Why Dennis Miller Isn't Funny

Miller was never funny He got by for a little while trying to act like the cool guy, but that didn't last very long.

I liked his bit, where he addresses the problem with too many lawyers in this country and not enough teachers. He offers to switch their salaries: start paying teachers at the rate lawyers are normally paid, and start paying lawyers what teachers are making. End of problem!

He used to be but then he decided he could think for himself. He was wrong.

Political satire is a hard job. You have to strike a balance and fairly SKEWER ALL the nonsense. That's why Colbert isn't funny any more either. Because he stepped out of character and is his really annoying liberal self again.

I think Miller is a weaker conservative version of Bill Maher..

Sometimes he cracks me up.....other times not so much. I don't think he's that bad though.

I love how something as subjective as humor can be reduced to something as binary as funny/not funny.

Ah, partisans....

:rolleyes-41:

Miller is that esoteric type of snarky humor that progressives love, as long as it isn't pointed in their direction.

He's Bill Maher with a different flavor of arrogance.

I love how something as subjective as humor can be reduced to something as binary as funny/not funny.

Ah, partisans....

Miller is that esoteric type of snarky humor that progressives love, as long as it isn't pointed in their direction.

being cynical and clever about issues is too easy...

being in the position of actually solving problems is the hard part.

that's why they're in show biz, not leadership...

Ah, partisans....

being cynical and clever about issues is too easy...

being in the position of actually solving problems is the hard part.

that's why they're in show biz, not leadership...

Or finding easier problems to solve, which is the progressive way..

"Don't worry about massive shortfalls in pension funding, Now transgenders can use any bathroom they want!!!"

holy non sequitur, batman... (those are pretty simple too)

This is a thread about "me not find this comedian funny", It's going to devolve into the reasons behind it (OP doesn't like Dennis' politics) so I'm just bringing it there quicker.

Do you know what is funny?....................................................
.............................This................

Miller saw his comedy career heading down so he jumped ship for another revenue stream. Now he's just a talking point paid shill.

At one time, I thought his humor was funny, and for those that have a somewhat decent vocabulary.

Over the years, he's denigrated into snarky "humor" that belittles anyone not as fortunate as he is.

No, I no longer find him funny, just tedious and mean.

now Sam Kinison.....there was someone who was funny.....

Agreed. But you know who one of my favorite comedians is? Dennis Wolfberg, because he can describe a situation without using any cuss words at all, but in the way he describes it, you know EXACTLY what was said and done, but it is in normal, civil, clean language, but it is funny as all get out.

Ah, partisans....

How else are you supposed to see humor besides funny and not funny dipwad

Forum List

Back