Why do European criminals prefer to use fully automatic weapons for crime?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
I put this in the general topic area because the story I found that led me to this question happened last year.

Britain has confiscated all of their guns....and has extreme gun control for the hunting shotguns left behind....

This means that only criminals have easy access to guns which they still use at rates that are at the level they were at before the gun confiscation...

So...why do they prefer fully automatic weapons to say...hand guns. Hand guns are easier to conceal, work just as well......and don't waste bullets........

https://themuslimissue.wordpress.com/2015/06/21/uk-muslims-behind-machine-gun-shooting-of-lone-schoolteacher-in-london/

A submachine gun used by three drug dealers to murder an innocent young mum had been used in crime in the West Midlands previously, the Mail can reveal.

Hassan Hussain, Yasin James and Martell Warren were found guilty of murdering Sabrina Moss and the attempted murder of her friend Sabrina Gachette, 25, following a trial at the Old Bailey.

Nursery school teacher Sabrina had been out celebrating her 24th birthday when she and her friend were gunned down by the gang using a Mac 10 submachine gun and a shotgun in the early hours of Saturday August 23 last year.

Why does the sun come up? Or are the stars just pinholes in the curtain of night?

Well...those are interesting questions but American criminals prefer handguns...and rarely use rifles of any kind...we are talking career thugs here....in Europe...it seems as if they use fully automatic rifles by choice....since they have hand guns makers right there in Europe...and military pistols are much easier to smuggle and carry...

Take this shooting...I can see why the British criminals used this smaller fully automatic rifle...it is small and concealable.....but as any gun person knows....fully automatic fire is dumb......

'Nightclub slap' led to 'Turkish Mafia' gang war linked to Wood Green shooting

Armed police swooped on the man as Izzet Eren and Erwin Amoyaw-Gyamfi were due to be sentenced for planning what was described in court as a "professional hit"

Perhaps it is because there is such a proliferation of auto firearms in that region of the world coupled with less thorough customs procedures.

Perhaps it is because there is such a proliferation of auto firearms in that region of the world coupled with less thorough customs procedures.

That is probably part of it....but pistols are easier to hide...and fully auto fire is so innaccurate...you would think that British criminals would realize that.

That is probably part of it....but pistols are easier to hide...and fully auto fire is so innaccurate...you would think that British criminals would realize that.
Autos have their appropriate application, but it is very limited in nature. I agree that a handgun is much more effective for this type of application. A skilled shooter can accomplish much, much better results with a semi pistol or rifle than you will ever get out of an auto in most situations.

The only plus to using an automatic weapon is the shock value. Let loose a burst and everyone is ducking for cover. Then you can proceed with less need to actually shoot anyone.

Forum List

Back