The invention of algebra. Algebra is an Arabic word. Algorithm is an Arabic word. Two thirds of the stars in the night sky that have Arabic names

Nope, it is not. Certain parts of SE Asia does have a huge Muslim population- Indonesia comes to mind, but no way are they Muslim Land. Still less a Moghul empire. The Moghuls were only a part of Northern India.
you made no point. Baghdad as a conquered land---by "arabs" it was even before conquered a cultural center----not as a function of islam. INDIA was INDIA and became a subjugated land ---the MOGHUL EMPIRE-----it CONTINUED to excel in art and some technology----but not specifically as a result of ISLAM

you made no point. Baghdad as a conquered land---by "arabs" it was even before conquered a cultural center----not as a function of islam. INDIA was INDIA and became a subjugated land ---the MOGHUL EMPIRE-----it CONTINUED to excel in art and some technology----but not specifically as a result of ISLAM
What the fuck has Baghdad to do with SE Asia? Or, with the Moghuls? Lady, get hold of good map and a history book of the region and educate yourself before posting.

Will help you look less of a fool.

Neil is fascinating here. No so much for what he discusses or addresses that may be unknown to people, but in how he strings disparate things together. Whats truly interesting to me is how here he soon addresses the religious culture wars -- the religious right in America and how it mirrors what we see in the fall of Islamic/Arabic wonders.

And the Sack of Baghdad. What was that about? Do people really know? Do they care?

video: 2:26
A thousand years ago the intellectual center of the world was Baghdad. Baghdad. Europe was busy disemboweling Heretics at the time. Baghdad was open to all thought at the time, between AD 800 and 1100 around there. If you look at the advances that unfolded in that period in that location, it includes the invention of algebra. Algebra is an Arabic word. Algorithm is an Arabic word. Two thirds of the stars in the night sky that have names, have Arabic names. How does that happen just what where did the naming rights come from?

Any Muslim intellectual innovations in the last 500 years?

You consider the Mongol killedEmpire to be ignorant, savage, desert tribesmen? That sounds like the early Hebrews that sacked and slaughtered their way into what became Israel.
Well, yes. The nomadic tribes that destroyed the intelligent artisans and inventors were ignorant, savage desert tribesmen. How do you not already know this?

How did the dark ages after the fall of Rome get to be the dark ages? Because Alaric and the marauding tribesmen killed the artists, inventors, writers and intelligent off.

When the United States and western civilization falls, the resulting dark ages will be darker and last longer than any other civilizational fall before it.

it's amusing you knee jerk responded think anything truthful about Islam and the Arab world was somehow an endorsement of shit today.
You seem to be the one wanting to conflate Arabs and Islam, when it seems clear from the thread, the Jews, Christians and Zoroastrians were in charge of Baghdad up till 632 A.D.

. . . and all of those things you mentioned as "Arabic," all predate 632, is that not correct?

1722803207906.png

:dunno:

Am I missing something?

uhhhhh. . . if so, do please educate. I don't care for Tyson, he's a deep state shill and a sell out, so I didn't watch his video. I'd rather watch paint dry TBH.

You seem to be the one wanting to conflate Arabs and Islam, when it seems clear from the thread, the Jews, Christians and Zoroastrians were in charge of Baghdad up till 632 A.D.

. . . and all of those things you mentioned as "Arabic," all predate 632, is that not correct?

View attachment 990009

:dunno:

Am I missing something?

uhhhhh. . . if so, do please educate. I don't care for Tyson, he's a deep state shill and a sell out, so I didn't watch his video. I'd rather watch paint dry TBH.
Nope. I am not attempting to conflate anything.

and I'm not sure what the conquest of Persia has to do with the Sack of Baghdad.

Well, yes. The nomadic tribes that destroyed the intelligent artisans and inventors were ignorant, savage desert tribesmen. How do you not already know this?

How did the dark ages after the fall of Rome get to be the dark ages? Because Alaric and the marauding tribesmen killed the artists, inventors, writers and intelligent off.

When the United States and western civilization falls, the resulting dark ages will be darker and last longer than any other civilizational fall before it.
Huh?

Fall of Rome? wtf are you talking about.

The sack of Baghdad.

Two nice buildings. Anything else recently?
Retard. You asked a specific question within the last 500 years . You got an answer. Not my problem that your bigot brain cannot accept it.

Now, fuck off. Don’t you have a cross burning or two to go to?

Forum List

Back