Why do electric companies have monopolies & who owns the infrastructure?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
This summer we have lost power repeatedly without storms being the cause. Usually it's back up in an hour or so so while inconvenient it's not too big a deal. Last night out at about 4 am and has not come back yet. I left for work & came back, still out. Like a dumbass I mowed the yard figuring it would surely be back on afterwards. NOT
Take a shower & get out to a hot humid house. Call them back & play phone relay with the fucking automated system for 5 minutes trying to get a human. Finally get one and am told AGAIN that a breaker went bad and it will be back on shortly. 10 hours later my frozen foods are beginning to thaw & I have to leave the house just so I can stop sweating.

Fucking pissed. If I could switch companies I would. /rant

Ah, the joys of fascism.

Did you now with patents that Tesla had and the government suppressed, electricity could be transferred through the atmosphere. . . or so I have been led to believe. That would make for absolute free competition.

However, the folks that bought that patent and buried it, didn't want that. . . obviously. So now the entire planet lives with an aging, backward electrical grid that can only be serviced by a series of monopolies. How convenient for the patent holders.

I would be nice if electricity was freed up for competition the way ma Bell was broken up back in the eighties.

Forum List

Back