Why are we sending out space signals to aliens

5,000 light years away is the distance light can travel in 5,000 years.

5,000 years ago the pyramids were under construction. Written language was still a new thing....

And it takes 5,000 years traveling at the speed of light to get to the closest planetary system around a star...which is still too oval to sustain any sort of life.

Any mission to Mars currently will require years because we can't travel that fast with current technology.

Acceleration equivalent of 1 standard gravity will require at least a year to approach one twenty-fifth of the speed of light... otherwise people start having physical issues from the heavy G forces.

We don't have the technological ability to create thrust for that long much less the then requisite year of slowing down.

And that is just a twenty-fifth of the speed of light.

Nevermind the time dilation effects of traveling that fast and away from Earth.

Think of a honey dipper spinning....the honey is time. Time on earth moves faster on earth than for those traveling. So by the time any craft actually gets to earth (25,000 years from now) we have been way past self destruction.

For the last 50 plus years we have been sending off radio signals to all kinds of various clusters of stars in hope aliens find them

Is this just me ? Or is this both reckless and suicidal
We've been sending out radio signals for over a 100 years.

5,000 light years away is the distance light can travel in 5,000 years.

5,000 years ago the pyramids were under construction. Written language was still a new thing....

And it takes 5,000 years traveling at the speed of light to get to the closest planetary system around a star...which is still too oval to sustain any sort of life.

Any mission to Mars currently will require years because we can't travel that fast with current technology.

Acceleration equivalent of 1 standard gravity will require at least a year to approach one twenty-fifth of the speed of light... otherwise people start having physical issues from the heavy G forces.

We don't have the technological ability to create thrust for that long much less the then requisite year of slowing down.

And that is just a twenty-fifth of the speed of light.

Nevermind the time dilation effects of traveling that fast and away from Earth.

Think of a honey dipper spinning....the honey is time. Time on earth moves faster on earth than for those traveling. So by the time any craft actually gets to earth (25,000 years from now) we have been way past self destruction.
Where are you getting 5,000 light years from ? There are thousands of stars that are way closer than 5,000.

For the last 50 plus years we have been sending off radio signals to all kinds of various clusters of stars in hope aliens find them

Is this just me ? Or is this both reckless and suicidal

To find the best recipe for fillet minion.

How exactly is that suicidal and reckless?

It's the nearest star system to our sun at 4.3 light-years away. That's about 25 trillion miles (40 trillion km) away from Earth – nearly ...Light travels at 2.98 millions meters per second. That is 6.7 million miles an hour.

What are you imagining, the Borg warp drive?

Sorry son. There is No God out there or anywhere else. Hubble telescopes etc are seeing millions of miles into space in every direction and it consists of only galaxies like ours.
No God, no heaven nothing.

If aliens were out there is highly unlikely they could communicate with anyone. Although the main elements of life are abundant in the universe, it doesn't mean life evolved like us.
There's nothing suicidal about it. Why would anyone want to kill us all? That makes no sense.

All we are basically doing is attempting to detect microwaves and signals etc then hope we can trace the origin. I hope we do.
"Millions of miles" won't even get you to the next planet, let alone next star.

You made the declaration, kid. Not me. I didn't opine either way. It's up to you to prove it.
I'm willing to bet I'm older than you "son"

It's not me who stated there is life out there. Let me know when you find it sonny

To find the best recipe for fillet minion.

How exactly is that suicidal and reckless?

It's the nearest star system to our sun at 4.3 light-years away. That's about 25 trillion miles (40 trillion km) away from Earth – nearly ...Light travels at 2.98 millions meters per second. That is 6.7 million miles an hour.

What are you imagining, the Borg warp drive?
They've been brainwashed by 100 years of science FICTION. They want to believe fables because reality is just too scary

They've found a few more since I last looked at this roughly 20 years ago according to the article.

But even still...gas Giants can't support life...they are too hot and have too much gravity for it.

And still might as well not exist because of the distance. Physics is based in physical science...too much power and materials would be required to reach them or them us.

And the most likely "candidates" are too highly unlikely. Even though their existence is still based on "Shakey" science if you accepted the science of their existence the mathematics still shows that intelligent life on these planets is likely not in the cards.

Space aliens is a modern myth...no different than fairies or leprechauns or Bigfoot.

With everyone carrying a camera these days why haven't better pics of bigfoot been released? We ought to have his DNA on file at this point. FLIR videos of him in his home making a sex tape.

Yes and yes

Scientists might be science-y but they are not all that wise and often lack common sense

Well, there's a meaningless and mostly b.s. statement.

Are you saying, as a group all of them are not wise or that as individuals, they don't know everything?

Wow, you sure nailed that one.

Dentists are not all that wise and often lack common sense. Buy they are smarter than you.
Athletes are not all that wise and often lack comment sense. But even they are often smarter than you. Many professional athletes have advanced degrees.

I'll get to actors.

Yeppers, scientists are also often nerds, wear black framed glasses, and snort when they laugh.

You know a lot of scientists personally, do you?

These guys aren't really scientists. It's a TV show.

1628438487509.png

See the nerdy chick at the top right...Mayim Bialik has an advanced degree in neuroscience. She took time off from studying neuroscience to do acting on the show.

Yeah,, they aren't ALL wise and some lack common sense. Also, any one of them doesn't know everything.

Me too.

So, what was your point?

I'm willing to bet I'm older than you "son"

It's not me who stated there is life out there. Let me know when you find it sonny
It's not in the OP, either.

Are you hallucinating again?

By the way, it's your mentality I'm referring to, not your age.

With trillions of earths out there
Only a anti science illiterate would deny intelligent life
Our modern science is very brand new in the hundreds of years
Imagine a civilization that is 100,000 years of science

With trillions of earths out there
Only a anti science illiterate would deny intelligent life
Our modern science is very brand new in the hundreds of years
Imagine a civilization that is 100,000 years of science
They would consider us barbarians and not stop or go anywhere near us.

JohnDB
They could defeat us from just in earths orbit with nano bots !!
We don’t offer them anything of value

Forum List

Back