Why Did FDR Censor Criticism of Stalin?

Rush to explain... MY dad was shot by a AXIS soldier, MY mother was a Army Nurse , put the two together. They lived through the depression. I was born because they lived through that. I get the issue, alright. Rush to explain...I am not explaining anything. It is the facts .

Rush to explain... MY dad was shot by a AXIS soldier, MY mother was a Army Nurse , put the two together. They lived through the depression. I was born because they lived through that. I get the issue, alright. Rush to explain...I am not explaining anything. It is the facts .

Did you believe that your post has anything to do with explaining FDR's love affair with the USSR?

Really?

Oh, no, just because I lived through this stuff, what do I know? Please. Tell me about history. Interesting to read about it from people that live it vicariously through the internet, please tell us what you read like a droning pedantic school marm. Please ignore us.

Truman had the guts to drop the A-bomb, ended WWII But then we question his decision ad infinitum. Since then everyone and their Uncle thought America was wrong for everything... Funny thing about HINDSIGHT. Everyone knows all the facts. Yeah. Like how the Japanese shouldn't have invaded China or attacked Pearl Harbor, or how Germany shouldn't have invaded Poland and started WWII. Yeah, we ALL knew that. Well then there is that creep Edward Snowden, he IS a traitor. He made Benedict Arnold look like piker.

And then, there is our involvement in Korea and Vietnam, 52 K losses and for what? History. Americans, are you paying attention? I have. Then, there is that silly incursion in Panama. OK, then we never lifted a finger after extremist Iranians took 52 American Embassy people "hostage". Forget that? Forget when the Hesbola killed 250 American Marines in Beirut in the 80's? I didn't. I have seen much much more. I leave it at that.

Last edited:
Oh, no, just because I lived through this stuff, what do I know? .

Not much, apparently. What do you think you "lived through" that no one else here has? And why do you expect simply being old to be taken as a sign of great scholarship in History?

What you mean is think like you. Not a chance.
When a budding youth I did know more than the experts but over the years that has somewhat changed. Today, I think it possible that 238 of America's top historians and presidential experts might know perhaps a little more history than I do, but then I'm the type that believes my medical doctor may know a wee bit more about medicine than I do.
Were I to appraise FDR on my own, I would rate FDR as America's greatest president, and I'm pleased the authorities agree with me.

When a doctor gives a medical opinion it may or may not be shown to be correct. It is in principal subject to falsification like any other scientific statement.

When an historian expresses an opinion regarding someone's 'greatness' it is just an opinion. What the opinion will be can be accurately predicted if the historian's political stance is known. If the historian is a leftist he will opine that FDR was the cat's knees or the bee's whiskers or whatever the saying is.

And if that doctor treats your cold by getting you addicted to crack, he's a terrible doctor even if 10,000 people say he's great. And if that doctor treats your neighbor's cold by throwing you into a concentration camp, he's a terrible person no matter what anyone says.

And Fallacy Regent never did find anything to say for himself.

And then, there is our involvement in Korea and Vietnam, 52 K losses and for what? History. Americans, are you paying attention? I have. Then, there is that silly incursion in Panama. OK, then we never lifted a finger after extremist Iranians took 52 American Embassy people "hostage". Forget that? Forget when the Hesbola killed 250 American Marines in Beirut in the 80's? I didn't. I have seen much much more. I leave it at that.

So very glad you brought up the Korean War.

The bulk of our international problems stem directly from the intentions, strategy, actions, of President Franklin Roosevelt. Had he not supported and inflated the USSR, there would not have been a Red China. Nor a Korean War.

1. Major George Racey Jordan was in charge of expediting materials to the USSR. He testified before Congress that materials and instructions to build that atomic bomb were sent to Stalin. Jordan had proof that the orders he received from the White House insisted that everything requested be sent....priority! Even ahead of material the US army needed.

2. And the result, a disaster for America.
On April 5, 1951, Judge Irving R. Kaufman sentenced the Rosenbergs to death for theft of atomic secrets, and, resulted in "the communist aggression in Korea, with the resultant casualties exceeding 50,000 and who knows but that millions more of innocent people may pay the price of your treason." Judge Kaufman's Sentencing Statement in the Rosenberg Case

a. It is clear today, based on archival evidence, unearthed by researchers in Russia and released in the United States, that Kaufman was correct. "Absent an atomic bomb, Stalin would not have released Pyongyang's army to conquer the entire Korean peninsula. Confident that his possession of atomic weapons neutralized America's strategic advantage, Stalin was emboldened to unleash war in Korea in 1950." Haynes, Klehr, and
Vassiliev, "Spies: The Rise and Fall of the KGB in America," p. 143, 545. And Romerstein and Breindel,"The Venona Secrets," p. xv, 253.

b. It is important to connect the treachery with the impact of that treachery: the theft of the nuclear technology with 36,940 Americans killed, 91,134 wounded, and 8,176 still missing, and this does not include at least two million civilian lives claimed on both sides.
Bruce Cumings, "The Korean War: A History.' Included were 1.3 million South Korean casualties, including 400,000 dead. North Korea, 2 million casualties, and 900,000 Chinese soldiers killed.

Uninformed folks like you, Mary, are the reason for so very many of the problems in the world today.

Pick up a book once in a while.
I can recommend a few......

When a doctor gives a medical opinion it may or may not be shown to be correct. It is in principal subject to falsification like any other scientific statement.

When an historian expresses an opinion regarding someone's 'greatness' it is just an opinion. What the opinion will be can be accurately predicted if the historian's political stance is known. If the historian is a leftist he will opine that FDR was the cat's knees or the bee's whiskers or whatever the saying is.

And if that doctor treats your cold by getting you addicted to crack, he's a terrible doctor even if 10,000 people say he's great. And if that doctor treats your neighbor's cold by throwing you into a concentration camp, he's a terrible person no matter what anyone says.

I gave up playing "Pretend History" some years ago. True, with Pretend History one can make everything come out the way they would like, I mean they can make FDR into a scum bag, or Hitler into the world's greatest anticommunist, or even D Day into a huge error. These boards are filled with Pretend History.

On a personal note, that must have hurt when you got caught not knowing a fallacy from a load of wood. The expert and all that, I guess the pain continues?

I gave up playing "Pretend History" some years ago. True, with Pretend History one can make everything come out the way they would like, I mean they can make FDR into a scum bag, or Hitler into the world's greatest anticommunist, or even D Day into a huge error. These boards are filled with Pretend History.

On a personal note, that must have hurt when you got caught not knowing a fallacy from a load of wood. The expert and all that, I guess the pain continues?

You don't really think that anyone believes that...do you?

reggie....what is clear is that if you had the ability to deny the facts that you claim are 'pretend history,'....you would.

They are facts, truth, and your post is just a variation of your 'I'll wait for historians to tell me what to think' posts.

Carry on.

The greater the divergence between image and reality, the more the rabid the effort to preserve that image. And dying while in office really cements the deal.

The greater the divergence between image and reality, the more the rabid the effort to preserve that image. And dying while in office really cements the deal.

Poor Harding didn't understand that simple rule.

The bulk of our international problems stem directly from the intentions, strategy, actions, of President Franklin Roosevelt. Had he not supported and inflated the USSR, there would not have been a Red China. Nor a Korean War.

1. Major George Racey Jordan was in charge of expediting materials to the USSR. He testified before Congress that materials and instructions to build that atomic bomb were sent to Stalin. Jordan had proof that the orders he received from the White House insisted that everything requested be sent....priority! Even ahead of material the US army needed.

On April 5, 1951, Judge Irving R. Kaufman sentenced the Rosenbergs to death for theft of atomic secrets, and, resulted in "the communist aggression in Korea, with the resultant casualties exceeding 50,000 and who knows but that millions more of innocent people may pay the price of your treason." Judge Kaufman's Sentencing Statement in the Rosenberg Case

a. It is clear today, based on archival evidence, unearthed by researchers in Russia and released in the United States, that Kaufman was correct. "Absent an atomic bomb, Stalin would not have released Pyongyang's army to conquer the entire Korean peninsula. Confident that his possession of atomic weapons neutralized America's strategic advantage, Stalin was emboldened to unleash war in Korea in 1950." Haynes, Klehr, and
Vassiliev, "Spies: The Rise and Fall of the KGB in America," p. 143, 545. And Romerstein and Breindel,"The Venona Secrets," p. xv, 253.

b. It is important to connect the treachery with the impact of that treachery: the theft of the nuclear technology with 36,940 Americans killed, 91,134 wounded, and 8,176 still missing, and this does not include at least two million civilian lives claimed on both sides.
Bruce Cumings, "The Korean War: A History.' Included were 1.3 million South Korean casualties, including 400,000 dead. North Korea, 2 million casualties, and 900,000 Chinese soldiers killed.

Uninformed folks like you, Mary, are the reason for so very many of the problems in the world today.

The Soviets were expansionist long before FDR was a going concern. The war with Poland between 1919-1921, annexation wars against Georgia and Azerbaijan, a Sino-Soviet conflict, border clashes with everyone and their brother. All of that was before 1933. There is no reason to believe that the Soviets would have just stayed home and done nothing had FDR not entered into the picture. According to Soviet ideology, it was just a matter of time before wars of liberation against the west would take place.

I gave up playing "Pretend History" some years ago. True, with Pretend History one can make everything come out the way they would like, I mean they can make FDR into a scum bag,

You never "played" any kind of History. You merely repeated a logical fallacy over and over and over.

And FDR made FDR into a fucking scumbag, just as you are making yourself into a fool.

On a note from the real world, if that had actually happened you might have something clever to say. In reality, you have not only ever offered anything but desperate clinging to a logical fallacy, but you have proven yourself incapable of learning anything about the subject.

The Soviets were expansionist long before FDR was a going concern. The war with Poland between 1919-1921, annexation wars against Georgia and Azerbaijan, a Sino-Soviet conflict, border clashes with everyone and their brother. All of that was before 1933. There is no reason to believe that the Soviets would have just stayed home and done nothing had FDR not entered into the picture. According to Soviet ideology, it was just a matter of time before wars of liberation against the west would take place.

You're not suggesting that FDR's giving them Lend-Lease and the atomic bomb didn't make a difference,....and specifically cause the events that I outlined.....are you?

No, I'm saying the Soviets didn't need FDR to think about annexing neighbors and subsidizing insurrections in far-flung lands. They were doing it before FDR. If anything, getting the bomb made expansion a more dangerous strategy for the Soviets because it could end up triggering an atomic conflict. Korea, Cuba, Vietnam, Afghanistan, could all have been triggers to WWIII instead of just being proxy wars. Stalin only allowed the Korean War because it was seen as a safe way of gauging US resolve.

Last edited:

On a note from the real world, if that had actually happened you might have something clever to say. In reality, you have not only ever offered anything but desperate clinging to a logical fallacy, but you have proven yourself incapable of learning anything about the subject.

And the evidence from the real world that using 238 noted historians and presidential experts as authorities on history is a fallacy? Evidence please.

Forum List

Back