🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

why do so called Christian businesses openly violate Gods law?

OohPooPahDoo

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
God says keep the Sabbath Holy. Yet so many so called Christians open their businesses on Sunday. Are they hypocrites?

MOVED to Religion and Ethics.

God says keep the Sabbath Holy. Yet so many so called Christians open their businesses on Sunday. Are they hypocrites?

Sunday isn't the Sabbath. Sabbath is a Jewish concept which begins on Friday at sundown and continues until Saturday sundown. I think people think it's Sunday since that's when they go to church. Since you're also not supposed to leave your home during the Sabbath, that Christians go on Sunday is probably just a "first day they can leave and be religious again" moreso than they ever thought it was the Sabbath.

When the Christian Jews split off they wanted to do as much as possible to not be like the Jewish religion...Thus Saturday and Sunday for Sabbat...

A couple of thoughts: Are businesses unholy the rest of the week? If not, what makes doing business on Sunday unholy? Second, if a business opened on Sunday and no one ever showed to do business, would that business continue to remain open on Sunday?

Sunday isn't the Sabbath. Sabbath is a Jewish concept which begins on Friday at sundown and continues until Saturday sundown. I think people think it's Sunday since that's when they go to church. Since you're also not supposed to leave your home during the Sabbath, that Christians go on Sunday is probably just a "first day they can leave and be religious again" moreso than they ever thought it was the Sabbath.
The specific day shouldn't matter...the Commandment simply says the 7th day. It seems unlikely that a pre-literate nomadic people never once lost track of days.

The specific day shouldn't matter...the Commandment simply says the 7th day. It seems unlikely that a pre-literate nomadic people never once lost track of days.

Matters when violations mean death by stoning.

Matters when violations mean death by stoning.
Touche

The list of ways cafeteria christians violate their god's law is long.

RepublicanJesus_zps8780b888.jpg

I have great respect for REAL Christians but how many of those here who call themselves "christians" can say they agree with even one of these points?

10401930_10152228904091275_6935764536842631515_n_zps0e522403.jpg

Christians don't live under the law of Moses anyway. It's a NT thing.
Then why use Adam and Eve for a basis of relativism from Judaism?

Some of us know the Sumerian story of Adam and Eve, also Adam and Eve has two stories, and Adams first wife was Lilith and she wanted to be equal with Adam, so they had to make Eve. I believe the garden story is incorporated from when they were in Babylon with the Persians.

Christians don't live under the law of Moses anyway. It's a NT thing.
Their mistake. Great article here about this very thing.

Are we still under the law Sabbath Truth
No, sorry. A 3 second search on the internet won't wipe out my 20 years of study. Not to mention the billions of Christians that don't agree with the wackjob website. There would be no purpose for Jesus if the Law still applied.

You didn't even know the Sabbath was on Saturday, so please....

Jews leave their homes on the Sabbath. They go to synagogue. They just have to walk. They can't ride in a car.

ChickFilA closes all their stores on Sunday. It's been a point of protest for years since employees lose a day's pay. They still close.

Why do you think you're God? He's the one they need to square their practice of religion with, not you. So unless you're the Almighty Creator of the Universe, you don't get to tell them how to practice, nor do you deserve a justification of anything.

Stuff your hubris where the sun don't shine.

Forum List

Back