Zone1 Why Can God Forgive Me For Being Angry With Him When I Can't?

As I said, I don't pray for miracles. I pray for what I can do to help people who are terminal or have a terminal disease. This can open doors and/or provide insights that are of use.

Perhaps you are unaware I have been providing that understanding since I was a very small child. My beloved grandfather was atheist.
Maybe it appeared to me that you agreed with Ding when he tries to say that an atheist has no purpose in life. And also so many insults from him that you just let pass.
Also my favorite uncle. And my husband. The inability to believe in God has nothing to do with any inability to be a good and wonderful person.
Thank you! You've made that quite clear and so from my POV we have accomplished something worthwhile.
Is there anything now that you want from me?

Have you ever suggested that an atheist has no purpose in life?

You see I'm supposed to go to a baseball game this evening and see a friend that I rarely ever see anymore.

Last night there was a humongous chance of rain so I started getting extremely angry with God that that probably wouldn't happen but now I see sunshine everywhere and I am currently bathed in guilt for how I acted.

I already told Him that I was sorry and I know that He forgives me but I don't feel like I can be forgiven for that. I just have a really hard time with forgiving myself. Moreso than being able to forgive others. Either way no matter what would have happened I acted like a complete and utter idiot last night.

Bub...you are sick in the mind. And I don't mean that in a mean way. The world does not revolve around you. God does not run by your will or plans. Stop the madness.

slimball 592.gif

Have you ever suggested that an atheist has no purpose in life?
Are you kidding? I haven't even figured out my purpose in life! Seriously, have you figured out why you are here? When I was quite young I learned from the Baltimore Catechism:

Q: Why did God make me?
A: God made me to know him, love, him and serve him in this world.

Took me decades to know him, even longer to love him above all else. As far as serving him...When people reach the bottom of the barrel, guess who is there to lend a hand?

The other thing I learned somewhere along the line, is that we have two purposes in this life: To learn and to have fun. Not great at those, either.

Forum List

Back