Why do the media try and make you believe that hit and run accidents are only because of the driver?

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
Completely ignoring that the pedestrian plays a role in getting hit especially if they are grown. They can be talking on the phone, drunk, or texting but according to the media the pedestrian is always in the wrong. And when the driver stays on the scene the media says

"the accident is currently under investigation? LOL They are so full of shit

Completely ignoring that the pedestrian plays a role in getting hit especially if they are grown.
Pedestrians can sometimes share the blame for getting hit

But the “and run” part is all on the driver

I would be too embarrassed to have someone find out I was hit by a car since Im grown and supposed to look both ways. And whoever runs was probably not at fault and was just scared

Completely ignoring that the pedestrian plays a role in getting hit especially if they are grown.

I would be too embarrassed to have someone find out I was hit by a car since Im grown and supposed to look both ways. And whoever runs was probably not at fault and was just scared
You dont drive much do ya

someone just got hit in my neighborhood and I know why. Pedestrians are hard to see at night

someone just got hit in my neighborhood and I know why. Pedestrians are hard to see at night
especially if the driver isnt looking

Actually, I've seen incidents where the pedestrian flees the scene, even with injuries.

But, the OP sounds like a personal story.

Actually, I've seen incidents where the pedestrian flees the scene, even with injuries.
That was you?

Sorry about your windshield, but I was in a hurry. I had to go.

If it's any consolation, the next day it hurt.

Sorry.

Completely ignoring that the pedestrian plays a role in getting hit especially if they are grown. They can be talking on the phone, drunk, or texting but according to the media the pedestrian is always in the wrong. And when the driver stays on the scene the media says

Well grasshopper. First rule of thumb, know that the mainstream media lies about everything.

Pedestrians always always always have the right of way but a driver who strikes a pedestrian can avoid any criminal charges if he can show that the pedestrian caused incident by running out from a blind alley or some such thing and that he was not speeding or driving recklessly. BUT when the driver leaves the scene of any accident he is breaking the law

The main reason to "run" here in Oregon is if the driver is drunk ... especially if the driver already has been convicted of DWI once before ... second conviction is a felony ... no more guns ...

How bad did you hit the guy?

At least here in New England the pedestrian ALEAYS has the Right of Way... even if they are outside of a posted crosswalk or crossing contrary to the traffic lights... It creates a horror show in certain areas at specific times, but you learn where and when to pay that extra bit of attention.

Leaving the scene of any accident with injury (vehicular or pedestrians) is going to get you in a world of trouble; regardless of the circumstances of the accident. That’s just common sense.

Forum List

Back