Why Does Anybody Need a 30-Round Magazine?

Let's look at the 2nd Amendment. It contains 2 simple phrases.

The first phrase is nothing more than an acknowledgement that a well armed, trained and disciplined Militia is necessary if and when the security of a free state is threatened.

The second phrase is even simpler; written so that the common man of the 1780's could understand without 9 elderly lawyers.

Really people! What part of "shall not be infringed" is so difficult to grasp?

The part that says that the militia is under congressional control.

Or is that so hard to comprehend.

Get rid of the professional army.

Then the second amendment makes sense.

Right now?

It doesn't.

And none of you folks are in favor of that.

It does not say a militia under congressional control

You sir, are even more of an idiot than previously thought

You're the idiot.

Section 8.

To make rules for the government and regulation of the land and naval forces;

To provide for calling forth the militia to execute the laws of the union, suppress insurrections and repel invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the militia, and for governing such part of them as may be employed in the service of the United States, reserving to the states respectively, the appointment of the officers, and the authority of training the militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

Are you even fucking an American?

HOW IS IT YOU DON'T KNOW THIS STUFF?

Who needs a 30 round magazine............this is a far superior zombie killer imo...............

Shooting The Mossberg 930 SPX 12ga Shotgun - YouTube

AR-15's fire this little cheesy round of ammo. A weapon like the 930 Mossberg can take a head clear off at 25 paces with one single shot of 00 buck.

Nah.. what I have (without the drum)... my home protection shotgun of choice

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gESLOmz-4sc]Saiga 12 Shotgun, MD-20 Drum: Pallet Destruction - YouTube[/ame]

Who needs a 30 round magazine............this is a far superior zombie killer imo...............

Shooting The Mossberg 930 SPX 12ga Shotgun - YouTube

AR-15's fire this little cheesy round of ammo. A weapon like the 930 Mossberg can take a head clear off at 25 paces with one single shot of 00 buck.

Nah.. what I have (without the drum)... my home protection shotgun of choice

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gESLOmz-4sc]Saiga 12 Shotgun, MD-20 Drum: Pallet Destruction - YouTube[/ame]

Seriously..

How did you not know a large part of the Constitution?

How did you miss that stuff?

You born in a different country?

Cool. You a militia member. Right? When will you be called up? Hell when was the last time you or any militia member you know was called up. And you know, the military is gonna laugh at those puny ass wannabe assault weapon you show up with.

You do know the military supplies the weapons (REAL assault weapons) these days for the soldiers called up.
But then again.....

The first phrase is nothing more than an acknowledgement that a well armed, trained and disciplined Militia is necessary if and when the security of a free state is threatened.

The second phrase is even simpler; written so that the common man of the 1780's could understand without 9 elderly lawyers.

the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Right now?

It doesn't.

The militia is not under any control of the federal government unless the federal government is in need of help from the militia.

Right now?

It doesn't.

The militia is not under any control of the federal government unless the federal government is in need of help from the militia.

Another one who is ignorant of the Constitution.

And you post this AFTER I POSTED THE CLAUSES THAT DISPUTE THIS FALLACY.

Just encase this was missed.

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are—
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

Bump

Right now?

It doesn't.

You're the idiot.

Section 8.

To provide for calling forth the militia to execute the laws of the union, suppress insurrections and repel invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the militia, and for governing such part of them as may be employed in the service of the United States, reserving to the states respectively, the appointment of the officers, and the authority of training the militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

Calling up A MILITIA is not the same as a government controlled militia (otherwise known as the standing Armed forces which we do have).. providing for it upon being called up is also not the same as a government controlled militia... same with training them when necessary...

You have an organized militia, and an UNORGANIZED MILITIA.. which has been told you you and your ilk NUMEROUS times in this very thread... your organized being (for example) the US Army National Guard.. the unorganized being the citizenry that would step up when called for or upon

Go back to school and learn, idiot

Just encase this was missed.

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

Bump

For the idiot Sallow's reference again.. but don't worry.. he won't or can't learn

Right now?

It doesn't.

How about you who are really clueless about U.S. code?
10 USC § 311 - Militia: composition and classes | LII / Legal Information Institute
10 USC § 311 - Militia: composition and classes

You're the idiot.

Section 8.

Calling up A MILITIA is not the same as a government controlled militia (otherwise known as the standing Armed forces which we do have).. providing for it upon being called up is also not the same as a government controlled militia... same with training them when necessary...

You have an organized militia, and an UNORGANIZED MILITIA.. which has been told you you and your ilk NUMEROUS times in this very thread... your organized being (for example) the US Army National Guard.. the unorganized being the citizenry that would step up when called for or upon

Go back to school and learn, idiot

FUCK MAN.

Read all the clauses.

You are really really stupid.

10 USC § 311 - Militia: composition and classes | LII / Legal Information Institute

Read the CONSTITUTION!

I'm still trying to find where rights are subject to a showing of need in my copy of the Constitution. Maybe someone could direct me to it?

I'm still trying to find where you have the right to a 30 round mag in the Constitution. Maybe you could direct me to it?

What part of "Shall not be infringed" is so fucking hard for you to grasp?

The part where it doesn't say anything about my right to carry a fucking automatic death machine with an extended mag. Is that clear enough for you?

Read the CONSTITUTION!

Since you will not read it here you go

I'm still trying to find where you have the right to a 30 round mag in the Constitution. Maybe you could direct me to it?

The part where it doesn't say anything about my right to carry a fucking automatic death machine with an extended mag. Is that clear enough for you?

The weaponry (firearms) they were talking about at the time were the exact same as what was being handled by the military of the time

I guess if that 30-round magazine was designed to go in an automatic, you'd have a point. Once again, you're pathetic. I had not noticed your entertainment value until today. Truly amusing to watch you make pointless posts and then go all third grade on us.

Last edited:

yea, i'm missing the part where it says they are prohibited

Cool. You a militia member. Right? When will you be called up? Hell when was the last time you or any militia member you know was called up. And you know, the military is gonna laugh at those puny ass wannabe assault weapon you show up with.

You do know the military supplies the weapons (REAL assault weapons) these days for the soldiers called up.
But then again.....

the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Right now?

It doesn't.

yea, we're kind of missing the point where the militia is under congressional control too

Right now?

It doesn't.

If you understood the context of the 2nd amendment, you'd realize that the existence of a perpetual professional army makes the right to bear arms, even automatic capable assault rifles, all the more protected under the constitution.

Senator Dianne Feinstein's latest divide-and-conquer attack on the Second Amendment has made even Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) a sucker for the argument that private citizens do not need high-capacity magazines. These include not only 30-round rifle magazines, but 17-round magazines for handguns like the Glock.

Why does anybody need a high capacity magazine? If Senator Manchin were to educate himself by, for example, attending Front Sight's four-day defensive handgun class, he would learn the two primary answers:

(1) Failure to stop the aggressor
(crazies will not stop)

(2) Multiple aggressors
(gang bangers don't play nice)

Read more: Articles: Why Does Anybody Need a 30-Round Magazine?
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Because you can't shoot 24 six years in the face..with a clip that just holds six rounds.

i can change a clip out in 2 seconds - done

Read the CONSTITUTION!

At the time of the drafting of the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights, a political sentiment existed in the newly formed United States involving suspicion of peacetime armies not under civilian control. This political belief has been identified as stemming from the memory of the abuses of the standing army of Oliver Cromwell and King James II, in Great Britain in the prior century, which led to the Glorious Revolution and resulted in placing the standing army under the control of Parliament. During the Congressional debates, James Madison discussed how a militia could help defend liberty against tyranny and oppression:
The highest number to which a standing army can be carried in any country does not exceed one hundredth part of the souls, or one twenty-fifth part of the number able to bear arms. This portion would not yield, in the United States, an army of more than twenty-five or thirty thousand men. To these would be opposed a militia amounting to near half a million citizens with arms in their hands, officered by men chosen from among themselves, fighting for their common liberties and united and conducted by governments possessing their affections and confidence. It may well be doubted whether a militia thus circumstanced could ever be conquered by such a proportion of regular troops. Besides the advantage of being armed, it forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of. The governments of Europe are afraid to trust the people with arms. If they did, the people would surely shake off the yoke of tyranny, as America did. Let us not insult the free and gallant citizens of America with the suspicion that they would be less able to defend the rights of which they would be in actual possession than the debased subjects of arbitrary power would be to rescue theirs from the hands of their oppressors."- (Source I Annals of Congress 434, June 8, 1789)

Forum List

Back