Why did the Syrian War start?

Prolly Global Elitists were behind the attempt to topple Assad and started the war. Most of the times when there is a civil turmoil in a relatively stable country, they are the ones stirring the shit up and finance the opposition. Their footprints are all over the world since the so called "Great October Revolution" in 1917.

How you've been my dear? Taking a break from the morons? It is like some fresh air, isn't it?

• Banned
Prolly Global Elitists were behind the attempt to topple Assad and started the war. Most of the times when there is a civil turmoil in a relatively stable country, they are the ones stirring the shit up and finance the opposition. Their footprints are all over the world since the so called "Great October Revolution" in 1917.

How you've been my dear? Taking a break from the morons? It is like some fresh air, isn't it?

I was thinking of the lovely parts. The ancient world, historical archeological sites etc. Too late now.

The Arab Spring down in Tunisia and Egypt was a total disaster.

I was thinking of the lovely parts. The ancient world, historical archeological sites etc. Too late now.

The Arab Spring down in Tunisia and Egypt was a total disaster.
I see. It is blood boiling to see vandals destroying historical artifacts in neighboring Iraq. I am not sure if similar destruction is going on in Syria also. Those thousands of years old treasures cannot be replaced. It is sad and a great loss for humanity. (The Library of Alexandria comes to my mind from a different era, different religious fervency....what a loss!!!)

1. Syria

A country smaller than the state of Victoria with almost the exact same population as Australia (22.5 million to our 23 million) which borders Turkey, Iraq, Jordan, Israel and Lebanon. Syria has both deserts and fertile areas and is steeped in history dating back to biblical times.

http://www.news.com.au/world/simple...e-syria-conflict/story-fndir2ev-1226705155146
I would bet the CIA, directed by Obama and Clinton, had something to do with it.

We know they were running guns from Libya, after they destroyed that nation and she laughed about Gaddafi's demise, to Turkey to supply Syrian rebels including ISIS.

• Banned
1. Syria

A country smaller than the state of Victoria with almost the exact same population as Australia (22.5 million to our 23 million) which borders Turkey, Iraq, Jordan, Israel and Lebanon. Syria has both deserts and fertile areas and is steeped in history dating back to biblical times.

10 simple points to help you understand the Syria conflict
I would bet the CIA, directed by Obama and Clinton, had something to do with it.

We know they were running guns from Libya, after they destroyed that nation and she laughed about Gaddafi's demise, to Turkey to supply Syrian rebels including ISIS.

Did Obama support The Muslim Brotherhood?

Or am I remembering that wrong?

1. Syria

He does and has invited them to the WH.

Obama secretly backing Muslim Brotherhood
President Obama and his administration continue to support the global Islamist militant group known the Muslim Brotherhood. A White House strategy document regards the group as a moderate alternative to more violent Islamist groups like al Qaeda and the Islamic State.
Inside the Ring: Muslim Brotherhood has Obama’s secret support

1. Syria

http://www.news.com.au/world/simple...e-syria-conflict/story-fndir2ev-1226705155146
Asad was a despot and a vicious dictator. They had a Soviet Union type of secret police. People were afraid. I had a colleague who worked there, an American. She described what a frightening place it was to live in and work in.

The war began as part if the so called 'Arab Spring,' as an act of revolution against the Asad dictatorship. Unfortunately, ISIS got involved and it turned really, really bad very fast. No one is winning there. The country is being destroyed, completely destroyed.

Syria: The story of the conflict - BBC News

1. Syria

President Obama and his administration continue to support the global Islamist militant group known the Muslim Brotherhood. A White House strategy document regards the group as a moderate alternative to more violent Islamist groups like al Qaeda and the Islamic State.
Syria is not Obama's fault or problem. He is not God, responsible for the goings on in the entire world.

1. Syria

Syria is not Obama's fault or problem. He is not God, responsible for the goings on in the entire world.
Your post is an example of an uninformed American.

Someone backed the rebels in Syria. They could not oppose Assad without arms from somewhere. We know arms were smuggled from Libya to Syria. Who do you think allowed that to occur? Ambassador Stevens was in Libya for the purpose of rounding up arms and getting them to Syria, when he was murdered.

1. Syria

Asad was a despot and a vicious dictator. They had a Soviet Union type of secret police. People were afraid. I had a colleague who worked there, an American. She described what a frightening place it was to live in and work in.

The war began as part if the so called 'Arab Spring,' as an act of revolution against the Asad dictatorship. Unfortunately, ISIS got involved and it turned really, really bad very fast. No one is winning there. The country is being destroyed, completely destroyed.

I was one of those who was cheering along at the thought of democracy coming to the Arab world, the demonstrations of free speech in Egypt. How naive I was. To think we could impose western democracy on those people.

As much as dictatorship is anathema to me; perhaps it is the only thing which ensures stability, to a certain degree, in that part of the world.

I've spoken to enough Christian Arabs, where I live, to be convinced, albeit reluctantly, that Democracy cannot work in the Muslim world.

1. Syria

I was one of those who was cheering along at the thought of democracy coming to the Arab world, the demonstrations of free speech in Egypt. How naive I was. To think we could impose western democracy on those people.

As much as dictatorship is anathema to me; perhaps it is the only thing which ensures stability, to a certain degree, in that part of the world.

I've spoken to enough Christian Arabs, where I live, to be convinced, albeit reluctantly, that Democracy cannot work in the Muslim world.
It works in Turkey.

1. Syria

Someone backed the rebels in Syria. They could not oppose Assad without arms from somewhere. We know arms were smuggled from Libya to Syria. Who do you think allowed that to occur? Ambassador Stevens was in Libya for the purpose of rounding up arms and getting them to Syria, when he was murdered.
Speculation is not fact.

1. Syria

It works in Turkey.

To a certain extent.

Not in the same way we take for granted.

Turkey Is Now a Democracy in Name Only

Speculation is not fact.
That is the problem with you lefties. You are generally uninformed so facts surprise you.

1. Syria

It works in Turkey.

To a certain extent.

Not all democracies around the world are the same, they vary extensively. We cannot expect any other democracy in the world to mirror ours.

Speculation is not fact.
That is the problem with you lefties. You are generally uninformed so facts surprise you.
What you state as fact is speculation, innuendo, rumor, and outright falsehoods. You will believe what suits your agenda and nothing else.

Last edited:
1. Syria

It works in Turkey.

To a certain extent.

Not all democracies around the world are the same, they vary extensively. We cannot expect any other democracy in the world to mirror ours.

I'm more interested in the Syrian issue.

It works in Turkey.

To a certain extent.

I'm more interested in the Syrian issue.
You brought up the point that we can't expect Muslim countries to be democratic. That simply is not true.

Forum List

Back