Why did the Administration Just Announce the Huge Obamacare Premium Increases?

Historymaven

Jul 11, 2016
Are they encouraging chaos? This information is valuable to the Trump campaign but deeply disturbing for the Hillary campaign. If they are encouraging chaos, fear the worst of the conspiracy theories.

I don't know that it was the administration that announced them. The new rates are up in some states, so they're just public knowledge, and I'd guess the state exchanges are announcing them for public info.

If the administration is worried about the political fallout, that's their problem.

It may set the stage for "improvements" to Obamacare (i.e., government run single payer system).

Insurance companies raising rates in the exchanges.

The exchanges are set up to offer subsidies when the policies exceed a percentage (9 1/2%?) of their income. So with the same income level, an increased premium will likely not cost the buyer any more money because the subsidies would pick up that increase.

We won't know for sure until we can look on November 1st.

The democrats own this 100%, and I hope Trump pounds Hillary about this.

I don't know that it was the administration that announced them. The new rates are up in some states, so they're just public knowledge, and I'd guess the state exchanges are announcing them for public info.

If the administration is worried about the political fallout, that's their problem.
I got the information that the "Administration" announced the premium increases from either CNN or MSNBC, both of which I have been watching. I should have known better than to trust their coverage!

Forum List

Back