Why Does Anybody Need a 30-Round Magazine?

Why Does Anyone Need A 30-round Magazine:

Along with the rest of the world, I watched video coverage of the 1992 riot in Los Angeles following the verdict in the Rodney King beating trial. I saw mobs of marauding Blacks smashing store windows, looting, turning over cars, terrorizing and beating bystanders and store owners.

In one segment of video there were two Korean men standing in front of what appeared to be a convenience store. One was holding an M-1 (or M-2) .30 Carbine with a very long (probably 30 round) magazine and he had another magazine stuck in his belt. The other fellow was holding a Mini-14, also with a long magazine. What was striking about this shot is the marauders were giving these two stoic but heavily-armed men a very wide berth -- some of them stepping off the curb to demonstrate passivity.

On the day before the riot those two Koreans certainly didn't need such intimidating weapons. But when their time of need arose I'm sure they were glad they had them.

The bottom line is it is better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it. And who can say for sure there are no circumstances today that might call for a gun with a 30 round magazine?

I would like to pose that question to all of the store owners who stood by and watched their business premises looted and destroyed, and/or were themselves beaten, during that riot.

I like your explanation.

But it is unnecessary.

The right to bear arms and use a 30 round magazine is your ABSOLUTE RIGHT.

It does not matter what the Supreme Court , Obama's fascists or the narcotized detractors maintain.

'nuff said.

Why Does Anyone Need A 30-round Magazine:

Along with the rest of the world, I watched video coverage of the 1992 riot in Los Angeles following the verdict in the Rodney King beating trial. I saw mobs of marauding Blacks smashing store windows, looting, turning over cars, terrorizing and beating bystanders and store owners.

In one segment of video there were two Korean men standing in front of what appeared to be a convenience store. One was holding an M-1 (or M-2) .30 Carbine with a very long (probably 30 round) magazine and he had another magazine stuck in his belt. The other fellow was holding a Mini-14, also with a long magazine. What was striking about this shot is the marauders were giving these two stoic but heavily-armed men a very wide berth -- some of them stepping off the curb to demonstrate passivity.

On the day before the riot those two Koreans certainly didn't need such intimidating weapons. But when their time of need arose I'm sure they were glad they had them.

The bottom line is it is better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it. And who can say for sure there are no circumstances today that might call for a gun with a 30 round magazine?

I would like to pose that question to all of the store owners who stood by and watched their business premises looted and destroyed, and/or were themselves beaten, during that riot.

Wow. I did not think it was possible for us to agree on something. Color me stunned.

How big should THIS guy's magazine be allowed to be?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AxvV2OnKZk]The worlds fastest gun reloader - YouTube[/ame]

Oh god. He's figured out how to reload really quickly. Shit. Let's control him. Maybe cut off a hand? I don't know, fuck, oh god, please help us government! :eusa_pray:

Last edited:
The part where it doesn't say anything about my right to carry a fucking automatic death machine with an extended mag. Is that clear enough for you?

yea, i'm missing the part where it says they are prohibited

Yeah, I'm missing the part where it says they're permitted.

That would be the second half of the sentence, cockholster: ". . . the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

"Bear" = carry

"Arms" = weapons, or as they're called by dickless little pantyboys like you, "death machines"

So here we see that the people have a right to "carry death machines" which shall not be infringed upon, no matter HOW frightened you are of anything rougher than hitting someone with your purse, or scratching them with your fresh manicure.

The part where it doesn't say anything about my right to carry a fucking automatic death machine with an extended mag. Is that clear enough for you?

It's been ruled on by courts. You can not restrict anything that would have a reasonable relationship with the efficiency of a well regulated militia.

bear arms, any arms, they restricted nothing. if they didn't want automatic weapons in the hands of the public they would have specified that

Thermal Nuclear Warhead..here I come.

Cause you can never be sure.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s1MspmfEwg]Aliens - "I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit" - YouTube[/ame]

Let's look at the 2nd Amendment. It contains 2 simple phrases.

The first phrase is nothing more than an acknowledgement that a well armed, trained and disciplined Militia is necessary if and when the security of a free state is threatened.

The second phrase is even simpler; written so that the common man of the 1780's could understand without 9 elderly lawyers.

Really people! What part of "shall not be infringed" is so difficult to grasp?

The part that says that the militia is under congressional control.

Or is that so hard to comprehend.

Get rid of the professional army.

Then the second amendment makes sense.

Right now?

It doesn't.

And none of you folks are in favor of that.

yea, we're kind of missing the point where the militia is under congressional control too

Of course you are.

This is probably the first time you've read the Constitution.

And not some abbreviated version of the second amendment.

I'll post it again. These are the powers of congress under section 8.

Section 8.

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States; but all duties, imposts and excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate commerce with foreign nations, and among the several states, and with the Indian tribes;

To establish a uniform rule of naturalization, and uniform laws on the subject of bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin money, regulate the value thereof, and of foreign coin, and fix the standard of weights and measures;

To provide for the punishment of counterfeiting the securities and current coin of the United States;

To establish post offices and post roads;

To promote the progress of science and useful arts, by securing for limited times to authors and inventors the exclusive right to their respective writings and discoveries;

To constitute tribunals inferior to the Supreme Court;

To define and punish piracies and felonies committed on the high seas, and offenses against the law of nations;

To declare war, grant letters of marque and reprisal, and make rules concerning captures on land and water;

To raise and support armies, but no appropriation of money to that use shall be for a longer term than two years;

To provide and maintain a navy;

To make rules for the government and regulation of the land and naval forces;

To provide for calling forth the militia to execute the laws of the union, suppress insurrections and repel invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the militia, and for governing such part of them as may be employed in the service of the United States, reserving to the states respectively, the appointment of the officers, and the authority of training the militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive legislation in all cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten miles square) as may, by cession of particular states, and the acceptance of Congress, become the seat of the government of the United States, and to exercise like authority over all places purchased by the consent of the legislature of the state in which the same shall be, for the erection of forts, magazines, arsenals, dockyards, and other needful buildings;--And

To make all laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into execution the foregoing powers, and all other powers vested by this Constitution in the government of the United States, or in any department or officer thereof.

I even bolded the relevant parts for ya.

bear arms, any arms, they restricted nothing. if they didn't want automatic weapons in the hands of the public they would have specified that

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s1MspmfEwg]Aliens - "I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit" - YouTube[/ame]

If only someone had the foresight to drop one you and those who agree with your agenda to usurp the Freedoms of others.

If only someone had the foresight to drop one you and those who agree with your agenda to usurp the Freedoms of others.

It wouldn't help you chief.

But you are welcome to try.

Bring ice.

The part that says that the militia is under congressional control.

Or is that so hard to comprehend.

Get rid of the professional army.

Then the second amendment makes sense.

Right now?

It doesn't.

And none of you folks are in favor of that.

yea, we're kind of missing the point where the militia is under congressional control too

Of course you are.

Section 8.

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States; but all duties, imposts and excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To regulate commerce with foreign nations, and among the several states, and with the Indian tribes;

To establish a uniform rule of naturalization, and uniform laws on the subject of bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin money, regulate the value thereof, and of foreign coin, and fix the standard of weights and measures;

To provide for the punishment of counterfeiting the securities and current coin of the United States;

To promote the progress of science and useful arts, by securing for limited times to authors and inventors the exclusive right to their respective writings and discoveries;

To define and punish piracies and felonies committed on the high seas, and offenses against the law of nations;

To declare war, grant letters of marque and reprisal, and make rules concerning captures on land and water;

To raise and support armies, but no appropriation of money to that use shall be for a longer term than two years;

To provide for calling forth the militia to execute the laws of the union, suppress insurrections and repel invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the militia, and for governing such part of them as may be employed in the service of the United States, reserving to the states respectively, the appointment of the officers, and the authority of training the militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive legislation in all cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten miles square) as may, by cession of particular states, and the acceptance of Congress, become the seat of the government of the United States, and to exercise like authority over all places purchased by the consent of the legislature of the state in which the same shall be, for the erection of forts, magazines, arsenals, dockyards, and other needful buildings;--And

To make all laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into execution the foregoing powers, and all other powers vested by this Constitution in the government of the United States, or in any department or officer thereof.

I enlarged and colored the relevant part.
10 USC § 311 - Militia: composition and classes | LII / Legal Information Institute
(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are—
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

It's been ruled on by courts. You can not restrict anything that would have a reasonable relationship with the efficiency of a well regulated militia.
Uh, are you a well regulated militia??

Why do you numbskulls always seem to forget the sentence which follows that? There is a period (.) between the two sentences.

Why do you numbskulls seem to think this amendment is an invitation for any yahoo to get a gun and shoot 24 kids in the face?

It's not.

And the Constitution says so.

Of course you are.

Section 8.

10 USC § 311 - Militia: composition and classes | LII / Legal Information Institute
(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

What part are you missing?

The constitution specifically states..and in CLEAR ENGLISH, that they are under congressional control.

The constitution makes no mention of an "unorganized" militia.

None.

Nadda.

Uh, are you a well regulated militia??

Why do you numbskulls always seem to forget the sentence which follows that? There is a period (.) between the two sentences.

Why do you numbskulls seem to think this amendment is an invitation for any yahoo to get a gun and shoot 24 kids in the face?

It's not.

Who is shooting 24 kids in the face? Don't be a fucking moron and try to pass off your ideological emotion as reason to trump fact... And the fact is, gun control only controls those who don't shoot kids in the face... Gun control isn't about controlling guns, it's about controlling Law abiding citizens. And the Constitution is very clear... The 2A is designed for people like you who want to dump on other people's Freedoms to further your own twisted tyrannical ideology, without fear of the people stopping you when you step over the very document you idiots love to distort.

It's not.

Who is shooting 24 kids in the face? Don't be a fucking moron and try to pass off your ideological emotion as reason to trump fact... And the fact is, gun control only controls those who don't shoot kids in the face... Gun control isn't about controlling guns, it's about controlling Law abiding citizens. And the Constitution is very clear... The 2A is designed for people like you who want to dump on other people's Freedoms to further your own twisted tyrannical ideology, without fear of the people stopping you when you step over the very document you idiots love to distort.

My bad.

Some shoot adults in the face.

Some shoot their wives.

Some shoot total strangers.

Like 30K people lose their lives in this country each year because you folks want nuts to own guns.

That better?

It's not.

My bad.

Some shoot their wives.

Like 30K people lose their lives in this country each year because you folks want nuts to own guns.

That better?

In other words, you have no rebuttal... Why am I not surprised?

My bad.

Some shoot their wives.

That better?

In other words, you have no rebuttal... Why am I not surprised?

Rebuttal to what?

You folks are insane.

Seriously so.

Of course you are.

What part are you missing?

The constitution specifically states..and in CLEAR ENGLISH, that they are under congressional control.

The constitution makes no mention of an "unorganized" militia.

None.

Nadda.

I'm not missing anything. What are you missing?

The founders would never have created a document that would enslave people, since they fought that very thing?

They did not say in the second amendment
A Militia well regulated by congress, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

That actually believe it or not said.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

And well regulated does not mean regulated by the government, Historically speaking it means as expected in working order.

Forum List

Back