Why do people hate Liberals?

Really? You've got proof of this?

Really? Are you serious?

Most of you liberals if not all, will vilify and attack anyone who critizes Obama's policies, his decisions, or he himself. That is a fact.

For example, Obama NEVER took full resonsibilty for what happened in Benghazi, because he was more concerned about covering his own ass while having his people cover up the truth.

Obama knew that the embassy was located in an extremely unstable and dangerous area, but failed to provide the necessary security. Thus, the blood of those who were killed is on the hands on Obama.

However, you liberals will not acknowledge or accept anything negative said about Obama, which in turn will lead the liberals to "play the blame game" and blame everyone else. Because liberal logic would dictate that surely something like Benghazi, cannot be Obama's fault, and you liberals WILL NOT BELIEVE OR ACCEPT ANYTHING LESS.

Riiiight, I love when people tell me what a whole group of people think or believe. Who thinks Obama is perfection or close to it? I don't. I think he's made some mistakes. He's not a God and the only ones who call him a messiah are those on the right. If you can't criticize your elected officials, including the President, who can you criticize?

Having said that, I don't blame Benghazi on Obama entirely. It happened on his watch. Mistakes were made. But I am not as rabid about that as some on the right. Mainly those who think Obama should get no credit for Bin Laden's death, staged a woman fainting for some reason, and think he stood by and allowed these folks in Benghazi to die and wouldn't help them, you know those with ODS................:cuckoo:

Who thinks Obama is perfection or close to it?
Apparently the moronic liberal Obama supporting parents of the kid who prayed to Obama does. :cuckoo:

‘You are good, Barack Obama’: Video shows little boy praying to the president
By Jessica Chasmar

The Washington Times
Monday, August 12, 2013

A video posted to YouTube on Sunday quickly went viral, because it shows a little boy praying to, not for, the commander in chief.

Squeezing his eyes closed tight, the boy, Stephen, says, “Barack Obama, thank you for doing everything and all the kind stuff. Thank you for all the stuff that you helped us with.”

“Thank you for taking the courage and responsibility for everything you’ve done for us,” the boy continues, adding that God has given the president “a special power.”

“You are good, Barack Obama. You are great,” he concludes, throwing his arms in the arms and screaming, “Barack Obama!”

The video, titled “Prayer for President Barack Obama,” was posted by Regina Young, presumably the boy’s mother, with a description reading: “The prayer that he wanted to say for our President is priceless.”

The reaction to the boy’s prayer has been disproportionately negative.

“You should be ashamed of yourself for teaching your child that it is acceptable to pray to a man, and not God,” one commenter wrote. “Especially a man hell bent on destroying our nation. Stop breeding..immediately.”

“Disgusting. Pray for this poor child’s soul,” another said.

'You are good, Barack Obama': Video shows little boy praying to the president - Washington Times

Last edited:
I agree with these definitions, though they are, of course, general, and non-elastic. The explicit conservatives that I know do seem to have binary opinions, rather than varied. This does not constitute a static opinion of that demographic, only a trend that I have personally noticed.

Really? Are you serious?

Most of you liberals if not all, will vilify and attack anyone who critizes Obama's policies, his decisions, or he himself. That is a fact.

For example, Obama NEVER took full resonsibilty for what happened in Benghazi, because he was more concerned about covering his own ass while having his people cover up the truth.

Obama knew that the embassy was located in an extremely unstable and dangerous area, but failed to provide the necessary security. Thus, the blood of those who were killed is on the hands on Obama.

However, you liberals will not acknowledge or accept anything negative said about Obama, which in turn will lead the liberals to "play the blame game" and blame everyone else. Because liberal logic would dictate that surely something like Benghazi, cannot be Obama's fault, and you liberals WILL NOT BELIEVE OR ACCEPT ANYTHING LESS.

Riiiight, I love when people tell me what a whole group of people think or believe. Who thinks Obama is perfection or close to it? I don't. I think he's made some mistakes. He's not a God and the only ones who call him a messiah are those on the right. If you can't criticize your elected officials, including the President, who can you criticize?

Having said that, I don't blame Benghazi on Obama entirely. It happened on his watch. Mistakes were made. But I am not as rabid about that as some on the right. Mainly those who think Obama should get no credit for Bin Laden's death, staged a woman fainting for some reason, and think he stood by and allowed these folks in Benghazi to die and wouldn't help them, you know those with ODS................:cuckoo:

Apparently the moronic liberal Obama supporting parents of the kid who prayed to Obama does.

By Jessica Chasmar

The Washington Times
Monday, August 12, 2013

A video posted to YouTube on Sunday quickly went viral, because it shows a little boy praying to, not for, the commander in chief.

Squeezing his eyes closed tight, the boy, Stephen, says, “Barack Obama, thank you for doing everything and all the kind stuff. Thank you for all the stuff that you helped us with.”

“Thank you for taking the courage and responsibility for everything you’ve done for us,” the boy continues, adding that God has given the president “a special power.”

“You are good, Barack Obama. You are great,” he concludes, throwing his arms in the arms and screaming, “Barack Obama!”

The video, titled “Prayer for President Barack Obama,” was posted by Regina Young, presumably the boy’s mother, with a description reading: “The prayer that he wanted to say for our President is priceless.”

“You should be ashamed of yourself for teaching your child that it is acceptable to pray to a man, and not God,” one commenter wrote. “Especially a man hell bent on destroying our nation. Stop breeding..immediately.”

'You are good, Barack Obama': Video shows little boy praying to the president - Washington Times

So the existence of this little kid -- or his parents (which is plural and would get the plural verb do, not does, but I digress) mean that "all liberals" share their philosophy in toto? Even though we don't even know the parents' philosophies and all you have here is extrapolated assumptions based on their being the parents of a -- what, six, seven year old boy?

Here's a child trying to assimilate the sky-creature-as-God fantasy, gets his prepositions mixed up, and you want to hang your point on that?

Have you learned absolutely nothing from the last few posts?

Here's what's really going on, Joker.

You and your fellow misanthropes, like the kid reaching to grasp the sky-god concept, are so simpleminded you actually need to anthropomorphize your fears, along with anything you don't understand, into a scapegoat group that is responsible for all evil, all turmoil, everything that changes before you're ready for it. So since you don't understand what "liberals" are anyway, the word becomes convenient to use them as a dartboard for your own ignorance.

Government policy you don't like? Liberals. Social change you don't like? Liberals. Price of gas going up? Liberals. Hemorrhoids? Liberals. On and on, because that's far easier than addressing issues thoughtfully. No muss, no fuss, immediate solutions in tasty bite-size morsels. After all you're an American and expect instant gratification, not brain sweat.

It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Last edited:

Apparently the moronic liberal Obama supporting parents of the kid who prayed to Obama does.

By Jessica Chasmar

The Washington Times
Monday, August 12, 2013

So the existence of this little kid -- or his parents (which is plural and would get the plural verb do, not does, but I digress) mean that "all liberals" share their philosophy in toto? Even though we don't even know the parents' philosophies and all you have here is extrapolated assumptions based on their being the parents of a -- what, six, seven year old boy?

Here's a child trying to assimilate the sky-creature-as-God fantasy, gets his prepositions mixed up, and you want to hang your point on that?

You and your fellow misanthropes, like the kid reaching to grasp the sky-god concept, are so simpleminded you actually need to anthropomorphize your fears, along with anything you don't understand, into a scapegoat group that is responsible for all evil, all turmoil, everything that changes before you're ready for it. So since you don't understand what "liberals" are anyway, the word becomes convenient to use them as a dartboard for your own ignorance.

Government policy you don't like? Liberals. Social change you don't like? Liberals. Price of gas going up? Liberals. Hemorrhoids? Liberals. On and on, because that's far easier than addressing issues thoughtfully. No muss, no fuss, immediate solutions in tasty bite-size morsels. After all you're an American and expect instant gratification, not brain sweat.

So the existence of this little kid -- or his parents mean that "all liberals" share their philosophy
That is a moronic statement, but if you are implying that because that kid was praying to Obama, than that must mean that "all liberals" share that families philosophy, and I seriously doubt that. The existence of the kid is irrelevant.

You and your fellow misanthropes, like the kid reaching to grasp the sky-god concept, are so simpleminded you actually need to anthropomorphize your fears, along with anything you don't understand, into a scapegoat group that is responsible for all evil, all turmoil, everything that changes before you're ready for it.
This whole statement is equal to a big steaming pile of shit.

Here's what's really going on, dumbass.

You are implying that I'm "reaching to grasp the sky-god concept", in other words that I'm a believer in god, and you are WRONG. I'm not religious nor am I a believer in god. TRY AGAIN.

So since you don't understand what "liberals" are anyway
I understand enough, and I don't like them nor trust them!

By Jessica Chasmar

The Washington Times
Monday, August 12, 2013

That is a moronic statement, but if you are implying that because that kid was praying to Obama, than that must mean that "all liberals" share that families philosophy, and I seriously doubt that. The existence of the kid is irrelevant.

Exactly. So why did you bring him up? You went to an awful lot of trouble to copy profusely from the Moonie Times to make a point that has no point. Wtf?

You and your fellow misanthropes, like the kid reaching to grasp the sky-god concept, are so simpleminded you actually need to anthropomorphize your fears, along with anything you don't understand, into a scapegoat group that is responsible for all evil, all turmoil, everything that changes before you're ready for it.
This whole statement is equal to a big steaming pile of shit.

Here's what's really going on, dumbass.

You are implying that I'm "reaching to grasp the sky-god concept", in other words that I'm a believer in god, and you are WRONG. I'm not religious nor am I a believer in god. TRY AGAIN.

::::whhhoooooosssshhhh:::: missed the entire point there, Evelyn Wood. Not even remotely close.
Maybe you should try again. Slowly this time.

Last edited:
liberalism.jpg

Why Do People Hate Liberals?

By Bob Cesca · July 25,2012

By Bob Cesca: It’s only slightly less frustrating to watch Fox News Channel and to listen to right-wing talk radio as it often is to observe progressives choke on their own well-meaning, but ultimately self-defeating tongues.

Seriously, the act of observing fellow liberals every day on the blogs, on The Facebook and elsewhere too often makes me want to smash my computer using a team of monkeys brandishing explosive wiffle bats. Specifically, the act of watching progressives who don’t understand the realities of American government and politics, watching progressives desperately seeking “reasonable” conservatives in some sort of futile attempt at détente, and watching hipster cool-kid progressives undermining support for the most liberal president of our time might actually make me lose my shpadoinkle, even though I generally feel pretty centered.

To be honest, I didn’t intend to get into yet another column-length rant about this topic… until I read a piece on Salon by Alex Pareene who thinks, “Aaron Sorkin is why people hate liberals.”

He’s a smug, condescending know-it-all who isn’t as smart as he thinks he is. His feints toward open-mindedness are transparently phony, he mistakes his opinion for common sense, and he’s preachy. Sorkin has spent years fueling the delusional self-regard of well-educated liberals. He might be more responsible than anyone else for the anti-democratic “everyone would agree with us if they weren’t all so stupid” attitude of the contemporary progressive movement. And age is not improving him.

Why Do People Hate Liberals? | The Daily Banter

liberalism.jpg

By Bob Cesca: It’s only slightly less frustrating to watch Fox News Channel and to listen to right-wing talk radio as it often is to observe progressives choke on their own well-meaning, but ultimately self-defeating tongues.

Seriously, the act of observing fellow liberals every day on the blogs, on The Facebook and elsewhere too often makes me want to smash my computer using a team of monkeys brandishing explosive wiffle bats. Specifically, the act of watching progressives who don’t understand the realities of American government and politics, watching progressives desperately seeking “reasonable” conservatives in some sort of futile attempt at détente, and watching hipster cool-kid progressives undermining support for the most liberal president of our time might actually make me lose my shpadoinkle, even though I generally feel pretty centered.

To be honest, I didn’t intend to get into yet another column-length rant about this topic… until I read a piece on Salon by Alex Pareene who thinks, “Aaron Sorkin is why people hate liberals.”

He’s a smug, condescending know-it-all who isn’t as smart as he thinks he is. His feints toward open-mindedness are transparently phony, he mistakes his opinion for common sense, and he’s preachy. Sorkin has spent years fueling the delusional self-regard of well-educated liberals. He might be more responsible than anyone else for the anti-democratic “everyone would agree with us if they weren’t all so stupid” attitude of the contemporary progressive movement. And age is not improving him.

The polls show this is a liberal country.

ODS kooks, do you even understand that normal, healthy humans don't spend their days obsessing about creating ever more strange reasons to hate people?

Y'all just aren't right in the head.

ODS kooks, do you even understand that normal, healthy humans don't spend their days obsessing about creating ever more strange reasons to hate people?

Y'all just aren't right in the head.

Don't need to create reasons to hate libs, they are doing a great job of that on their own. Pretty much the only thing they are good at.

liberalism.jpg

The polls show this is a liberal country.

Loincloth, So that's why were so fucked up...

5 Liberal Policies That Backfire and Ruin Lives

John Hawkins | Aug 06, 2013

The biggest problem with modern liberalism is that it has devolved into little more than childlike emotionalism applied to adult issues. A liberal picks which policies to support based on whether they make him feel "nice" or "mean" and then he declares a policy to be a moral imperative based on his emotional reaction to it. There's no consideration put into whether the cost of a program is worth the benefits provided or whether the policy ultimately benefits more people than it harms; there's just a wild lurch based on feelings. Unfortunately for liberals, governing in that fashion is not sustainable over the long haul and leads to the sort of disasters we've recently seen in Greece and Detroit.

Unfortunately for the rest of us, the wheels of history turn slowly and at times, ambiguously, which means bad ideas can take a long time to prove their unworthiness -- so long in fact, that there's often someone trying the same failed idea under a new name by the time the old idea has been discredited. 1) Price controls: Limiting the prices of certain goods like gas, electricity or food seems a kind -hearted thing to do. However, lamentably, it destroys the way the market functions. If the price of a product or service is kept artificially low, it will cause the populace to use more of it than it normally would. When this happens under ordinary circumstances, suppliers spend more money to keep the product coming (They buy surplus stock, set up 2nd and 3rd shifts at their plants, etc., etc.), they raise the price to cover their higher expenses and they wet their beak a bit by taking a little extra profit. On the other hand, if they can't cover the extra expenses because of price controls, they'll still try to sell what they have available, but there is no longer an incentive to use extra resources to meet demand for the product. So, when you see price controls put in effect, prepare yourself, because as sure as night follows day, a shortage is going to eventually occur.

2) Affirmative Action:
In an effort to help black Americans, liberals advocate Affirmative Action. Sadly, this has turned into a particularly detrimental policy for black Americans. First off, every black American now has a question mark over his achievements. Did he deserve them or were they given because of Affirmative Action? This is one of the biggest drivers in the grossly unfair, soft bigotry to low expectations that are all often applied to black Americans in the media. Worse yet, depending on the numbers you believe, somewhere between 60-70% of black Americans drop out of college. Affirmative Action has a lot to do with that because it "helps" black Americans get into a more rigorous college than they may be ready to handle at a young age. As Walter Williams has said,

"...(B)lack students who are being turned into failures at MIT, if they’d gone to engineering school at the University of Pennsylvania or Cornell, they’d be on the Dean’s list."That's an awful lot of human potential being wasted in the name of Affirmative Action.

3) Rent Control:
Everybody needs a place to call home; so keeping rents low seems like a benevolent idea. Also, who wouldn't want a great place to live on the cheap? However, in practice, cities with rent control are the most expensive places in America to rent. That's because housing is a for profit industry. Existing apartments that can't make a profit will close and new builders certainly aren't going to build more space if they can't make a profit on it. If you have a housing glut, it's cheap to find a place to live. If you create an artificial housing shortage via rent control, it creates more homelessness and makes an area less affordable to live in for average families.

4) The DDT Ban:
DDT is a safe, incredibly effective pesticide that was used extensively here in the United States with few negative effects. Sadly, Rachel Carson's junk science book Silent Spring made a lot of wild, unsupported claims about DDT hurting birds that forever stuck in the minds of liberals. The substance was banned worldwide and even after the ban was lifted, liberal foundations, governments, and USAID have applied tremendous pressure to keep poor countries from using it. This is regrettable because DDT was and still is the cheapest and most effective way to kill mosquitoes that spread malaria. It's very difficult to estimate the numbers of people in poor nations that have died because of liberal hatred of DDT, but most estimates seem to at least put it in the tens of millions with another million or so dying each year. There are a lot of dictators whose names we curse that haven't killed as many human beings as liberals have by making sure poor people in South America and Africa can't use DDT to free themselves of the scourge of malaria.

5) The Minimum Wage/Living Wage: What could be wrong with making sure that everyone makes at least a certain minimal amount for any work he does? After all, shouldn't everyone make enough to support a family off his wages? That's a nice idea, but the problem with it is that businesses aren't charities and when you force them to pay employees more per hour than they're worth, the company is probably going to react either by cutting their work force, replacing them with machinery, technology or outsourcing, or by hiring a smaller number of higher quality workers that are worth the money. In other words, minimum wages and living wages create unemployment. A great example of how this works recently happened in D.C. A law was passed targeting Wal-Mart which would have forced the retailer to pay its workers 50% more than the minimum wage. Wal-Mart's response was to cancel the opening of six stores in the area. The liberal argument is that the thousands of people who would have voluntarily chosen to work for Wal-Mart will be better off unemployed. The conservative argument is that they should be allowed to make their own choice about whether the pay, health care, skills, and potential for advancement in the job are worth it.

5 Liberal Policies That Backfire and Ruin Lives - John Hawkins - Page full

Well if it ain't the Joker, back from his reading comprehension course already.

Affirmative Action is not a Liberal idea. It's a leftist idea.
Liberal is when you believe all men are created equal. Leftist is when you use the government to force it that way.

Start with that. Let me know when you catch up.

Last edited:
Here ya go Pogo, another article for you to bitch about!
After all that is what you libtards do is whine, whine, whine, like little bitches. :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

20 Questions Liberals Can't Answer

John Hawkins | Apr 20, 2013

"It is not enough for the insecure left to deem a position wrong; if it’s merely wrong, it needs to be argued about, and it can’t survive that. It must instead be morally abhorrent, so that the zealot reacts to the toxin of questioning much like a jogger coming across a decomposing body on the side of the road — it must be internalized that the correct response to such a horror is to retch, and faint, and call the authorities post-haste.

This is how the leftist faith protects itself from the infection of doubt. (Meanwhile, of course, patting itself on the back for being so open-minded…)" -- Ace of Spades HQ

"If it were true that conservatives were racist, sexist, homophobic, fascist, stupid, inflexible, angry, and self-righteous, shouldn’t their arguments be easy to deconstruct? Someone who is making a point out of anger, ideology, inflexibility, or resentment would presumably construct a flimsy argument. So why can’t the argument itself be dismembered rather than the speaker’s personal style or hidden motives? Why the evasions?" -- Ann Coulter

Liberalism doesn't convince with logic. It can't, because the policies liberals advocate don't work. So instead, liberals have to use emotion-based ploys and attack the motives of people they disagree with while attempting to keep conservative arguments from being heard at all. Why? Because they have no good answers to questions like these.

1) A few days ago, we were hearing that the Boston Marathon bombers COULD BE conservative, which proved that the Right is evil. Now, when we know that the terrorists are Muslims, how can the same liberals be saying that it means nothing?

2) If you believe we have a "right" to things like health care, food, shelter and a good education, then doesn't that also mean you believe we also have a right to force other people to unwillingly provide those things at gunpoint?

3) How can you simultaneously want a big government that will make decisions that have an enormous impact on the lives of every American while also saying that the character and morals of our politicians don't matter?

4) What exactly is the "fair share" of someone's income that he’s earned that he should be able to keep?

5) Why is it that time and time again, revenue paid to the treasury has GONE UP after we've cut taxes?

6) Are you pro-choice or pro-abortion? If it's pro-choice, do you feel people should be able to choose to have an assault weapon, what kind of light bulb they use in their house or whether they'd like to put their Social Security funds into a private retirement account?

7) If corporations are so awful, greedy and bad for the country, then shouldn't we be celebrating when they decide to close their plants here and move overseas?

8) How can liberal economists like Paul Krugman be right when they claim that our economy isn't doing well because we aren't spending enough money when we're already running massive, unsustainable deficits and spending is going up every year?

9) If Republicans don’t care about the poor, why do studies consistently show that they give more to charity than Democrats do?

10) Give us a ballpark estimate: If something doesn't change dramatically, how long do you think it will be until we have an economic crash in this country similar to the one we're seeing in Greece or Cyprus?

11) Since we "all agree" with the idea that our level of deficit spending is "unsustainable," what would be wrong with permanently freezing federal spending at the current level until we balance the budget by increasing revenue, cutting spending or some combination thereof?

12) If we change God's definition of marriage to make gay marriage legal, then what's the logical argument against polygamy or even adult siblings supposed to be?

13) In a world where people can easily change states and can, with a bit more difficulty, permanently move to other roughly comparable parts of the globe, do you really think it's feasible over the long haul to have a tax system where 86% of the income taxes are paid by the top 25% of the income earners?

14) If you win a lawsuit that's filed against you, why should you have to pay huge legal bills when you did nothing wrong while the person who filed the suit pays no penalty for wrongly accusing you?

15) How can you oppose putting murderers to death and be fine with killing innocent children via abortion?

16) A minimum wage raises salaries for some workers at the cost of putting other workers out of jobs entirely. What's the acceptable ratio for that? For every 10 people who get a higher salary, how many are you willing to see lose their jobs?

17) The earth has been warming and cooling for thousands of years with temperature drops and increases that are much larger than the ones we've seen over the last century. Since we can't adequately explain or model those changes, what makes us think we can say with any sort of confidence that global warming is being caused by man?

18) We live in a world where people have more choices than ever before in music, entertainment, careers, news sources and what to do with their time. Shouldn't government mirror that trend by moving towards federalism and states’ rights instead of centralizing more and more power in Washington, DC?

19) If people in the middle class aren't willing to pay enough in taxes to cover the government services that they use because they don't think it's worth the money, shouldn't we prune back government to a level people do feel comfortable paying for in taxes?

20) If firms can get by with paying women 72 cents on the dollar for the same quality of work as men, then why don't we see any firms with all female labor forces using those lower costs to dominate the marketplace?

20 Questions Liberals Can't Answer - John Hawkins - Page full

Last edited:
Here ya go Pogo, another article for you to bitch about!
After all that is what you libtards do is whine, whine, whine, like little bitches. :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

20 Questions Liberals Can't Answer

John Hawkins | Apr 20, 2013

"It is not enough for the insecure left to deem a position wrong; if it’s merely wrong, it needs to be argued about, and it can’t survive that. It must instead be morally abhorrent, so that the zealot reacts to the toxin of questioning much like a jogger coming across a decomposing body on the side of the road — it must be internalized that the correct response to such a horror is to retch, and faint, and call the authorities post-haste.

This is how the leftist faith protects itself from the infection of doubt. (Meanwhile, of course, patting itself on the back for being so open-minded…)" -- Ace of Spades HQ

"If it were true that conservatives were racist, sexist, homophobic, fascist, stupid, inflexible, angry, and self-righteous, shouldn’t their arguments be easy to deconstruct? Someone who is making a point out of anger, ideology, inflexibility, or resentment would presumably construct a flimsy argument. So why can’t the argument itself be dismembered rather than the speaker’s personal style or hidden motives? Why the evasions?" -- Ann Coulter

Liberalism doesn't convince with logic. It can't, because the policies liberals advocate don't work. So instead, liberals have to use emotion-based ploys and attack the motives of people they disagree with while attempting to keep conservative arguments from being heard at all. Why? Because they have no good answers to questions like these.

1) A few days ago, we were hearing that the Boston Marathon bombers COULD BE conservative, which proved that the Right is evil. Now, when we know that the terrorists are Muslims, how can the same liberals be saying that it means nothing?

2) If you believe we have a "right" to things like health care, food, shelter and a good education, then doesn't that also mean you believe we also have a right to force other people to unwillingly provide those things at gunpoint?

3) How can you simultaneously want a big government that will make decisions that have an enormous impact on the lives of every American while also saying that the character and morals of our politicians don't matter?

4) What exactly is the "fair share" of someone's income that he’s earned that he should be able to keep?

5) Why is it that time and time again, revenue paid to the treasury has GONE UP after we've cut taxes?

6) Are you pro-choice or pro-abortion? If it's pro-choice, do you feel people should be able to choose to have an assault weapon, what kind of light bulb they use in their house or whether they'd like to put their Social Security funds into a private retirement account?

7) If corporations are so awful, greedy and bad for the country, then shouldn't we be celebrating when they decide to close their plants here and move overseas?

8) How can liberal economists like Paul Krugman be right when they claim that our economy isn't doing well because we aren't spending enough money when we're already running massive, unsustainable deficits and spending is going up every year?

9) If Republicans don’t care about the poor, why do studies consistently show that they give more to charity than Democrats do?

10) Give us a ballpark estimate: If something doesn't change dramatically, how long do you think it will be until we have an economic crash in this country similar to the one we're seeing in Greece or Cyprus?

11) Since we "all agree" with the idea that our level of deficit spending is "unsustainable," what would be wrong with permanently freezing federal spending at the current level until we balance the budget by increasing revenue, cutting spending or some combination thereof?

12) If we change God's definition of marriage to make gay marriage legal, then what's the logical argument against polygamy or even adult siblings supposed to be?

13) In a world where people can easily change states and can, with a bit more difficulty, permanently move to other roughly comparable parts of the globe, do you really think it's feasible over the long haul to have a tax system where 86% of the income taxes are paid by the top 25% of the income earners?

14) If you win a lawsuit that's filed against you, why should you have to pay huge legal bills when you did nothing wrong while the person who filed the suit pays no penalty for wrongly accusing you?

15) How can you oppose putting murderers to death and be fine with killing innocent children via abortion?

16) A minimum wage raises salaries for some workers at the cost of putting other workers out of jobs entirely. What's the acceptable ratio for that? For every 10 people who get a higher salary, how many are you willing to see lose their jobs?

17) The earth has been warming and cooling for thousands of years with temperature drops and increases that are much larger than the ones we've seen over the last century. Since we can't adequately explain or model those changes, what makes us think we can say with any sort of confidence that global warming is being caused by man?

18) We live in a world where people have more choices than ever before in music, entertainment, careers, news sources and what to do with their time. Shouldn't government mirror that trend by moving towards federalism and states’ rights instead of centralizing more and more power in Washington, DC?

19) If people in the middle class aren't willing to pay enough in taxes to cover the government services that they use because they don't think it's worth the money, shouldn't we prune back government to a level people do feel comfortable paying for in taxes?

20) If firms can get by with paying women 72 cents on the dollar for the same quality of work as men, then why don't we see any firms with all female labor forces using those lower costs to dominate the marketplace?

20 Questions Liberals Can't Answer - John Hawkins - Page full

I'm surprised at myself ---- I actually read this whole laundry list. Even though you're still two behind on your homework.

So John Hawkins --who is apparently an armchair blogger without educational background*-- compiles a list of twenty "points" (in quotes because some of them are just vague specious ideas). Out of these 20, exactly one, count 'em, 1 -- has anything to do with Liberalism. If you can tell me which one it is we'll move on.

*To quote from your own post: "Someone who is making a point out of anger, ideology, inflexibility, or resentment would presumably construct a flimsy argument." And indeed he did, a whole list of them.

Last edited:
Whats to hate here?

lib·er·al
ˈlib(ə)rəl/Submit
adjective
1. open to new behavior or opinions and willing to discard traditional values.
"they have more liberal views toward marriage and divorce than some people"
"liberal citizenship laws"

synonyms: tolerant, unprejudiced, unbigoted, broad-minded, open-minded, enlightened; More
antonyms: narrow-minded, bigoted

(in a political context) favoring maximum individual liberty in political and social reform.
"a liberal democratic state"

synonyms: progressive, advanced, modern, forward-looking, forward-thinking, progressivist, enlightened, reformist, radical More

antonyms: reactionary, conservative

of or characteristic of Liberals or a Liberal Party.
adjective: Liberal
(in the UK) of or relating to the Liberal Democrat Party.
adjective: Liberal
"the Liberal leader"

THEOLOGY
regarding many traditional beliefs as dispensable, invalidated by modern thought, or liable to change.

2.(of education) concerned mainly with broadening a person's general knowledge and experience, rather than with technical or professional training.

synonyms: wide-ranging, broad-based, general More

3.(esp. of an interpretation of a law) broadly construed or understood; not strictly literal or exact.
"they could have given the 1968 Act a more liberal interpretation"

synonyms: flexible, broad, loose, rough, free, general, nonliteral, nonspecific, imprecise, vague, indefinite More
antonyms: strict, to the letter

4.given, used, or occurring in generous amounts.
"liberal amounts of wine had been consumed"

synonyms: abundant, copious, ample, plentiful, generous, lavish, luxuriant, profuse, considerable, prolific, rich; More
antonyms: scant

(of a person) giving generously.
"Sam was too liberal with the wine"

synonyms: generous, openhanded, unsparing, unstinting, ungrudging, lavish, free, munificent, bountiful, beneficent, benevolent, big-hearted, philanthropic, charitable, altruistic, unselfish; More
antonyms: careful, miserly

noun
noun: liberal; plural noun: liberals
1.a person of liberal views.

https://www.google.com/#q=What+is+a+liberal

Last edited:

Forum List

Back