Why Does Anybody Need a 30-Round Magazine?

Good to hear. So with all that, and only six shots, you're not well protected? What kind of courses were they? How to miss 80% of the time?

What happens when you face 7 people? Like during the LA riots?

You die if you're pointing guns at the rioters, no matter how many bullets you have.

Discretion is the better part of valor if on the very chance you find yourself in that situation. Just be cool, and get the fuck away. No shit. You'll live longer and can buy more guns, on Christmas, birthdays, kid's Christening, etc. But you gotta be alive to do it.

Sorry I'll still have my drum magazines and 30 round magazines, if I die it will not be because of an empty magazine.

I'm still trying to find where rights are subject to a showing of need in my copy of the Constitution. Maybe someone could direct me to it?

Terrorists, crooks and illegals selling drugs can buy the 30 legally but really, they need even bigger clips. Get busy making a 90 round mag before sanity prevails and we get rid of this shit.

According to Miller vs US 1938 a firearm must have a reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia, and must be in common use of the time, to be protected by the second amendment. Restricting the amount of ammo a magazine holds would hinder the effectiveness of a well regulated militia.

Any other words you fail.

Or maybe well regulating how much ammo the mag holds will have not have a hindering effect on the militia's effectiveness. How many shots are needed to protect ones self? Seems gobs of ammo in no longer about self-protection and all about shooting up all kinds of shit, or maybe kids, as was recently the case.
You might have a point if well regulated meant what it means now back when the second amendment was being written

Well Regulated

The Random House College Dictionary (1980) gives four definitions for the word "regulate," which were all in use during the Colonial period and one more definition dating from 1690 (Oxford English Dictionary, 2nd Edition, 1989). They are:

1) To control or direct by a rule, principle, method, etc.
2) To adjust to some standard or requirement as for amount, degree, etc.

3) To adjust so as to ensure accuracy of operation.

4) To put in good order.

[obsolete sense]
b. Of troops: Properly disciplined. Obs. rare-1.

1690 Lond. Gaz. No. 2568/3 We hear likewise that the French are in a great Allarm in Dauphine and Bresse, not having at present 1500 Men of regulated Troops on that side.
The militia was free from federal government control up until the Federal government needed help from the militia. And the militia member was supposed to supply his own firearm.

Cool. You a militia member. Right? When will you be called up? Hell when was the last time you or any militia member you know was called up. And you know, the military is gonna laugh at those puny ass wannabe assault weapon you show up with.

You do know the military supplies the weapons (REAL assault weapons) these days for the soldiers called up.
But then again.....

According to Miller vs US 1938 a firearm must have a reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia, and must be in common use of the time, to be protected by the second amendment. Restricting the amount of ammo a magazine holds would hinder the effectiveness of a well regulated militia.

Or maybe well regulating how much ammo the mag holds will have not have a hindering effect on the militia's effectiveness. How many shots are needed to protect ones self? Seems gobs of ammo in no longer about self-protection and all about shooting up all kinds of shit, or maybe kids, as was recently the case.
You might have a point if well regulated meant what it means now back when the second amendment was being written

Well Regulated

The Random House College Dictionary (1980) gives four definitions for the word "regulate," which were all in use during the Colonial period and one more definition dating from 1690 (Oxford English Dictionary, 2nd Edition, 1989). They are:

4) To put in good order.

[obsolete sense]

1690 Lond. Gaz. No. 2568/3 We hear likewise that the French are in a great Allarm in Dauphine and Bresse, not having at present 1500 Men of regulated Troops on that side.
The militia was free from federal government control up until the Federal government needed help from the militia. And the militia member was supposed to supply his own firearm.

Fuck me. All we need is a dictionary? Who knew??

Quick, head on over to law schools and tell em scrap Con-Law. It's a hated class and they'll be delighted to know they only need a dictionary.

Plus, how many interns can we can when the Supremes learn of it and we buy them dictionaries?

Mygod, man. You're come up with a peach of an idea!!!

What happens when you face 7 people? Like during the LA riots?

You die if you're pointing guns at the rioters, no matter how many bullets you have.

Discretion is the better part of valor if on the very chance you find yourself in that situation. Just be cool, and get the fuck away. No shit. You'll live longer and can buy more guns, on Christmas, birthdays, kid's Christening, etc. But you gotta be alive to do it.

Sorry I'll still have my drum magazines and 30 round magazines, if I die it will not be because of an empty magazine.

Correct; it will be some really pissed off African Americans who might have seen Pulp Fiction and send a brother for plyers and a blow-torch. Hopefully I'll have kept my head low and gotten far enough away that I won't hear blood curdling screams.

Discretion is the better part of valor nearly fucking always.

Well Regulated

4) To put in good order.

[obsolete sense]

Quick, head on over to law schools and tell em scrap Con-Law. It's a hated class and they'll be delighted to know they only need a dictionary.

Plus, how many interns can we can when the Supremes learn of it and we buy them dictionaries?

Yes the need for a 18th century dictionary is a must when understanding the meaning of certain words when they have a totally different meaning today.
So try again.
Well regulated does not mean regulated by the federal government.

Correct; it will be some really pissed off African Americans who might have seen Pulp Fiction and send a brother for plyers and a blow-torch. Hopefully I'll have kept my head low and gotten far enough away that I won't hear blood curdling screams.

I don't think so.
[ame=http://youtu.be/7VqG_4ADFfQ]Blacks Will Lose Race War - YouTube[/ame]

Yes the need for a 18th century dictionary is a must when understanding the meaning of certain words when they have a totally different meaning today.
So try again.

Shit. Older dictionaries? Damnit, that's one them spendy book stores, with out-of-prints and such. But okay. We spend a little extra and scrap that whole framer intent nonsense.

Good thinkin' Why on earth they've not made you dean of Harvard Law is a mystery to me.

I don't think so.

Scrap the "so" and you'll have it about right. Not too shabby, for ya'll. Typically you gotta scrap all the words.

You're improving.

I don't think so.

Scrap the "so" and you'll have it about right. Not too shabby, for ya'll. Typically you gotta scrap all the words.

You're improving.

Really you say you don't think but repeat what your handlers tell you?
That's what I thought.

So try again.

Shit. Older dictionaries? Damnit, that's one them spendy book stores, with out-of-prints and such. But okay. We spend a little extra and scrap that whole framer intent nonsense.

Good thinkin' Why on earth they've not made you dean of Harvard Law is a mystery to me.
I guess you've had enough and must revert to childish tantrums.

Terrorists, crooks and illegals selling drugs can buy the 30 legally but really, they need even bigger clips. Get busy making a 90 round mag before sanity prevails and we get rid of this shit.
Go play in traffic, asshole.

Truth hurts, huh.

Why don't rw gun nuts want to stop illegal aliens, terrorists and crooks from being able to buy any combination of weapons they want? Why do rw gun nuts want to arm the bad guys?

Thanks to you, they won't have to make do with box cutters next time.

Bull-fucking-shit. The 2nd amendment in no way states that people should be allowed 30 round mags. They didn't even exist. And paranoid gun nuts who think they should be allowed to carry whatever weapon they please do not = a well-regulated malitia.

Are you really as dumb as you sound, or are you trying to beat out luddley for shithead of the year?

I'm still trying to find where rights are subject to a showing of need in my copy of the Constitution. Maybe someone could direct me to it?

I'm still trying to find where you have the right to a 30 round mag in the Constitution. Maybe you could direct me to it?

Go play in traffic, asshole.

Truth hurts, huh.

Why don't rw gun nuts want to stop illegal aliens, terrorists and crooks from being able to buy any combination of weapons they want? Why do rw gun nuts want to arm the bad guys?

Thanks to you, they won't have to make do with box cutters next time.

Mr. Straw man we already have laws on the books for everything you mentioned, it's obama that wants to supply drug lords with firearms, it's obama that is giving illegals access to America. It is obama who is supplying firearms to terrorist.

Forum List

Back