Why Does Anybody Need a 30-Round Magazine?

(1) Failure to stop the aggressor
(crazies will not stop)

(2) Multiple aggressors
(gang bangers don't play nice)

Answer: Except for military, they don't

If you can't stop somebody with a magazine of less than 30 rounds, then you're doing something wrong.

If you're using gangs as an excuse to hold 30 rounds in a magazine, then you're probably doing something illegal.

If you can't survive without a 30 round magazine, then curl up in a corner and die for all I care. You'll get no sympathy from me.

Senator Dianne Feinstein's latest divide-and-conquer attack on the Second Amendment has made even Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) a sucker for the argument that private citizens do not need high-capacity magazines. These include not only 30-round rifle magazines, but 17-round magazines for handguns like the Glock.

Why does anybody need a high capacity magazine? If Senator Manchin were to educate himself by, for example, attending Front Sight's four-day defensive handgun class, he would learn the two primary answers:

(crazies will not stop)

(2) Multiple aggressors

Read more: Articles: Why Does Anybody Need a 30-Round Magazine?
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Why does anybody need a 3-carat diamond ring?

Maybe they just like them and think they're cool. Why does anybody need to know "why" anybody else needs anything?

If you're using gangs as an excuse to hold 30 rounds in a magazine, then you're probably doing something illegal.

Tell that to the Korean store owners in Los Angeles that defended their property, their lives, and the lives of their families during the riots. Unless of course those were just church goers trying to burn the city down...:doubt:

If you can't survive without a 30 round magazine, then curl up in a corner and die for all I care. You'll get no sympathy from me.

Not looking for your sympathy, just a modicum of common sense.

No one needs a 30 round magazine.

I support the constitution the way the founding fathers intended it to be. Every American should be able to own a musket, nothing more.

The Founders supported the right of the people to have weapons appropriate to a militia, thus military type weapons. Unless you think the Marin Corps should be restricted to muzzle loaders, your argument is as stupid as your usual tripe.

That's a pretty convenient interpretation.

If you read the Federalist papers and the opinions of the people who actually drafted the 2nd Amendment, you would know that it is the proper, intended interpretation, so yes, it is pretty convenient. Thank you.

(crazies will not stop)

(2) Multiple aggressors

If you can't stop somebody with a magazine of less than 30 rounds, then you're doing something wrong.

Any restrictions on firearms including magazine is unconstitutional.
The only weapons protected by the second amendment must have some reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia.
Restricting magazine capacity would in fact be a violation of the second amendment.

Any restrictions on firearms including magazine is unconstitutional.
The only weapons protected by the second amendment must have some reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia.
Restricting magazine capacity would in fact be a violation of the second amendment.

Bull-fucking-shit. The 2nd amendment in no way states that people should be allowed 30 round mags. They didn't even exist. And paranoid gun nuts who think they should be allowed to carry whatever weapon they please do not = a well-regulated malitia.

Tell that to the Korean store owners in Los Angeles that defended their property, their lives, and the lives of their families during the riots. Unless of course those were just church goers trying to burn the city down...:doubt:

During the riots. Do riots happen everyday?.......

Senator Dianne Feinstein's latest divide-and-conquer attack on the Second Amendment has made even Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) a sucker for the argument that private citizens do not need high-capacity magazines. These include not only 30-round rifle magazines, but 17-round magazines for handguns like the Glock.

Why does anybody need a high capacity magazine? If Senator Manchin were to educate himself by, for example, attending Front Sight's four-day defensive handgun class, he would learn the two primary answers:

(crazies will not stop)

(2) Multiple aggressors

You forgot about Indians. I've seen those movies, and those Indians JUST KEEP COMING!

(crazies will not stop)

(2) Multiple aggressors

They showed a clip of a guy shooting an assault weapon with a 30 round on a news program this morning. All they have to do is show that thing over and over and plenty of people will understand why nobody needs one.

Extremely powerful weapon, the guy was barely holding onto it. There is no good reason why citizens need this type of automatic weapon. Your excuses are stupid and so are you.

Complete, utter, lying horseshit from beginning to end.

I don't know what your local morning news showed you, or whether or not you're telling the truth about what you saw, but I CAN tell you what you didn't see: You didn't see proof that any guns or equipment for guns that are currently legal for private ownership in the United States should be banned.

First of all, fully automatic weapons are already illegal for private ownership, and have been for quite a while. If you don't even know THAT, you need to shut the hell up and get back in the kitchen, because you have no business commenting any further on this topic.

Second of all, the semi-automatic weapons most often targeted in "assault weapon bans" are not "extremely powerful". They are, in fact, less powerful than your average hunting rifle, and used to hunt small game rather than large for that reason.

Third, it is highly unlikely that you saw anyone "barely holding it" with anything larger than a handgun, since long guns have too much kick for you to control like that.

So which is it, now that you finally have some actual information in the fluffy, vacant skull of yours? Were you lying to us, or was your local news lying to you because they knew you'd lap it up like the ignorant bitch that you are?

May-be when the welfare and the free phones stop.........?

May-be when the welfare and the free phones stop.........?

You don't all you need to do is tape together pairs of 10 round mags and you can do just as much damage.

(crazies will not stop)

(2) Multiple aggressors

who gives a damn about your sympathy....

why do you think so many cops carry 15+ round clips....?

(crazies will not stop)

(2) Multiple aggressors

Why do you need a 30 round mag, though? Answer: you don't.

wrong answer...

frankly it's not really about need......it's about my rights......

neverthless.....perhaps i'm a bad shot.....

....or maybe it makes me FEEL better.....:lol:

During the riots. Do riots happen everyday?.......

THAT'S your retort?! Good grief man, just because it doesn't happen every day doesn't mean we shouldn't be prepared when it does. You just couldn't be as thick as you seem.

You KNOW that every situation can be handled with only 6 rounds? 10 rounds? OK Kreskin :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back