Zone1 Why don’t USMB Mods sign their work product?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BackAgain

Neutronium Member & truth speaker #StopBrandon
Nov 11, 2021
Red State! Amen.
We get shitty little unsigned memos in our pm telling us when a thread has been deleted or a post has been deleted etc. The PM ‘s are “signed” instead with a question mark. FFS.

IMG_0566.jpeg

The thread in question was IN the badlands already. So why would a Mod deem it necessary to “clean” it up?

You mods don’t sign your work. Ashamed of it? You say if we disagree we can take it up with the Mod, privately. Sure. Except that’s impossible because you don’t let us know which mod did it. So what are we left with? A general complaint to the remaining mods (and hoping that the unknown mod in question steps up or that some other mod or an admin can provide cover)?

Stop hiding behind the question mark. It’s pretty gutless.

We get shitty little unsigned memos in our pm telling us when a thread has been deleted or a post has been deleted etc. The PM ‘s are “signed” instead with a question mark. FFS.

View attachment 803364

The thread in question was IN the badlands already. So why would a Mod deem it necessary to “clean” it up?

You mods don’t sign your work. Ashamed of it? You say if we disagree we can take it up with the Mod, privately. Sure. Except that’s impossible because you don’t let us know which mod did it. So what are we left with? A general complaint to the remaining mods (and hoping that the unknown mod in question steps up or that some other mod or an admin can provide cover)?

I would love to see what you see on those notifications. I didn't even know it was a PM and sometimes wondered if you guy actually saw what we typed, when we clicked the notify member or user box. Gimme a screen shot. If you don't want it on the thread, shoot me the screenshot in a PM.
Also, what thread got actioned in the basement? It has to be pretty bad to hit somebody in the basement.

I would love to see what you see on those notifications. I didn't even know it was a PM and sometimes wondered if you guy actually saw what we typed, when we clicked the notify member or user box. Gimme a screen shot. If you don't want it on the thread, shoot me the screenshot in a PM.
Also, what thread got actioned in the basement? It has to be pretty bad to hit somebody in the basement.
For all I know, it was your handiwork.

View attachment 803364

“Cleaning thread” isn't even a valid reason. The only valid reason to delete a post is that it is a violation of this site's rules, however they are being twisted and interpreted by whatever mod is doing the deed. If you had a post deleted, the stated reason should refer to some written rule that the mod in question is falsely accusing you of having violated.

This is just bullshit.

It's a safe bet that whichever mod did this is too much of a fucking coward to come forward and admit it.

For all I know, it was your handiwork.
Unless you tell me the name of the thread, you's just have to cry yourself to sleep. I can see what it's about, or I don't have to. It's up to you. Makes no real difference to me, but I'm not going to craws around basement looking for it. So tell the name of the thread or live with it.

Unless you tell me the name of the thread, you's just have to cry yourself to sleep. I can see what it's about, or I don't have to. It's up to you. Makes no real difference to me, but I'm not going to craws around basement looking for it. So tell the name of the thread or live with it.
I just sent you a PM.

“Cleaning thread” isn't even a valid reason. The only valid reason to delete a post is that it is a violation of this site's rules, however they are being twisted and interpreted by whatever mod is doing the deed. If you had a post deleted, the stated reason should refer to some written rule that the mod in question is falsely accusing you of having violated.

This is just bullshit.

It's a safe bet that whichever mod did this is too much of a fucking coward to come forward and admit it.
I think a solid rule-based reason ought to be minimally required. Good point.

I quit reading any 'alerts' from mods re my posts being deleted or 'warnings' a long time ago. Most were bullshit, just some mod appeasing one of their pet twinkies or one of their sock accounts getting beat up. They admit to not reading threads and just reacting to twinkie snivels or being trolls themselves.

It used to be. Although the mods have long exercised freedom to stretch the stated rules beyond any rational reading of them, it at least used to be the case that they didn't take action without at least stating which rule was allegedly violated. As much as they now stretch, twist, and distort rules as they wish, perhaps it's a moot point, anyway.

To be honest W6, these Xenforo notices members get are BS. When you get them, you have no idea what post it was so have no idea why or what you did that was so wrong!

To be honest W6, these Xenforo notices members get are BS. When you get them, you have no idea what post it was so have no idea why or what you did that was so wrong!
That seems strange. I do know, when a warning is done, the member is automatically invited to a PM conference and the member seems to who it is for sure then. I've been known to sign my work, though don't all the time. It doesn't seem to make someone happier, their post was deleted. I am aware, even notifying the members when their post has been deleted is up to the Mod and a little surprised it doesn't say who it is coming from, if it comes by PM. Don't know why. It could be the basic Xenforo program. It is commercial software not just for message boards, and I suspect it started out being written as point of sale transaction Database software. Some things it does well some things not so well.

That seems strange. I do know, when a warning is done, the member is automatically invited to a PM conference and the member seems to who it is for sure then. I've been known to sign my work, though don't all the time. It doesn't seem to make someone happier, their post was deleted. I am aware, even notifying the members when their post has been deleted is up to the Mod and a little surprised it doesn't say who it is coming from, if it comes by PM. Don't know why. It could be the basic Xenforo program. It is commercial software not just for message boards, and I suspect it started out being written as point of sale transaction Database software. Some things it does well some things not so well.

No, I'm not talking about warnings or things by PM-- those are separate matters. What I was talking about is the everyday notification that a post was, say, removed for straying from the topic. If the member spent any time there reading and replying to people, they said many things so have no idea which post was removed nor can see it to look and say: "Oh, I see, this is what triggered the deletion!" So the whole thing is self-defeating, and I guess mods just assume we know which post and so why, it triggered a mod action.

I've gotten notices that a post was removed for straying off topic, myself having no idea what I was even talking about on that thread because through the night, people MOVE from topic to topic and discussion to discussion constantly without really thinking about it because the threads people are on change according to ACTIVITY (Alerts list, New Topics or Latest Discussions) based on there being other people there to read and respond to!

I've even gone back through threads looking for the post that was removed thinking, "Oh, it must have been here that I said this that someone complained about---- and everything I could remember posting there was still there! So in the end, I still had no idea what was removed nor why.

This is just bullshit.

“Cleaning thread” isn't even a valid reason. T
When the thread has deviated completely from the OP, steps are sometimes taken to get it back on topic,

If someone sends you a PM, your offense was probably a lot more serious. An unsigned memo is usually the thread has gone off topic and they are removing posts that are off topic to get it back on track.

Perhaps it got the thread completely derailed, but, yes, the Badlands should normally be a free-for -all, so I don't get that.

Um, nobody is making you post here. Their board, their rules. I've gotten posts deleted and I think I've gotten 2 temporary bans over the 12 years I've been here. Kind of the cost of admission.

I would like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that shit posting on an anonymous message board is the most important thing people can do. Forget about jobs, families, personal wellness, etc., SHIT POSTING IS SERIOUS BIDNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blob Hatelock and Sock Again have all the answers to the world's problems, and as wise men, they have chosen USMB to disseminate their vast wisdom.....

Meh, I don't know about the whole "cleansing" thing but by and large it's the wild west here so I don't sweat the odd delete/move a mod makes for whatever reason.

Hell, better than half the time I can't even remember what I posted that they deleted anyway. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back