🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why do blue-collar workers vote against their economic interests?

Preacher

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2015
Georgia Mountains
Why do blue-collar workers vote against their economic interests TheHill

Its hard to break away you get caught up in the BS about them taking our guns away and abortion rights stuff that WON'T HAPPEN because there are enough republicans and moderate dems to know that's political suicide. I watched for a few years the assholes in the republican party giving favors to the rich cutting taxes for the rich etc...finally said hell with it and became an independent and have stayed there for a long time now.

"This disposition to admire, and almost to worship , the rich and powerful, and to despise, or, at least neglect persons of poor and mean conditions...is...the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." Adam Smith

"Companies achieve great economies, but they do so in part by driving wages down, and over time they will drive wages below the subsistence level unless the government intervenes to prevent them." Adam Smith

I think the effort that made welfare and taxes the new Satan has created a mood of us against them that works mostly in favor of the haves. The have nots think they are being hurt by things that have little effect on their lives, but they still believe in the Cadillac lady and lazy welfare mothers. But the important piece today is a media of total BS. The other day Rand Paul said for the gazillionth time, raises minimum wage causes a loss of jobs. It may in a few cases, but the overall impact is positive. Consider the times after WWII as our golden age, a time when corporations worked for everyone and not simply the owners and investors. I was lucky enough to have seen those times. Wages then were shared, today profit goes to the top as the inequality stats show too clearly. So they vote that way because they believe. I have lots of pieces on this topic I link a few below. You cannot convince those who think the wealthy create jobs to think correctly about a complex issue. The corporate media likes those who believe and do not think.

"For decades conservatives have been demonizing government and not enough has been done to defend it. Ever since Ronald Reagan declared in 1981 that "Government is not a solution to our problem, government is the problem," Republicans have been waging a political war against this institution. They have been joined in this anti-government crusade by libertarian thinkers, Tea Party activists, right-wing media pundits, and wealthy corporate lobbies. This powerful political coalition blithely ignores anything good about government and conducts a relentless smear campaign against this institution. They constantly play upon the fears and insecurities of average Americans and encourage them to blame all their problems on big bad government." Government is Good - An Unapologetic Defense of a Vital Institution

POLL - Liberals how much is a fair share - Taxes US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

A World Without Work US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

The Greatest Job Creator Of All Time US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Conservatives how much money do you think billionaires are obligated to give... US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

"There is nobody in this country who got rich on his own. Nobody. You built a factory out there, good for you. But, I want to be clear: you moved your goods to market on the roads the rest of us paid for. You hired workers the rest of us paid to educate. You were safe in your factory because of police forces and fire forces that the rest of us paid for. You didn’t have to worry that marauding bands would come and seize everything at your factory and hire someone to protect against this because of the work the rest of us did. Now look, you built a factory and it turned into something terrific or a great idea. God bless. Keep a big hunk of it. But part of the underlying social contract is you take a hunk of that and pay forward for the next kid who comes along." Elizabeth Warren

"This disposition to admire, and almost to worship , the rich and powerful, and to despise, or, at least neglect persons of poor and mean conditions...is...the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." Adam Smith

"Companies achieve great economies, but they do so in part by driving wages down, and over time they will drive wages below the subsistence level unless the government intervenes to prevent them." Adam Smith

I think the effort that made welfare and taxes the new Satan has created a mood of us against them that works mostly in favor of the haves. The have nots think they are being hurt by things that have little effect on their lives, but they still believe in the Cadillac lady and lazy welfare mothers. But the important piece today is a media of total BS. The other day Rand Paul said for the gazillionth time, raises minimum wage causes a loss of jobs. It may in a few cases, but the overall impact is positive. Consider the times after WWII as our golden age, a time when corporations worked for everyone and not simply the owners and investors. I was lucky enough to have seen those times. Wages then were shared, today profit goes to the top as the inequality stats show too clearly. So they vote that way because they believe. I have lots of pieces on this topic I link a few below. You cannot convince those who think the wealthy create jobs to think correctly about a complex issue. The corporate media likes those who believe and do not think.

"For decades conservatives have been demonizing government and not enough has been done to defend it. Ever since Ronald Reagan declared in 1981 that "Government is not a solution to our problem, government is the problem," Republicans have been waging a political war against this institution. They have been joined in this anti-government crusade by libertarian thinkers, Tea Party activists, right-wing media pundits, and wealthy corporate lobbies. This powerful political coalition blithely ignores anything good about government and conducts a relentless smear campaign against this institution. They constantly play upon the fears and insecurities of average Americans and encourage them to blame all their problems on big bad government." Government is Good - An Unapologetic Defense of a Vital Institution

POLL - Liberals how much is a fair share - Taxes US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

A World Without Work US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

The Greatest Job Creator Of All Time US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Conservatives how much money do you think billionaires are obligated to give... US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

"There is nobody in this country who got rich on his own. Nobody. You built a factory out there, good for you. But, I want to be clear: you moved your goods to market on the roads the rest of us paid for. You hired workers the rest of us paid to educate. You were safe in your factory because of police forces and fire forces that the rest of us paid for. You didn’t have to worry that marauding bands would come and seize everything at your factory and hire someone to protect against this because of the work the rest of us did. Now look, you built a factory and it turned into something terrific or a great idea. God bless. Keep a big hunk of it. But part of the underlying social contract is you take a hunk of that and pay forward for the next kid who comes along." Elizabeth Warren

Well, well stated, midcan5.....But I very much doubt that any right winger on here has ever read Adam Smith....and if one of them did, if they understood what Smith was alluding to in Wealth of Nations.

Forum List

Back