Why Did the DoJ Decide on Florida Over DC to Bring the Charges Against Trump?

We now go to Hillary Clinton for her reaction:

FyI4nS7X0AE0DSz.gif

One such controlling case in DC:
No, that’s not a controlling case. It was a decision at a district court level. That’s not precedent. One district court can’t set precedent for another district court judge. Precedent goes from a higher level to a lower level. An appellate court decision controls a district court. A Supreme Court decision controls them both.

The case is being brought in Florida because the crime occurred in Florida and that’s what the rules say you do.

You guys are idiots. Biden is guitier of a crime than Trump is. But go and keep your head up your ass, it's entertaining as hell.

With any luck at all both will end up in court defending themselves.

No, that’s not a controlling case. It was a decision at a district court level. That’s not precedent. One district court can’t set precedent for another district court judge. Precedent goes from a higher level to a lower level. An appellate court decision controls a district court. A Supreme Court decision controls them both.

Which is what I said in the OP.

District Court precedent in the same district sets precedent in that district, unless a Circuit Court overturns it.

A Motion to Dismiss should follow upon arraignment.

Based on the fact that the investigation was initiated when the Archive requested it. But the Archive has no statutory authority to seek DoJ involvement when a former President is involved. The statute authorizing the Archive involves agencies only. See: 44 U.S. Code § 2905.

That should suffice for dismissal.

I further note that Jack Smith never references the sole statutory construct (PRA) that applies to a former President and his dealing with the Archive. No wonder!

Nothing in the PRA authorizes DoJ intervention, it is solely a civil issue between a former President and the Archive.

Which is what I said in the OP.

District Court precedent in the same district sets precedent in that district, unless a Circuit Court overturns it.
No. That’s false.

District courts don’t set precedent at all. For anyone. Period.

You’re still a week sauce troll. And again, the fake alleged crime was “committed” in both DC and in Florida. Too bad you don’t grasp anything about law or jurisdiction, ya shitty homo sapien.

Nothing says "I've been smacked around and owned in this thread" like breaking out the fag-u-sations. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back