Why aren't the Left Offended?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Not an intentional flame thread but the accusations that the Media with the exception of Fox, IDB and WSJ are shills for the Democratic party are incessant. Since the mass media exists to sell over-priced crap to the gullible, that is what they sell themselves as, why aren't the left offended by this stereotype of themselves?

What do you mean?

It's a media conglomerate. We have five now. They shill for whatever is on the table. Do you muckety? You see who sits on the board here but also sits on the board here and here. They promote what they want you to see and what they don't. I'm liberal. I'm not a Democrat. I don't watch any of the folks that want to 'splain the news. I don't get offended by a bunch of noise.

The left isn't offended (about whatever it is you're saying) because the left isn't composed of professional victims who seek out reasons to be offended. Righties should not assume lefties are like themselves.

Now, we on the left do chuckle at the claim that our corporate conservative mainstream media is somehow "liberal". But it doesn't "offend" us.

The media sells what sells. They are nice to the powers that be since that sells. Only you little morons think that's a communist plot instead of capitalism at work.

Then again, most of you swallow whatever propaganda Fox spits out. That sell as well.

I'm liberal. I'm not a Democrat.

Okay , so you're not a Democrat- the party of the Jack Ass -but you'r a Liberal and simply half Assed.

Now, we on the left do chuckle at the claim that our corporate conservative mainstream media is somehow "liberal". But it doesn't "offend" us.

Corporate Conservative Media ? - lol - you're so cute with your simple minded little smugness. The majority of Corporate America is controlled by the cult of Big Brother aka the Democratic Party . splain dat

Not an intentional flame thread but the accusations that the Media with the exception of Fox, IDB and WSJ are shills for the Democratic party are incessant. Since the mass media exists to sell over-priced crap to the gullible, that is what they sell themselves as, why aren't the left offended by this stereotype of themselves?

Can you be specific? What are some of the accusations that have you offended?

Okay , so you're not a Democrat- the party of the Jack Ass -but you'r a Liberal and simply half Assed.

Corporate Conservative Media ? - lol - you're so cute with your simple minded little smugness. The majority of Corporate America is controlled by the cult of Big Brother aka the Democratic Party . splain dat

That second quote? It isn't me. I didn't say that. So, pull your head out of your fucking ass and fix it.

Never mind. You're too fucking stupid to figure this one out.

Never mind. You're too fucking stupid to figure this one out.

GFY :eusa_whistle:

Well the Unkind way of putting it is that Marxist salespeople do a better job of selling worthless, defective crap because they believe it to be their duty when in power to exploit the poor. This is their contribution to bringing about More's Utopia with a human face i. e. a Stalinist style dystopia.

The media sells what sells. They are nice to the powers that be since that sells. Only you little morons think that's a communist plot instead of capitalism at work.

Then again, most of you swallow whatever propaganda Fox spits out. That sell as well.

well us 'little morons' do think communism is raising its ugly head within the Dumbo party....and this is reflected in the liberal media.....just look at all the shows that promote indecency and attack the family....destroying the family is a communist goal...

Well the Unkind way of putting it is that Marxist salespeople do a better job of selling worthless, defective crap because they believe it to be their duty when in power to exploit the poor. This is their contribution to bringing about More's Utopia with a human face i. e. a Stalinist style dystopia.
This is a ridiculous lie.

An

well us 'little morons' do think communism is raising its ugly head within the Dumbo party....and this is reflected in the liberal media.....just look at all the shows that promote indecency and attack the family....destroying the family is a communist goal...
Another ridiculous lie.

An

Another ridiculous lie.
Liberals have a way of dismissing the truth by simply claiming it to be a ridiculous lie.

Here's a clue, Clarence! Just because you say it's a lie doesn't make it go away!

The liberals are approaching communism faster than you think.

An

Another ridiculous lie.

not a 'ridiculous lie' at all....you need to look at some living history....take Communist Cuba for instance....

I refuse to let entertainers, aka the media, offend me. They're just doing their job.

It's the morons who seem to forget they're being entertained, and accept the media as a source of real news that offend me .. Seemingly the RW's lead the way in that category.

I don't get offended by the accusations because they are baseless.

We have a corporate media....not a liberal media. The idea that they want a liberal POTUS is just too stupid. They want wars and natural disasters and terrible accidents. They want what sells

You fucking whiners need to think for a change. McCain and Palin and Romney and Ryan got as good or better press than Obama did during those campaigns. Of course...you idiots will never calm down enough to take an honest look at it. You've based your entire excuse machine on the myth of the liberal media.

Dupes.

The way you become a creditable media source is to have fact-based discussion more often than opinion based discussion.

The majority of fact-based discussions will favor a left-wing view. Hence why in a fact-based discussion a liberal will win 70% of the time.

With all this in mind the natural outcome is for the majority (not all...) of media sources to generally "side" with left wing views...even though it's not intentional.

An exception to this would be MSNBC, which I believe does have a pro-Democrat agenda (not pro-liberal). They don't distort facts like Fox News at least, but they put emphasis on spinning positive stories for the Democrats and negative ones for the GOP. I generally don't approve that.

You're not going to be a creditable media source with a bunch of "Because Jesus said so..." ideology.

Last edited:
I don't get offended by the accusations because they are baseless.

We have a corporate media....not a liberal media. The idea that they want a liberal POTUS is just too stupid. They want wars and natural disasters and terrible accidents. They want what sells

You fucking whiners need to think for a change. McCain and Palin and Romney and Ryan got as good or better press than Obama did during those campaigns. Of course...you idiots will never calm down enough to take an honest look at it. You've based your entire excuse machine on the myth of the liberal media.

Dupes.

you appear to be the 'dupe' here......why do all the liberal media fall so far behind the conservative media...?

it looks like they can't figure out 'what sells'.....Fox runs rings around them...lol

Forum List

Back