Why did the Syrian War start?

1. Syria

A country smaller than the state of Victoria with almost the exact same population as Australia (22.5 million to our 23 million) which borders Turkey, Iraq, Jordan, Israel and Lebanon. Syria has both deserts and fertile areas and is steeped in history dating back to biblical times.

10 simple points to help you understand the Syria conflict
Assad Jr. was treating his people badly.

Big Brother USA aka BHO stuck their CIA nose into it and tried to topple him.

This led to civil war and now there is a mess that Russia/Putin is trying to clean up.

Assad Jr. like Saddam is going to need to murder a lot of his own people to come out of this alive.

However the mess in Syria is nothing compared to the mess the CIA created in Ukraine.

I was one of those who was cheering along at the thought of democracy coming to the Arab world, the demonstrations of free speech in Egypt. How naive I was. To think we could impose western democracy on those people.

As much as dictatorship is anathema to me; perhaps it is the only thing which ensures stability, to a certain degree, in that part of the world.

I've spoken to enough Christian Arabs, where I live, to be convinced, albeit reluctantly, that Democracy cannot work in the Muslim world.
It works in Turkey.

To a certain extent.

Not in the same way we take for granted.

Turkey Is Now a Democracy in Name Only
Not all democracies around the world are the same, they vary extensively. We cannot expect any other democracy in the world to mirror ours.

I'm more interested in the Syrian issue.
You brought up the point that we can't expect Muslim countries to be democratic. That simply is not true.

I brought up the point that an Arab told me that.

Democratic as we know it. And imposed by us.

I was one of those who was cheering along at the thought of democracy coming to the Arab world, the demonstrations of free speech in Egypt. How naive I was. To think we could impose western democracy on those people.

As much as dictatorship is anathema to me; perhaps it is the only thing which ensures stability, to a certain degree, in that part of the world.

I've spoken to enough Christian Arabs, where I live, to be convinced, albeit reluctantly, that Democracy cannot work in the Muslim world.
Correct, simply because Muslims are uneducated fanatics.

Syria is not Obama's fault or problem. He is not God, responsible for the goings on in the entire world.
Actually BHO directed the CIA to fvck up Syria and try to topple Assad Jr.

It is the stupidest thing that BHO has ever done, even more stupid than giving Iran $400 million dollars.

We get regular news feeds here in the USA by PBS on how this happened, and now Hillary is going to inherit this mess.

Hopefully Hillary will stay out of it and let Putin finish it.

Last edited:

Some are highly educated.

Why else would their families send them to universities in the UK and USA?

Syria is not Obama's fault or problem. He is not God, responsible for the goings on in the entire world.
Actually BHO directed the CIA to fvck up Syria and try to topple Assad Jr.

It is the stupidest thing that BHO has ever done, even more stupid than giving Iran $400 million dollars.
This is not fact. You apparently don't know what a fact is. Just because someone says something happened does not mean it happened. You are repeating rumor and lies. You do not have any concrete evidence to back up your claim. Are you so stupid and so uneducated that you cannot understand the difference between a substantiated fact and someone just claiming something as fact?

Education is extremely important to middle class and upper class Muslims. Their children go to universities all over the world, the best universities. There is strong competition to get into the best universities.

Education is extremely important to middle class and upper class Muslims. Their children go to universities all over the world, the best universities. There is strong competition to get into the best universities.
The muslim masses are idiots. And even many of the muslim educated are fanatics too.

Can you give me your thoughts on why a war started in Syria?

The muslim masses are idiots. And even many of the muslim educated are fanatics too.

The husband in 'Not without my Daughter' brought home the cultural chameleon makeup of Muslims to me.

This is not fact. You apparently don't know what a fact is. Just because someone says something happened does not mean it happened. You are repeating rumor and lies. You do not have any concrete evidence to back up your claim. Are you so stupid and so uneducated that you cannot understand the difference between a substantiated fact and someone just claiming something as fact?
Fact: Muslims pray 5 times per day.

Fact: Muslim believe whatever mullah's tell them to.

Fact: Muslims are anti Israeli.

Fact: Muslims are anti American.

Conclusion: Muslims are stupid.

Conclusion: Muslims are fanatics.

Conclusion: Muslims are not fit for democracy.

Conclusion: Muslims need to be herded by dictators.

Ok now does that make more sense to you Esmeralda ??

Or do I need to spell out the facts more ??

This is so ironic. You are the idiot. You are displaying ignorance of facts, absence of knowledge, simple minded thinking, etc. The irony is that you are as ignorant and idiotic as you are claiming others are. You don't even know that the word Muslim is a proper noun and that in English, we capitalize proper nouns. Too funny. You're hilarious. One idiot calling others stupid.

The husband in 'Not without my Daughter' brought home the cultural chameleon makeup of Muslims to me.

One story does not make up all of reality. That is ONE story. I know a woman who married an Iranian. He is the total opposite of the man in that movie.

Fact: Muslims pray 5 times per day.

Fact: Muslim believe whatever mullah's tell them to.

Fact: Muslims are anti Israeli.

Fact: Muslims are anti American.

Conclusion: Muslims are stupid.

Conclusion: Muslims are fanatics.

Conclusion: Muslims are not fit for democracy.

Conclusion: Muslims need to be herded by dictators.

Ok now does that make more sense to you Esmeralda ??

Or do I need to spell out the facts more ??
These are not facts for the entire Muslim world. These are what very conservative, very fundamentalist Muslims MAY do. You are an idiot. You know nothing of the real world.

One story does not make up all of reality. That is ONE story. I know a woman who married an Iranian. He is the total opposite of the man in that movie.

I'm not getting into it. With all due respect.

I'm not getting into it. With all due respect.
Well, you are not getting anywhere. Either people lost focus or are deliberately deflecting.

Forum List

Back