Why are we sending out space signals to aliens

"Millions of miles" won't even get you to the next planet, let alone next star.

I know. But I'll say again, thrre is no God etc and never will be. Go out until you catch the distant galaxies moving at the speed of light and experiencing dark energy and nothing else and you will still not find a silly God.
Anyone who believes that is delusional.

I know. But I'll say again, thrre is no God etc and never will be. Go out until you catch the distant galaxies moving at the speed of light and experiencing dark energy and nothing else and you will still not find a silly God.
Anyone who believes that is delusional.
And that just displays your ignorance of science. Galaxies cannot move at the speed of light. They can appear to move that fast because space itself is expanding at an incredible rate, but they cannot move through space at that speed. And your claim to know for certain that God does not exist carries absolutely no weight at all.

And that just displays your ignorance of science. Galaxies cannot move at the speed of light. They can appear to move that fast because space itself is expanding at an incredible rate, but they cannot move through space at that speed. And your claim to know for certain that God does not exist carries absolutely no weight at all.

In the outer reaches of the universe, they are moving at the speed even if you don't agree.

As for no God, Don t make me laugh.
But I'll extend the benefit of the doubt so you can give me your irrefutable evidence you obviously have. If you can't show me here, I'll assume you are like all godbotherers, and have just faith.
I make that claim because what can be asserted without evidence can dismissed without evidence.
So, comrade, see how good you are.
Maybe start this in the appropriate forum.

For the last 50 plus years we have been sending off radio signals to all kinds of various clusters of stars in hope aliens find them

Is this just me ? Or is this both reckless and suicidal
For 100+ years we have basically sent out a sphere, growing at the speed of light, of radio signals. That sphere's radius is about 100 light years. The choice was made long ago.

Most of the solar systems we have seen that don't have so oval of a planetary track and have something other than a gas giant at a similar spacing that earth does from the sun are so rare and so far away that actually they don't exist any longer as their suns have long since burned out.

(Most of the stars we see at night burned out long ago)
haha, stop right there. This is really, REALLY wrong. The only stars we can see our in our own galaxy. The only planetary systems we have observed are in our own galaxy. Nearly every single one of them has NOT burned out, as a couple hundred thousand years is a blip in the life of a star.

In the outer reaches of the universe, they are moving at the speed even if you don't agree.

As for no God, Don t make me laugh.
But I'll extend the benefit of the doubt so you can give me your irrefutable evidence you obviously have. If you can't show me here, I'll assume you are like all godbotherers, and have just faith.
I make that claim because what can be asserted without evidence can dismissed without evidence.
So, comrade, see how good you are.
Maybe start this in the appropriate forum.
Appropriate forum? You were making the claim, now you don't want to talk about. And, you obviously didn't read below the headlines. The galaxies at the OBSERVABLE edge of the universe appear to be violating the universal speed limit because space itself is expanding, carrying them with it. Nothing can travel faster than light, and objects with mass, such as a galaxy, would need infinite energy to move at light speed. Now where do you think infinite energy could come from?

haha, stop right there. This is really, REALLY wrong. The only stars we can see our in our own galaxy. The only planetary systems we have observed are in our own galaxy. Nearly every single one of them has NOT burned out, as a couple hundred thousand years is a blip in the life of a star.
Hahahaha....
Come back and try again when you understand time dilation...which obviously you don't. Things are much farther away than when the old model for calculating distance is not used.

And you are definitely using the old model.

We are effectively alone in the universe. Radio signals are a waste of time and money. No one can hear or reply to them.

Come back and try again when you understand time dilation...which obviously you don't. Things are much farther away than when the old model for calculating distance is not used
100% irrelevant. Every individual star we see in the sky is in our galaxy. Our galaxy is 100,000 lights years across. Every planetary system we observe is in our own galaxy. Virtually zero of the stars you see in the sky have burned out.

Last edited:
100% irrelevant psychobabble. Every individual star we see in the sky is in our galaxy. Our galaxy is 100,000 lights years across. Every planetary system we observe is in our own galaxy. Virtually zero of the stars you see in the sky have burned out.
So....
What you are saying is that 1+1= 3....
This is advanced mathematics that goes beyond the third grade.
I'm sorry you are having issues understanding time dilation effects on distance.
The shortcut explanation is that the speed of light is not a true constant but is relative to distance. IOW a light year in distance is a longer distance than we first thought and since the speed of light increases as it travels...

There's no way in hell any planet anywhere outside our solar system will ever be reached, even in 25 lifetimes. Our bodies can't withstand the g-forces and there never will be enough fuel on this planet to generate enough speed to get anywhere of significance.
And if somehow this was overcome...time dilation effects would mean that in a few years of traveling time for the astronaut there wouldn't be anyone on this planet who would remember because the astronaut would be ancient history.

There's no way in hell any planet anywhere outside our solar system will ever be reached, even in 25 lifetimes.
Uh, okay, but this isnt the silly, false statement to which i was responding. I would agree that we will not likely visit any planetary systems using classical or relativistic travel.

Uh, okay, but this isnt the silly, false statement to which i was responding. I would agree that we will not likely visit any planetary systems using classical or relativistic travel.
You are the one making silly statements because your mathematics and reading comprehension are really low...I dumb it down....I mean equality manufacture it as much as possible for you but I'm getting limited with what concepts I can use.

You are the one making silly statements because your mathematics and reading comprehension are really low...I dumb it down....I mean equality manufacture it as much as possible for you but I'm getting limited with what concepts I can use.
Your claim about the stars in our sky being burnt out already is stupid and false. You doubling down on it while accusing others of not understanding mathematics is embarrassing to watch and shows you have no idea what you are talking about. You should not even be commenting on this topic.

Your claim about the stars in our sky being burnt out already is stupid and false. You doubling down on it while accusing others of not understanding mathematics is embarrassing to watch and shows you have no idea what you are talking about. You should not even be commenting on this topic.
The vast majority of them are burned out...

I'm sorry I can't explain it to where you will understand it but the vast majority of stars in the sky are burned out already. They don't exist any more. We are looking at relics from the past.

The planets in our solar system are reflecting light back at us...they of course are there. (Just moved a bit from where we can see them) And there are a few actual stars that are close enough to us and young enough that they are likely still there.

But the vast majority that we can actually view aren't there anymore.

Wrong. Virtually zero of them are. We are talking about stars in our own galaxy.
Yeah... believe that you are knowledgeable all you want.... little green men are coming right behind bigfoot to take you away next week.

Yeah... believe that you are knowledgeable all you want.... little green men are coming right behind bigfoot to take you away next week.
Well that has nothing to do with anything. You need to recheck the size of our galaxy.

Forum List

Back