (hot sauce? big hats?) that did it. With the weapon the government will be able to prove that was the weapon used in the murder. Then Obama would somehow pass laws taking every American's guns leaving them at the mercy of the horrible government we voted into office.

When you mock this bizarre conspiracy, Republicans get extremely upset feeling they are being unfairly laughed at.

So they laugh at the idea of supercomputers being made from game chips but believe this wild conspiracy about gunrunning to get your guns. Considering that you look right at pictures of the super computer, how can they not believe it exists?

And you see it again and again.

They don't believe Republicans blocked the BP investigation.

They don't believe the GOP threatened to block unemployment for millions of Americans unless the Bush Tax Cuts were extended.

They don't believe Republicans cut food stamps for disabled veterans.

But they do believe the F&F conspiracy and that the president wants to join the "New World Order" (whatever that is)

And the things they believe about blacks and gays and women's rights. How is that possible?

Now this is what I don't get. To send out "thoughts" about these conspiracy theories, they are sitting right in front of the Internet. Anything they don't believe they could go look up. I asked that question before and they replied, "You can't believe everything you read on the Internet". And yet, they will believe F&F from Breitbart but not Super Computer from Physics Today?

And the things they invent out of thin air, like scientists are lazy people who drive around in expensive cars and sit on their butts all day long because they get expensive government grants for simply being over educated. Where does that come from? And when you ask for a link, they will answer with something like "everyone already knows that stupid, no link needed".

I suspect when they are indoctrinated with these bizarre conspiracies, they may have tried to look it up and finally gave up feeling the information has been "hidden".

Is there any way possible to get them to prove what they say? To post some verified facts up front? And why would they believe bizarre conspiracies over what can be proved beyond a doubt?

all you ever post is conspiracy garbage...so it's not Republicans who believe it

you on the left live it all the time

Forum List

Back