Zone1 Jesus said Few find the Narrow Way to Heaven (so most go to Hell)

I couldn't care less whom you agree with. That passage is a prophecy foretelling us of Christ. And again I'm not arguing it further. Believe what y'all want.. "Everyone" else does
Read Isaiah from beginning to end. It's about Israel. In several places in the OT God refers to Israel as his servant.

Jesus said nothing about heaven in his statement. He said--FEW will find the road that leads off into life. Men's twisting out of their darkness say its heaven.

This is ironic as hell, no pun intended.

Your view is just as good as anyone else's.. assuming you and the someone else are both in error.

But I am not in error, so there's that.

However, I've learned it is nothing short of talking to a wall to try to convince antiCatholic Protestants they may be believing something that is not true.. never met a more hard-headed bunch

It is also the story of then present day Israel/Judah--and a fascinating one at that. Read it only as a prophecy of Jesus and an impressive story of Israel is forgotten when it should be remembered, always.

Douay-Rheims Bible
And the Lord was pleased to bruise him in infirmity: if he shall lay down his life for sin, he shall see a long-lived seed, and the will of the Lord shall be prosperous in his hand.

me: Whom else did God "bruise.. in infirmity" worse than Jesus Christ?

And WHO has "[laid] down his life for sin" besides Jesus? So yeh, I don't know what you're talking about.

ME. I don’t do things for people unless I’m getting compensated in a timely manner. Want me to follow your rules… don’t fuck me over while I’m working and make your payments in a timely manner. I don’t do… “Full payment made at end of service”. Thsts not how I work.
Again, I understand.

Probably 80% of people reading your post here probably wouldn't, but I understand AND admit being angry with God here and there myself. I always seem to "get over it" only to have some other anger-inducing event come along. I think the problem is that God allows the devil so much (too much in the human perspective) leeway and freedom in attacking and testing us believers. THAT causes us to lose patience w/ Him..

I don't know what to say beyond that. I love Jesus.. The Father is... maybe someone we humans just cannot love (well)? I don't know. I never claimed to know everything about God. I do see, though, that humans are always getting angry with God over this or that evil when really, Satan is the one behind it. We wonder why God allows him so much freedom to hurt us, but the fact is, that appears to be the case.

me: Whom else did God "bruise.. in infirmity" worse than Jesus Christ?

And WHO has "[laid] down his life for sin" besides Jesus? So yeh, I don't know what you're talking about.
Seeing the tragedy Israel was going through during the time Isaiah wrote his book takes nothing away from Jesus. It makes the entire story of both more poignant.

The Catholic Church does not teach that those who are not Catholic are going to hell. The Church teaches we do not know who--if anyone--is in hell. This being said, the Church is adamant that hell exists and that it's not so much that God sends people to hell; rather people choose hell.
Jesus said FEW make it. Argue with Him if you don't like it.

But I've lived long enough, seen enough.. watched news enough to realize

Jesus really really meant FEW. Not many that I personally know of live for Jesus in the sense of attempting to obey ALL he says.. lots of cafeteria Christians around

Seeing the tragedy Israel was going through during the time Isaiah wrote his book takes nothing away from Jesus. It makes the entire story of both more poignant.
I never said the psg could not mean to apply to BOTH

But I say it is primarily about JESUS.

After all, there was a NEW religion because of Jesus.. The Catholic Church (the real one) kept a lot of the Jewish traditions and ways of worship, but ditched a lot also..

After my father’s death in 2001 I went on about a three years search. I talked to clergy from pretty much every organized religion down to several quasi-cult groups; including several different flavors of the Catholic Church. I asked one simple question… “Why”.

Not a single one of the organized religions could come up with what I considered a reasonable answer. Many refused to even try. It was only when I started seriously talking to some of the new age, spiritual groups that I found any sort of answer that made any sense. Not perfect sense, but more than the Christian, Catholic, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, etc… answers did.
wow, surada gives this a thumb's down

and all you did was tell your truth. I think Ignore is sounding about right. The word Troll comes to mind.

I've known people like her: just want to stab people w/ words all the time, doesn't seem to care one bit about actually saying anything of import and certainly nothing that would actually HELP anyone.. Yes, I have known more than one person like this. Needless to say, those persons are at a huge distance from me and probably always will be..

Jesus said FEW make it. Argue with Him if you don't like it.

But I've lived long enough, seen enough.. watched news enough to realize

Jesus really really meant FEW. Not many that I personally know of live for Jesus in the sense of attempting to obey ALL he says.. lots of cafeteria Christians around
Jesus was speaking of the Kingdom of God, which for me has always meant more than the afterlife. Jesus said the Kingdom of God was at hand--within reach--in our midst. He was speaking of now, today, this life. And he was speaking of how hard it was to enter into it. Why would I--or anyone--argue with that simple statement? Haven't we all had hours, days, weeks where it was hard to enter into the Kingdom way of living, of interacting with others and even with God? When we find this kingdom, this way of living, we truly try out best to let go of all else we have to have that Kingdom treasure. And we are able to that (mostly) until the next test comes our way. Then we begin. Again.

Probably 80% of people reading your post here probably wouldn't, but I understand AND admit being angry with God here and there myself. I always seem to "get over it" only to have some other anger-inducing event come along. I think the problem is that God allows the devil so much (too much in the human perspective) leeway and freedom in attacking and testing us believers. THAT causes us to lose patience w/ Him..
I don’t do “get over it” very well. I never have and probably never will. Especially when it feels like the instant I try to, I get kicked in the balls again. For the last half century. At a certain point you do two thing… buy a cast iron cup and stop forgiving.

You're senile Robert.
You are a misanthrope... so Christian to be that.
I don’t do “get over it” very well. I never have and probably never will. Especially when it feels like the instant I try to, I get kicked in the balls again. For the last half century. At a certain point you do two thing… buy a cast iron cup and stop forgiving.
I don't get the cup remark. But maybe you adhere to God's laws better than you think? I don't know.. don't know u from Adam but the thing is that primarily we are to avoid sin. Jesus said Sin no more.

So, even if we get really ticked off at God, as long as we do not sin mortally (adultery, fornication, masturbation, divorce-remarry unlawfully, steal, lie, etc) we can make it to Heaven despite this anger with God. That's just me speaking, though.. I can't speak for God on that and have never heard any priest or bishop or pope say what I just said. I just have my own experiences. I have been angry with God more times than i can count. And believe it or not, it feels like HE is causing the anger I feel toward Him, so I just tell Him it can't be helped and of course, He knows all things so.. He knows what's going on. Again, our anger and rage do not change Him. He may change his mind in how to deal w/ us but he doesn't change. So either He wants us in Heaven, wants to save us from hell or he doesn't.. so we have to ask ourselves Which one is it? And after that, it doesn't really matter, it seems.. whether we feel hatred for Him.. because it's really hatred toward what we are going through -- and He knows that.

I know what languages Jesus spoke.

And I use the Douay Rheims bible, the most accurate, and was based on those languages..

And while we are to do all Jesus said in this life, FOR this life.. Jesus was mostly concerned about the next realm. As mentioned, Jesus said that most people do not make it (my words). So really, it seems kind of nit picky to go on about whether he was talking about life now or life later. To me, it is all the same, except that if you obey Jesus in this life, you will have a great one in the next..

And we can look at Luke 16:19 if we want to know about whether or not helping the less fortunate --or not is important to Jesus, important for getting to Heaven. That psg and Mt 25:31 tell us the answer. A lot of "christians" seem to think that if a person is poor, it is entirely his or her own fault.. But Jesus does not seem to look at it this way..
Though Jesus acknowledged that an after-death heaven existed, Jesus devoted his preaching, not to that heaven, but to a Kingdom of Heaven that he said was here and now, near, “at hand” (Mark 1:15). The principal message that Jesus brought to us was the Gospel or “Good News” of the Kingdom of Heaven.

It's not about dying later. It's about living in the here and now. Otherwise it would be of no use to you now.

Though Jesus acknowledged that an after-death heaven existed, Jesus devoted his preaching, not to that heaven, but to a Kingdom of Heaven that he said was here and now, near, “at hand” (Mark 1:15). The principal message that Jesus brought to us was the Gospel or “Good News” of the Kingdom of Heaven.

It's not about dying later. It's about living in the here and now. Otherwise it would be of no use to you now.

The "prosperity doctrine" is a Protestant gimmick... The Megs-Churches use it to get money from the faithful.

Forum List

Back