Why can't liberals comprehend this is the United States of America??

Righties cry "state rights " , unless it's something they don't like . Then they wipe there ass with "state rights ."

See Sanctuary Cities for a prime example of above .

Again, as you people are so fond of reminding everyone, immigration policy is the venue of the federal government.

Exactly!

The Feds want these cities to do the ins dirty work.

Two things:

1. Arguing we need the Electoral College in order to protect small states is bunk. No one visits a state unless it is a swing state and the list of those gets smaller every year. If you don't like the idea of only a few cities or states deciding an election, you don't have a leg to stand on arguing for the electoral college. Ask any Democrat in Louisiana or Republican in New York or California. As it is, their vote is worthless. At least under a popular vote it would count.

2. One of the consequences of the Electoral College is the two party system. No matter how big a chunk a third party gets of the popular vote, the Electoral College essentially shuts them out of the race unless they can outright win states. And even then, unless they outright win the Electoral College, the tie breaker laid out in the Constitution shuts them out. As such we will always be a two party system as long as we have the Electoral college.

3. The Electoral College's other use is as a safeguard and last stop gap against a clearly unqualified or dangerous candidate. That is a joke. Most of the electors are picked outright by the campaigns, calling into question their purpose as a check on the system. That is especially true this time as any true check provided by the Electoral College would have immediately rejected Trump and Clinton.

I'm somewhat meh on the whole abolishing the EC debate, as I think it's just a symptom of a larger problem our system of government has. I'm very much in favor of a Constitutional Convention and revisiting the entire way we govern as a people, not just the EC.

The thing that votes "don't count" in EV is ridiculous. It's no different in PV. You lose, you don't get your way. That doesn't mean your vote didn't count. We are a nation comprised of States, we are not a single State
Nah, it isn't ridiculous. It's reinforced by the fact that the campaigns won't be visiting or spending money in non-swing states. The campaigns themselves understand this. The fact there are voters that still think their vote for President counts if they live in one of the (many) non-swing states is just an example of how easily duped we as a people are.

BTW, this is the reason that gerrymandering exists as a thing. You can negate folks votes pretty easily using geography in how you divide up regions. The only difference between gerrymandering the House and the Electoral college is that the State boundaries don't change every 10 years. Meaning one day Texas might possibly be worth spending money on in a Presidential election.

We are a nation of 50 states bigger than Europe

Is Spain the same as Italy ?

Is Great Britain the same as Germany?

Hence the name United States of America

Not the United State of California

This guy thought this was so smart it needed its own thread.

Are you seriously saying that liberals don't actually know what America has states?

Seriously?

Well look at all these threads bitching about the EC? Of course they don't know

The topic is FEDERAL Presidency.

Yes, people who oppose EC do know of states, to say otherwise is simply stupid.

Bull shit they want to get rid of the EC and just use the Popular so just the liberals rule America and we know how much of most of those high tax hell holes are

? Conservatives don't want to rule America?

Look again, one can support or not support EC, but that has nothing to do with knowing that America has states.

This guy thought this was so smart it needed its own thread.

Because for some reason you and your ilk can't comprehend its the United States of America..

he thing that votes "don't count" in EV is ridiculous. It's no different in PV. You lose, you don't get your way. That doesn't mean your vote didn't count.

Actually that's *exactly* what it means.

I'll illustrate this for about the 59th time --- you and I had a vote in this election if we wanted it. That's because it wasn't clear going in how Carolina would be sending ALL (again that's ALL) its electrical votes.

Our friends and relatives in Connecticut and Texas and West Virginia and Oregon --- they had no vote. Their state was already determined. They could vote with their state, they could vote against their state, or they could stay home and not vote at all, and all three scenaria bring the same results -- zero.

And that's how this fucked-up system suppresses voter turnout. For most people, there's no point in it.

Back here at home, Carolina will now advise the greater EC that every last voter in our state cast a ballot for Rump, and it was a shutout. Which is a crock of bullshit.

Are you seriously saying that liberals don't actually know what America has states?

Seriously?

Bull shit they want to get rid of the EC and just use the Popular so just the liberals rule America and we know how much of most of those high tax hell holes are

Look again, one can support or not support EC, but that has nothing to do with knowing that America has states.

No we're not as power hungry as you ' look at hillary doing anything as dirty as hell to try to win it.

You do know we started a revolutionary war over taxation with out representation

And that's what you want the fly over states to be good little boys and girls and do what we say.

he thing that votes "don't count" in EV is ridiculous. It's no different in PV. You lose, you don't get your way. That doesn't mean your vote didn't count.

I'll illustrate this for about the 59th time --- you and I had a vote in this election if we wanted it. That's because it wasn't clear going in how Carolina would be sending ALL (again that's ALL) its electrical votes.

Our friends and relatives in Connecticut and Texas and West Virginia and Oregon --- they had no vote. Their state was already determined. They could vote with their state, they could vote against their state, or they could stay home and not vote at all, and all three scenaria bring the same results -- zero.

And that's how this fucked-up system suppresses voter turnout. For most people, there's no point in it.

Back here at home, Carolina will now advise the greater EC that every last voter in our state cast a ballot for Rump, and it was a shutout. Which is a crock of bullshit.

Move to Chicago..

Like I said fuck Illinois taxes and moved to South Carolina

Seriously?

No we're not as power hungry as you ' look at hilly doing anything as dirty as hell to try to win it.

You do know we started a revolutionary war over taxation with out representation

And that's what you want the fly over states to be good little boys and girls and do what we say.

Puerto Rico.
Just thought I'd toss that in again.

Move to Chicago..

"Where I live" is in no way the point. I live here by choice.
"How the system works" was in fact the point you're desperately trying to run away from.

What's next does the liberals want to get rid of the Senate that's supposed to protect each state evenly?

The United States of America (USA), commonly referred to as the United States (U.S.) or America, is a federal republic composed of 50 states, afederal district, five major self-governing territories, and various possessions.[fn 1]Forty-eight of the fifty states and the federal district are contiguous and located in North America betweenCanada and Mexico.
As with the US congress, the two houses represent us in total, nothing gets passed via voting, without the other. The house of representatives represents we the people and the two senators represent our entire state"s will.....

Our congressmen represent we the people that live in his congressional voting district, which have about 700000 citizens in each, the Senate represents the majority in the whole state.

ELECTORS in each state are allotted in the same manner, 1 elector representing each congressional voting district, plus each state, whether small or largely populated gets 2 electors representing each state"s two senators.....

In the electoral process the two electors representing state senators give the smaller states the same clout as the largest state....THAT is what gives smaller states a slight advantage, just like in Congress.

Where the States CHANGED the electors to winner takes ALL is how the state's messed up the electoral college. It was each elector in each congressional district, represented that district and his electoral vote went to the candidate representing the 700k people....

The two extra electors were suppose to go to who the State majority wanted.

IT'S NOT that way anymore because the States changed it....except my state of Maine and Nebraska have it the way our founders designed it.

We need the electoral college, but it is BROKEN to only serve a two party system now, and Only the State, and we the people LOST our representation.

People are voting for who their State is going to give it's electors to, they haven't lost their representation. There are winners and losers in every election. In this election there's also the whiners who won't let that you lost go

When your state is already locked-down red or blue ---- you've lost your representation. Use your head.

Bull. It's no different than being in the minority in PV. You voted, you lost
NOPE....NOT AT ALL IS IT LIKE THE PRIMARY VOTE in he Democratic primary, the delegate votes go to the candidates PROPORTIONALLY....

The super delegates are a different story, they are like the Senator given Electors where they do not represent a voting district, but the overall State.

Seriously?

No we're not as power hungry as you ' look at hilly doing anything as dirty as hell to try to win it.

Stop the bullshit, conservatives want a conservative President and because conservatives live mostly in rural areas they want more weight on geographical area rather than populace.

None of this means that conservatives or liberals do not understand that America has states. DUH.

Move to Chicago..

"Where I live" is in no way the point. I live here by choice.
"How the system works" was in fact the point you're desperately trying to run away from.

I am talking facts to you dummies who are trying to hide your real motives

Yes it does because I know you're a Yankee liberal who moved to North Carolina and wants to destroy it like you destroyed your northern city's

You guys are vultures

Stop the bullshit, conservatives want a conservative President and because conservatives live mostly in rural areas they want more weight on geographical area rather than populace.

None of this means either conservatives or liberals do not understand that America has states. DUH.

Bull shit I lived in the Chicago area for 38. Years I know all about the Democrat machine.. Ya know?

None of this means either conservatives or liberals do not understand that America has states. DUH.

Bull shit I lived in the Chicago area for 38. Years I know all about the Democrat machine.. Ya know?

...What is it about you living in Chicago (or even Moon) show that what I said is bullshit?

Can you get coherent for a few seconds to squeeze out a sane post?

Last edited:
I am talking facts to you dummies who are trying to hide your real motives
:lol: Typical of a loser who can't handle the point and desperately tries to shift it elsewhere -- "what you REALLY mean is..... " :rofl:

Yes it does because I know you're a Yankee liberal who moved to North Carolina and wants to destroy it like you destroyed your northern city's

Actually I moved here from Louisiana. After Katrina.

Anything else then?

Two things:

1. Arguing we need the Electoral College in order to protect small states is bunk. No one visits a state unless it is a swing state and the list of those gets smaller every year. If you don't like the idea of only a few cities or states deciding an election, you don't have a leg to stand on arguing for the electoral college. Ask any Democrat in Louisiana or Republican in New York or California. As it is, their vote is worthless. At least under a popular vote it would count.

2. One of the consequences of the Electoral College is the two party system. No matter how big a chunk a third party gets of the popular vote, the Electoral College essentially shuts them out of the race unless they can outright win states. And even then, unless they outright win the Electoral College, the tie breaker laid out in the Constitution shuts them out. As such we will always be a two party system as long as we have the Electoral college.

3. The Electoral College's other use is as a safeguard and last stop gap against a clearly unqualified or dangerous candidate. That is a joke. Most of the electors are picked outright by the campaigns, calling into question their purpose as a check on the system. That is especially true this time as any true check provided by the Electoral College would have immediately rejected Trump and Clinton.

I'm somewhat meh on the whole abolishing the EC debate, as I think it's just a symptom of a larger problem our system of government has. I'm very much in favor of a Constitutional Convention and revisiting the entire way we govern as a people, not just the EC.

OK, let me see if I've got this right. A persons vote is counted/worthwhile only when their candidate wins. Ok, now I got it. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

...What is it about you living in Chicago (or even Moon) show that what I said is bullshit?

Because obviously you don't have a clue about it or are playing ignorant ..again The last Republican mayor of Chicago was big bill.. Like 100 years ago.

Because obviously you don't have a clue about it or are playing ignorant ..again The last Republican mayor of Chicago was big bill.. Like 100 years ago.

Big Bill Thompson. Corrupt as the day was long. And a bigot.

Forum List

Back