Why Does Anybody Need a 30-Round Magazine?

Tell that to the Korean store owners in Los Angeles that defended their property, their lives, and the lives of their families during the riots. Unless of course those were just church goers trying to burn the city down...:doubt:

During the riots. Do riots happen everyday?.......

THAT'S your retort?! Good grief man, just because it doesn't happen every day doesn't mean we shouldn't be prepared when it does. You just couldn't be as thick as you seem.

So, because looters were trashing stores back in the 1990s in LA, 30 round mags should be legal? Are you sure you want to go with that?

Answer: Except for military, they don't

If you can't stop somebody with a magazine of less than 30 rounds, then you're doing something wrong.

If you're using gangs as an excuse to hold 30 rounds in a magazine, then you're probably doing something illegal.

If you can't survive without a 30 round magazine, then curl up in a corner and die for all I care. You'll get no sympathy from me.

who gives a damn about your sympathy....

why do you think so many cops carry 15+ round clips....?

Why do you need a 30 round mag, though? Answer: you don't.

What is the magic number? 18? 20? 25? 29?

THAT'S your retort?! Good grief man, just because it doesn't happen every day doesn't mean we shouldn't be prepared when it does. You just couldn't be as thick as you seem.

So, because looters were trashing stores back in the 1990s in LA, 30 round mags should be legal? Are you sure you want to go with that?

If a riot occurred today do you think the politicians would allow the police to stop them? If anything it is worse now. Are you one of those individuals that had rather die yourself than to kill someone that is trying to kill you and your family? 30 rounds are not enough.

Hyperbole and Hypocrisy of the Left....

(you can bet they're packing high capacity....)
gunsmakeuslesssafe-600x357.png

Last edited:

Let's say there's a group standing around somewhere, and they're Righties. And maybe there are 29 or so. How often do you want to reload, considering some shots might miss their mark?

30-shot mag seems useful in that instance. Yeah?

Let's say there's a group standing around somewhere, and they're Righties. And maybe there are 29 or so. How often do you want to reload, considering some shots might miss their mark?

I have no problem with this, you on the other hand may not be able to handle what is dealt back too you.

I have no problem with this, you on the other hand may not be able to handle what is dealt back too you.

Tell me about it. Can you imagine? With that many, not all will be kill shots. So I gotta listen to their whining about gun-grabbers, commie/Kenyan presidents, etc, etc, until they bleed-out. Fuck me.

And what with all the blood, I can't very well kick the shit out of them, or my Ferragamos get all fucked up and drench in blood, urine and worse. So pray I hit an artery or something, and it passes quickly.

Any restrictions on firearms including magazine is unconstitutional.
The only weapons protected by the second amendment must have some reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia.
Restricting magazine capacity would in fact be a violation of the second amendment.

Bull-fucking-shit. The 2nd amendment in no way states that people should be allowed 30 round mags. They didn't even exist. And paranoid gun nuts who think they should be allowed to carry whatever weapon they please do not = a well-regulated malitia.

According to Miller vs US 1938 a firearm must have a reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia, and must be in common use of the time, to be protected by the second amendment. Restricting the amount of ammo a magazine holds would hinder the effectiveness of a well regulated militia.

Any other words you fail.

Tell me about it. Can you imagine? With that many, not all will be kill shots. So I gotta listen to their whining about gun-grabbers, commie/Kenyan presidents, etc, etc, until they bleed-out. Fuck me.

And what with all the blood, I can't very well kick the shit out of them, or my Ferragamos get all fucked up and drench in blood, urine and worse. So pray I hit an artery or something, and it passes quickly.

Speak for your self, I certified as an expert.
and have been through many combat courses.

Senator Dianne Feinstein's latest divide-and-conquer attack on the Second Amendment has made even Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) a sucker for the argument that private citizens do not need high-capacity magazines. These include not only 30-round rifle magazines, but 17-round magazines for handguns like the Glock.

Why does anybody need a high capacity magazine? If Senator Manchin were to educate himself by, for example, attending Front Sight's four-day defensive handgun class, he would learn the two primary answers:

(1) Failure to stop the aggressor
(crazies will not stop)

(2) Multiple aggressors
(gang bangers don't play nice)

Read more: Articles: Why Does Anybody Need a 30-Round Magazine?
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

No, that’s a silly justification.

It’s a simple matter of the original overall design of the weapon.

AK/M pattern rifles, for example, have a standard 30 round magazine. Indeed, it’s not ‘high capacity,’ it’s the standard round magazine for that particular rifle, per the original design.

It’s not incumbent upon citizens to justify the original, standard configuration of a given weapon. And a citizen can not be compelled to justify the ownership of a weapon – regardless its configuration – which is perfectly legal to own in his jurisdiction, nor to be compelled to justify the exercising of a given right in general.

Most gun rights/Second Amendment advocates are truly their own worst enemies – they do more harm to the Second Amendment than any so-called ‘gun-grabber.’

Any restrictions on firearms including magazine is unconstitutional.
The only weapons protected by the second amendment must have some reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia.
Restricting magazine capacity would in fact be a violation of the second amendment.

Bull-fucking-shit. The 2nd amendment in no way states that people should be allowed 30 round mags. They didn't even exist. And paranoid gun nuts who think they should be allowed to carry whatever weapon they please do not = a well-regulated malitia.

According to Miller vs US 1938 a firearm must have a reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia, and must be in common use of the time, to be protected by the second amendment. Restricting the amount of ammo a magazine holds would hinder the effectiveness of a well regulated militia.

Or maybe well regulating how much ammo the mag holds will have not have a hindering effect on the militia's effectiveness. How many shots are needed to protect ones self? Seems gobs of ammo in no longer about self-protection and all about shooting up all kinds of shit, or maybe kids, as was recently the case.

Senator Dianne Feinstein's latest divide-and-conquer attack on the Second Amendment has made even Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) a sucker for the argument that private citizens do not need high-capacity magazines. These include not only 30-round rifle magazines, but 17-round magazines for handguns like the Glock.

Why does anybody need a high capacity magazine? If Senator Manchin were to educate himself by, for example, attending Front Sight's four-day defensive handgun class, he would learn the two primary answers:

(1) Failure to stop the aggressor
(crazies will not stop)

(2) Multiple aggressors
(gang bangers don't play nice)

Read more: Articles: Why Does Anybody Need a 30-Round Magazine?
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

No, that’s a silly justification.

It’s a simple matter of the original overall design of the weapon.

AK/M pattern rifles, for example, have a standard 30 round magazine. Indeed, it’s not ‘high capacity,’ it’s the standard round magazine for that particular rifle, per the original design.

It’s not incumbent upon citizens to justify the original, standard configuration of a given weapon. And a citizen can not be compelled to justify the ownership of a weapon – regardless its configuration – which is perfectly legal to own in his jurisdiction, nor to be compelled to justify the exercising of a given right in general.

Most gun rights/Second Amendment advocates are truly their own worst enemies – they do more harm to the Second Amendment than any so-called ‘gun-grabber.’

Good to hear. So with all that, and only six shots, you're not well protected? What kind of courses were they? How to miss 80% of the time?

Or maybe well regulating how much ammo the mag holds will have not have a hindering effect on the militia's effectiveness. How many shots are needed to protect ones self? Seems gobs of ammo in no longer about self-protection and all about shooting up all kinds of shit, or maybe kids, as was recently the case.
You might have a point if well regulated meant what it means now back when the second amendment was being written

Well Regulated

The Random House College Dictionary (1980) gives four definitions for the word "regulate," which were all in use during the Colonial period and one more definition dating from 1690 (Oxford English Dictionary, 2nd Edition, 1989). They are:

1) To control or direct by a rule, principle, method, etc.
2) To adjust to some standard or requirement as for amount, degree, etc.

3) To adjust so as to ensure accuracy of operation.

4) To put in good order.

[obsolete sense]
b. Of troops: Properly disciplined. Obs. rare-1.

1690 Lond. Gaz. No. 2568/3 We hear likewise that the French are in a great Allarm in Dauphine and Bresse, not having at present 1500 Men of regulated Troops on that side.
The militia was free from federal government control up until the Federal government needed help from the militia. And the militia member was supposed to supply his own firearm.

Good to hear. So with all that, and only six shots, you're not well protected? What kind of courses were they? How to miss 80% of the time?

What happens when you face 7 people? Like during the LA riots?

What happens when you face 7 people? Like during the LA riots?

You die if you're pointing guns at the rioters, no matter how many bullets you have.

Discretion is the better part of valor if on the very slight chance you find yourself in that situation. Just be cool, and get the fuck away. No shit. You'll live longer and can buy more guns, on Christmas, birthdays, kid's Christening, etc. But you gotta be alive to do it.

Last edited:

Any magazine should be legal because the only result of making them illegal is that the criminals end up better armed than law abiding citizens. That's insane.

Forum List

Back