Zone1 Why do you believe what you do?

Pertaining to the fact that there is nothing that supports your religion.
Question: How many math problems do you practice each day? What about spelling and grammar? A musical instrument perhaps? Drawing or painting? Do you spend time with old friends and distant family?

Actually, I do practice solving math problems from time-to-time. I also spend lots of time keeping in touch with some family members who live miles away. I also spend time living my faith, religion, theology (whatever term you wish to use) and working on my relationship with God and practicing His Ways.

What do you work on that no one else supports? What I get from all of the above is joy. If faith isn't a support, what is being put into it? All of life is kind of like banking. We can only take out what we put in.

True. I never had a choice about going to school. I had to learn math, English, certain histories, certain sciences. I even had to live in a house instead of a tepee or a cave. Had to stay awake during the day and sleep at night. What was with that? For some reason I had to eat a lot of vegetables and every few sweets. I was taught baths and brushing teeth were a necessity. And what was with that rule about playing nicely with my brothers and sisters and the neighbors, not to mention all their pets?
The reason you got to live that way, is that your religion did terrible things to the people you replaced.

The reason you got to live that way, is that your religion did terrible things to the people you replaced.
The "religion" did nothing. PEOPLE do terrible things--and even their religion, education, or diet cannot prevent that. People also do very good things and religion encourages everyone to walk this path.

Do you practice doing good things...but, sometimes, does the not-so-good also come out? Has not practicing all the good religion teaches made you a better person? How?

Forum List

Back