Why can't liberals comprehend this is the United States of America??

Conservatives apparently think that political power should be based on geographical area rather than on individual people. They think that low population states should have equivalent political power as high population states, thereby individuals living in low population states are greater politically than people in high population states.

This undermines the concept that "All men are created equal".

How about a state that has 20 millions people has 20 million times more political power than a state that has 1 person? Or do you think that a state which had 1 person should have equal political power as a state that has 20 million people?

We are a nation of 50 states bigger than Europe

Is Spain the same as Italy ?

Is Great Britain the same as Germany?

Hence the name United States of America

Not the United State of California

What's next does the liberals want to get rid of the Senate that's supposed to protect each state evenly?

The United States of America (USA), commonly referred to as the United States (U.S.) or America, is a federal republic composed of 50 states, afederal district, five major self-governing territories, and various possessions.[fn 1]Forty-eight of the fifty states and the federal district are contiguous and located in North America betweenCanada and Mexico.
As with the US congress, the two houses represent us in total, nothing gets passed via voting, without the other. The house of representatives represents we the people and the two senators represent our entire state"s will.....

Our congressmen represent we the people that live in his congressional voting district, which have about 700000 citizens in each, the Senate represents the majority in the whole state.

ELECTORS in each state are allotted in the same manner, 1 elector representing each congressional voting district, plus each state, whether small or largely populated gets 2 electors representing each state"s two senators.....

In the electoral process the two electors representing state senators give the smaller states the same clout as the largest state....THAT is what gives smaller states a slight advantage, just like in Congress.

Where the States CHANGED the electors to winner takes ALL is how the state's messed up the electoral college. It was each elector in each congressional district, represented that district and his electoral vote went to the candidate representing the 700k people....

The two extra electors were suppose to go to who the State majority wanted.

IT'S NOT that way anymore because the States changed it....except my state of Maine and Nebraska have it the way our founders designed it.

We need the electoral college, but it is BROKEN to only serve a two party system now, and Only the State, and we the people LOST our representation.

People are voting for who their State is going to give it's electors to, they haven't lost their representation. There are winners and losers in every election. In this election there's also the whiners who won't let that you lost go

When your state is already locked-down red or blue ---- you've lost your representation. Use your head.

Bull. It's no different than being in the minority in PV. You voted, you lost
NOPE....NOT AT ALL IS IT LIKE THE PRIMARY VOTE in he Democratic primary, the delegate votes go to the candidates PROPORTIONALLY....

The super delegates are a different story, they are like the Senator given Electors where they do not represent a voting district, but the overall State.

You haven't made any point. States decide how to allocate their EVs. You live in a State, you vote, they are allocated by it's rules. Don't like it, suck it. But to say your vote didn't count because you lost is just eight year old. Especially after the election.

Let's be honest, this has nothing to do with your heartache over the contrived issue that losing a vote means your vote didn't count. You want tyranny of the majority so you can ram more down everyone's throats. That's why you like PV. I oppose tyranny of the majority and believe individuals should have rights you don't want us to have so I like the EV. Unfortunately for you, the founders set it up my way. But cut the stupid shit that voting according to the rules of your State and losing is equivalent to losing your vote

Conservatives apparently think that political power should be based on geographical area rather than on individual people. They think that low population states should have equivalent political power as high population states, thereby individuals living in low population states are greater politically than people in high population states.

How about a state that has 20 millions people has 20 million times more political power than a state that has 1 person? Or do you think that a state which had 1 person should have equal political power as a state that has 20 million people?

Oh look, another butt hurt leftist who wants to disenfranchise 48 of the 50 states.

What a surprise.

he thing that votes "don't count" in EV is ridiculous. It's no different in PV. You lose, you don't get your way. That doesn't mean your vote didn't count.

Actually that's *exactly* what it means.

I'll illustrate this for about the 59th time --- you and I had a vote in this election if we wanted it. That's because it wasn't clear going in how Carolina would be sending ALL (again that's ALL) its electrical votes.

Our friends and relatives in Connecticut and Texas and West Virginia and Oregon --- they had no vote. Their state was already determined. They could vote with their state, they could vote against their state, or they could stay home and not vote at all, and all three scenaria bring the same results -- zero.

And that's how this fucked-up system suppresses voter turnout. For most people, there's no point in it.

Back here at home, Carolina will now advise the greater EC that every last voter in our state cast a ballot for Rump, and it was a shutout. Which is a crock of bullshit.

Move to Chicago..

Like I said fuck Illinois taxes and moved to South Carolina

"Where I live" is in no way the point. I live here by choice.
"How the system works" was in fact the point you're desperately trying to run away from.

I am talking facts to you dummies who are trying to hide your real motives

Yes it does because I know you're a Yankee liberal who moved to North Carolina and wants to destroy it like you destroyed your northern city's

You guys are vultures

QFT. That is the downside of the colonization of the south by the north

What's next does the liberals want to get rid of the Senate that's supposed to protect each state evenly?

The United States of America (USA), commonly referred to as the United States (U.S.) or America, is a federal republic composed of 50 states, afederal district, five major self-governing territories, and various possessions.[fn 1]Forty-eight of the fifty states and the federal district are contiguous and located in North America betweenCanada and Mexico.

The charm of states rights ended in 1861, or thereabouts.
Tell that to the Sanctuary cities and the Californian secessionists.

It appears to us that 20 million is indocterated and brain dead Like you

It's funny you want pure mob full and still can't comprehend my OP

I wonder if you can comprehend this simple statement

United we stand
Divided we fall

No one should have to move to fly-over country in order for their vote to count. You're the one who is clueless about freedom and rights.

United we stand
Divided we fall

Without California this country would fail. Not just fall. It's the 6th largest economy in the world now. You should send a Christmas card to Sacramento and STFU.

May I have electoral college for one hundred dollars, Alex?

Are you seriously saying that liberals don't actually know what America has states?

Seriously?

Well look at all these threads bitching about the EC? Of course they don't know

Yeah, just look at who bitched about the EC a few years ago. Shocking. He thinks it's a democracy, too.
You are one of the dumbest righties here.

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy.
10:45 PM - 6 Nov 2012

Are you seriously saying that liberals don't actually know what America has states?

Seriously?

Well look at all these threads bitching about the EC? Of course they don't know

Yeah, just look at who bitched about the EC a few years ago. Shocking. He thinks it's a democracy, too.
You are one of the dumbest righties here.

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy.
10:45 PM - 6 Nov 2012

The funny thing is that Pa, Wisc and Mich are not "little" states. Not that President Hillary was a pleasant sound.

United we stand
Divided we fall

Without California this country would fail. Not just fall. It's the 6th largest economy in the world now. You should send a Christmas card to Sacramento and STFU.
The only things that are good about California are that it has a giant coast and lots of arable land.

Florida could have literally everything California has and contribute much more to the country with that influence than California does.

California is an enormous drain on the country at face value with its tens of millions of retards and millions of illegal aliens sponging billions.

As with the US congress, the two houses represent us in total, nothing gets passed via voting, without the other. The house of representatives represents we the people and the two senators represent our entire state"s will.....

Our congressmen represent we the people that live in his congressional voting district, which have about 700000 citizens in each, the Senate represents the majority in the whole state.

ELECTORS in each state are allotted in the same manner, 1 elector representing each congressional voting district, plus each state, whether small or largely populated gets 2 electors representing each state"s two senators.....

In the electoral process the two electors representing state senators give the smaller states the same clout as the largest state....THAT is what gives smaller states a slight advantage, just like in Congress.

Where the States CHANGED the electors to winner takes ALL is how the state's messed up the electoral college. It was each elector in each congressional district, represented that district and his electoral vote went to the candidate representing the 700k people....

The two extra electors were suppose to go to who the State majority wanted.

IT'S NOT that way anymore because the States changed it....except my state of Maine and Nebraska have it the way our founders designed it.

We need the electoral college, but it is BROKEN to only serve a two party system now, and Only the State, and we the people LOST our representation.

People are voting for who their State is going to give it's electors to, they haven't lost their representation. There are winners and losers in every election. In this election there's also the whiners who won't let that you lost go

When your state is already locked-down red or blue ---- you've lost your representation. Use your head.

NOPE....NOT AT ALL IS IT LIKE THE PRIMARY VOTE in he Democratic primary, the delegate votes go to the candidates PROPORTIONALLY....

The super delegates are a different story, they are like the Senator given Electors where they do not represent a voting district, but the overall State.

You haven't made any point. States decide how to allocate their EVs. You live in a State, you vote, they are allocated by it's rules. Don't like it, suck it. But to say your vote didn't count because you lost is just eight year old. Especially after the election.

Let's be honest, this has nothing to do with your heartache over the contrived issue that losing a vote means your vote didn't count. You want tyranny of the majority so you can ram more down everyone's throats. That's why you like PV. I oppose tyranny of the majority and believe individuals should have rights you don't want us to have so I like the EV. Unfortunately for you, the founders set it up my way. But cut the stupid shit that voting according to the rules of your State and losing is equivalent to losing your vote
1. under the present rules, Trump won this election and will be President.

2, I AM NOT ARGUING AGAINST HIS WIN....

3. you are an ignorant idiot, or just like to play one on the internet :p

I am advocating changing the electoral process BACK TO THE WAY our founding fathers INTENDED IT TO WORK.... the people get represented, AND the States get represented, just like the House and the Senate.

The small states get MORE representation, by getting 2 senators/2 electors, while the largest states out there STILL only get 2 senators/2 electors.... as with congress, this gives small states more power than they deserve according to their population....

The way States CHANGED their electoral process over the years took away the power of the electors given to represent the people in the federal election, and gave it ALL to the power of the State....they did this, to secure their 2 party gig... where a third party candidate could near NEVER recieve even a single Elector vote.....so that we can only have a Democratic or Republican President.

OUR FOUNDERS DID NOT WANT THIS COLLUSION in fact this is WHY rgwy created ELECTORS instead of giving it to the House and Senate, where they felt that those in office would collude with each other to simply vote for who was in their Party....instead they chose electors to represent the congressmen, and their congressional districts and 2 electors representing our state senators, and these electors could NOT be people in political party government positions, and each elector vote was to count individually....

NOT A WINNER TAKE ALL.

I'm advocating in keeping the electoral college, but having elector votes go to the candidate that won the elector's congressional voting district and the 2 electors representing the senators going to the stare's majority winner.

the 2 electors representing senators gives the small states the advantage the founders created.

look at a red blue map, there are a sea of red states and just a handfull of blue....the 2 senatorial electors in each of those red states goes to the R regardless of state population....

so let's say R's win 35 states for their candidate, and D's only win 15 states, but the popular vote was near equal for both candidates and the E V vote tied, due to blue states being states with heavily populated cities....

but the R candidate gets those 2 senatorial electors for 35 states won so 70 more electors, and the D candidate only gets 30 EV votes for their 15 state win...the R candidates gets 40 more electorial votes in the final tally giving the win to R's.... THIS IS THE ADVANTAGE OUR FOUNDERS GAVE to smaller states...

NOT THE BASTARDIZED winner takes all EV votes

I am advocating changing the electoral process BACK TO THE WAY our founding fathers INTENDED IT TO WORK.... the people get represented, AND the States get represented, just like the House and the Senate.

The small states get MORE representation, by getting 2 senators/2 electors, while the largest states out there STILL only get 2 senators/2 electors.... as with congress, this gives small states more power than they deserve according to their population....

The way States CHANGED their electoral process over the years took away the power of the electors given to represent the people in the federal election, and gave it ALL to the power of the State....they did this, to secure their 2 party gig... where a third party candidate could near NEVER recieve even a single Elector vote.....so that we can only have a Democratic or Republican President.

OUR FOUNDERS DID NOT WANT THIS COLLUSION in fact this is WHY rgwy created ELECTORS instead of giving it to the House and Senate, where they felt that those in office would collude with each other to simply vote for who was in their Party....instead they chose electors to represent the congressmen, and their congressional districts and 2 electors representing our state senators, and these electors could NOT be people in political party government positions, and each elector vote was to count individually....

NOT A WINNER TAKE ALL.

I'm advocating in keeping the electoral college, but having elector votes go to the candidate that won the elector's congressional voting district and the 2 electors representing the senators going to the stare's majority winner.

the 2 electors representing senators gives the small states the advantage the founders created.

look at a red blue map, there are a sea of red states and just a handfull of blue....the 2 senatorial electors in each of those red states goes to the R regardless of state population....

so let's say R's win 35 states for their candidate, and D's only win 15 states, but the popular vote was near equal for both candidates and the E V vote tied, due to blue states being states with heavily populated cities....

but the R candidate gets those 2 senatorial electors for 35 states won so 70 more electors, and the D candidate only gets 30 EV votes for their 15 state win...the R candidates gets 40 more electorial votes in the final tally giving the win to R's.... THIS IS THE ADVANTAGE OUR FOUNDERS GAVE to smaller states...

You're an idiot or you just like playing one on message boards. I keep responding to your ridiculous point that your vote somehow didn't count because you lost when you voted according to the rules of your State. You say all this and never responded to the point we were discussing.

Funny how when we're following the rules set up by the founders we aren't following what they wanted. Can you back that up with more than your own claims of what they wanted?

They clearly in everything I've read left it up to the States how to allocate electors. Show what you're basing it on that they actually wanted to dictate to States how to do it

Oh look, another butt hurt leftist who wants to disenfranchise 48 of the 50 states.

What a surprise.

States don't matter people do. Is that too hard for you to comprehend?

NOT A WINNER TAKE ALL.

You're an idiot or you just like playing one on message boards. I keep responding to your ridiculous point that your vote somehow didn't count because you lost when you voted according to the rules of your State. You say all this and never responded to the point we were discussing.

Funny how when we're following the rules set up by the founders we aren't following what they wanted. Can you back that up with more than your own claims of what they wanted?

They clearly in everything I've read left it up to the States how to allocate electors. Show what you're basing it on that they actually wanted to dictate to States how to do it
i;m advocating each State change the rules back to where they represent our founder's intent.

United we stand
Divided we fall

You voted for Trump and your calling me brain dead? What a joke!

United we stand for equality and democracy!

Divided is when a minority gets to force their will on the majority!

But, I doubt you can comprehend that.

NOT A WINNER TAKE ALL.

i;m advocating each State change the rules back to where they represent our founder's intent.

1) OK, assuming that means you're dropping the stupid shit that your vote didn't count when you voted according to the rules of your State then we're good on that point

2) I asked you how you know that was their intent since we are following their rules and everything I've read just says they wanted the States to decide how to allocate their electors

Forum List

Back