Why does race matter?

mk159

Rookie
Dec 3, 2014
Why does race matter in day to day forms and activities? Why does the race card always get brought up in arguments?

Why do blacks need law and benefits like AA?? If race doesn't matter???

Shouldn't they be treated the same no matter what. Commit a crime = do the time.

You actually believe AA exists because people are black?

I've been turned down twice for jobs because of AA and I knew both candidates who got the jobs. Neither one was black.

Duh.

What do you mean by reverse racism card?
What do you mean by race card?
Race card as in someone blames another for committing a wrong doing and the accused says," Why do you think that I did that? Because I'm black?" Or they could be any race, not just black.
I thought so. The reverse racism card is played when someone denies they are racist after making a racist statement and pretends the person they made the racist statement to is being sensitive. Basically its a failure to think before you open your mouth and not owning it..

Race card as in someone blames another for committing a wrong doing and the accused says," Why do you think that I did that? Because I'm black?" Or they could be any race, not just black.
I thought so. The reverse racism card is played when someone denies they are racist after making a racist statement and pretends the person they made the racist statement to is being sensitive. Basically its a failure to think before you open your mouth and not owning it..
But why do you think race is even brought up in an argument? When most of the time it's not relevant.

But why do you think race is even brought up in an argument? When most of the time it's not relevant.

Race is brought up here in the US because this country was founded and built on racism. it permeates everything we think and shapes relationships here in the US. If you dont believe me take a look at the news. No matter how you slice it the prevailing issues are around race. They may clean it up and never use the word but you know that's exactly what the discussion is about. There is a reason "illegal aliens" brings to mind brown people from Mexico even though whites are entering the country illegally.

There is no such thing as a 'race card', there is a use of the term as an apologetic for racism but that is simply more racism. For people my age, racism has gone underground and is applied only as a pejorative concept. For people of any age that live in the real world, racism still exists and its display is often in dog whistle words and the statistics of our society. Funny but just this past weekend I heard several racist comments posing as rationalism. Honesty is the hardest thing in life.

This is excellent, stay till end. "Let me finish...."

There is no such thing as a 'race card', there is a use of the term as an apologetic for racism but that is simply more racism. For people my age, racism has gone underground and is applied only as a pejorative concept. For people of any age that live in the real world, racism still exists and its display is often in dog whistle words and the statistics of our society. Funny but just this past weekend I heard several racist comments posing as rationalism. Honesty is the hardest thing in life.

This is excellent, stay till end. "Let me finish...."

Incredibly on point.

Forum List

Back