Zone1 Why do you need gods?

Then what was the guy commanding all the murder of children and old people in the Bible? He said his name was "I Am".
Because of Jewish embellishment. You don't really believe God spoke to them, right?

And his answer to what's his name - I Am - is God stating that God is existence.

But you don't need to read the Bible to know that God exists. You can look at how deeply ingrained your sense of right and wrong is. It's so ingrained in you that when you violate it instead of abandoning the concept you rationalize you didn't violate it. There's your proof. There's your evidence.

Because of Jewish embellishment.

So they made up the stuff about God commanding the genocides or God "delivering these people to Joshua" so that they may be put to the sword?

I actually like that. I wish I could stress that enough. AND I WHOLLY AGREE! IT IS LIKELY MADE UP.

The only difference between you and I is: I am not held to the rules that BIble clearly lays out not to add or subtract from it. (Dt. 4:2)

You, as a Christian, unfortunately are.

You don't really believe God spoke to them, right?

Nope.

But you don't need to read the Bible to know that God exists.

No, you can make up even MORE stuff with your imagination.

You can look at how deeply ingrained your sense of right and wrong is.

My moral compass does NOT require someone to tell me that it is wrong to commit genocide. I wouldn't have to have ANYONE tell me that.

I apologize for being a disappointment and a wasting your time. I wish you well.

Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

while your at it, have you found the etched tablets from heaven w/ 10 commandments - yet ... that are in your c bible.

So they made up the stuff about God commanding the genocides or God "delivering these people to Joshua" so that they may be put to the sword?
Not exactly. They embellished the details to make it more memorable so that it could be more easily remembered and passed down to future generations. In ancient days information was passed down orally.

I actually like that. I wish I could stress that enough. AND I WHOLLY AGREE! IT IS LIKELY MADE UP.
Again... Not exactly. They embellished the details to make it more memorable so that it could be more easily remembered and passed down to future generations. In ancient days information was passed down orally.

Forum List

Back