Zone1 Why Can God Forgive Me For Being Angry With Him When I Can't?

Can you reinforce the idea with Blackrook that it's important to take action to change his life of misfortunes?

After that, he can immediately turn to prayer, and even credit the praying for his positive life changes!

That would go a ways in showing others that we can cooperate even though we disagree on the god being real.

Maybe you could even state the fact in a way that might be more acceptable to him?
Why would anyone do that? The best teacher is experience. Mistakes will continue to be repeated until lessons are learned. But please do continue to do the same things and expect different results. I couldn't be happier for you to suffer through your consequences. The best you can ever hope for is to suffer without complaint. Good luck with that. I'll continue to live the dream. :)

Are you willing to allow me to make some suggestions on how you can feed your family? I need the background information first. Then you'll be guaranteed of somebody paying attention and caring.

Your god didn't do that.
So moral support is what you are offering?

Can you reinforce the idea with Blackrook that it's important to take action to change his life of misfortunes?

After that, he can immediately turn to prayer, and even credit the praying for his positive life changes!

That would go a ways in showing others that we can cooperate even though we disagree on the god being real.

Maybe you could even state the fact in a way that might be more acceptable to him?
Blackrook is a person of strong faith, and of prayer...which means no one else should get in the way of the Holy Spirit working in his life. If/when Blackrook thinks human experience can give an assist, he'll be prompted to ask.

Until then...I'll never forget an instance in my own life where I was praying for help with classroom management issues I was having. I had been praying for four years, wondering why I wasn't getting the help I needed when one day, everything clicked into place. That day, I looked back on the four years and was readily able to identify often coincidental experiences that had dropped into my life. These step-by-step coincidental events, along with everyday occurrences, presented me with the answers I needed. God, through his Holy Spirit, took four years to work up a plan that was right for me--and I am still in awe.

If we're one of the 'coincidences' Blackrook needs in his life, at the right time he will be here, or will be prompted to ask. Or, he may be prompted to find or seek other's thoughts in a different place. As I say...let's not get in the way of God's Holy Spirit and deflect in a way that might prove unhelpful.

Forum List

Back