Zone1 Why do you believe what you do?

If you want want to walk away and deny it... that's you're problem.
The point is that you can walk away from religion or choose another religion different than your parents' religion without having to fear for your safety.

If you don't want to what the fuck are you whining about?

Christians killed and destroyed and raped and pillaged all the lands. And raped the women, and made the children believe or die.

It means that you were born that way. You never had a choice.
True. I never had a choice about going to school. I had to learn math, English, certain histories, certain sciences. I even had to live in a house instead of a tepee or a cave. Had to stay awake during the day and sleep at night. What was with that? For some reason I had to eat a lot of vegetables and every few sweets. I was taught baths and brushing teeth were a necessity. And what was with that rule about playing nicely with my brothers and sisters and the neighbors, not to mention all their pets?

So what if you were borne into a different religion? Would you still think what you think? What if you were born a Jew? Would you be a jew? Or would you still be whatever you are?
If, for example, I were born in Asia instead of Ireland, would I prefer rice to potatoes? What is objectionable about rice? What is objectionable about potatoes? What is objectionable about Judaism? What is objectionable about Christianity? About Hinduism? Buddhism? Islam? Taoism?

Is it a problem if someone eats more Bok Choy than broccoli? Should we worry some children are more exposed to broccoli than bok choy? Beets as opposed to tomatoes? Astronomy over marine biology?

It means that you were born that way. You never had a choice.

So what if you were borne into a different religion? Would you still think what you think? What if you were born a Jew? Would you be a jew? Or would you still be whatever you are?

Is religion based on how you are born, or is it something more?

So my way of thinking is that you are born stupid...
No YOU were born stupid because you still exhibit that trait. I, like everyone else was born ignorant of the ways of the world.

Ignorance can be cured, as is demonstrated everyday as people actively engage in the pursuit of knowledge. Your kind of stupidity apparently is forever.

Forum List

Back