Why Can't Movie-makers Get it Right?

And it is also about having a strong woman as a lead character. That does not fit your comfort zone.

I find it most telling that you made a point of telling us that YOU took your wife to the theater and YOU paid for her ticket. And then, because she has different tastes than you, you talk about her low intellect. lol

Let me ask you, when you retire will you help with housework? Or is that still only her job? And does she ever get to retire?

My wife went to see Baywatch, not Wonder Woman. She has no more interest in seeing Wonder Woman thsn i do.

The reason I didn't want to see Baywatch was that they'd turned it from a drama into a stupidity (my term for comedies based on low brow humor a la Adam Sandler). She finds that type of humor to be funny. I find it nauseating.

My wife has neither a car nor s drivers license. It would have been tough for her to get therr on her own. I plan to retire when they put me in a pine box, and not a moment sooner.

The original "tone" for Baywatch was slomo bouncing boobies, no?

That's the way I saw it. :dunno:

The original "tone" for Baywatch was slomo bouncing boobies, no?

Somewhat. The series waz built az a drama, not a comedy. To change it to comedy, and ezpecially one of the lowedt order, and reduce the appearance of the stars does a disservice to the original content.

The wide and I saw a trailer for Dunkirk, and she commented on how desperately the movie was trying to pull a victory out of the defeat.

I pointed out that there were plenty of victories in WWII, and that Hollywood choose to make a movie about a defeat.

Fucking morons.
They also like to try to force anti war assholes on the public via war movies.

For instance...I sure as hell wouldn't go to a Sean Penn production even if they paid me to.

The wide and I saw a trailer for Dunkirk, and she commented on how desperately the movie was trying to pull a victory out of the defeat.

I pointed out that there were plenty of victories in WWII, and that Hollywood choose to make a movie about a defeat.

Fucking morons.
They also like to try to force anti war assholes on the public via war movies.

For instance...I sure as hell wouldn't go to a Sean Penn production even if they paid me to.

How about a remake of The Longest Day? Think you can find some drama in one of the largest invasions EVER?

Yea ... I'm pissed they took out the bondage too.

Not a "bondage" issue for me. It's a matter of being true to the original creator's vision of the chsracter.

And it is also about having a strong woman as a lead character. That does not fit your comfort zone.

I find it most telling that you made a point of telling us that YOU took your wife to the theater and YOU paid for her ticket. And then, because she has different tastes than you, you talk about her low intellect. lol

Let me ask you, when you retire will you help with housework? Or is that still only her job? And does she ever get to retire?
Hmmm the last people I heard bitching about boycotting Wonder Woman were left wing loon feminists pissed because Gal was from Israel and she had the gall to shave her arm pits.

The Libs are such high brow thinkers...not.

Obviously there is a market for such things. Why does your wife want to see it?

Her minimal intellect, combined with her urban upbringing and Latino heritage apparently make her susceptible to that type of low-brow stupidity/humor.

From reading your posts here, there is no doubt that she runs intellectual rings around you. From the personality (ugh) you display here, it's obvious you're an abusive asshole.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

I find it hilarious that the man who says life isn't about pleasure or fun, but about enduring trials & working hard, is upset because someone doesn't spend millions to entertain HIM the way he wants.

Which two potential movies are you reffering to?

Im referring to Robert (R.A.) Salvatore's Drizzt novels, set in D&D's Forgotten Realmz setting and Laurell K Hamilton's Anita Blake and Merry Gentry series.

All three series hace been considered for both large and small screen adaptation, but the authors have demanded approval of casting, scripts, and final product to ensure it stsys accurate to the source material. Control no channel or studio haz been willing to accept.

Salvatore doesn't have any say and never did. The rights to Drizzt and the entire Forgotten Realms are owned by Hasbro, who owns Wizards of the Coast.

I highly recommend Salvatore's Crimson Shadow series.

Last edited:
From reading your posts here, there is no doubt that she runs intellectual rings around you. From the personality (ugh) you display here, it's obvious you're an abusive asshole.

I'll give you one out of three. I'm definitely an asshole. That title I wear with pride.

What you call abuse is actually conssntual discipline and leadership; but you wouldnt recognize things like that.

In terms of intellectual capability, we're not anywhere close. After two full years in high school she was still onsidered a freshman when she dropped out. She's failed the GED exam 6 times.

Forum List

Back