Why exactly are you unwilling to pay for other people's medical care?

Cartoons now. They're very convincing, though not in the way you intended.

Post more.

... I think it's far better we use those dollars for healthcare for the poor than blow up hospitals killing women and children.

Oh I totally agree with that. Dismantling the welfare state is low on my list of priorities. But it IS part of the problem, especially in the way it encourages people to accept corporatist government.
I don't think it's possible to dismantle the welfare state, not when half the country is receiving benefits. I think at the root of the problem is globalization and that's not going away.

Better trained workers abroad, increased foreign worker productivity, and increased investments abroad, a more stable international climate, and international free trade has put US workers in direct competition with foreign workers who command much lower wages and benefits. This means less jobs at lower pay, particularly for low skilled workers. This trend began years ago and it's not likely to reverse until foreign workers wages and benefits approach that of US workers.

Cutting benefits for the unemployed and low income workers will only drive more people into the workplace pushing wages lower. The result would be more poverty and more demand for government assistance.

The answer is of course creating more jobs for low skilled workers and increasing the productive of the American worker so he is better able to compete with workers abroad.

Cartoons now. They're very convincing, though not in the way you intended.

Post more.
You're not competent to evaluate my intentions.

At least there's no evidence you are.

Or maybe there is...

Maybe that evidence can only be seen by you; in a book, perhaps; that only you have seen; but you don't have it anymore; and no one else has see it either; and no one else will... unless you judge them to be "adult."

Please do. I'd love to read up on it.

The exact figure is in a hardcover book I no longer have in my possession, but if you want an in-depth eye-witness report on what life in one major American city was like just before WWI , there's this:

How The Other Half Lives, by Jacob Riis:

Heh... I don't have time to read an entire book. Can you point me to the section that documents tens of thousands of children freezing to death, every winter, in NYC alone?
As I indicated, I no longer have the hardcover book where I found the number of homeless kids who froze every winter. (AFAIC, one is too many, but there ya go.)

And you don't have to read the entire book I linked to. It's broken down into (short) chapters. Chapters 15-17 will give you some information.
You'd think an annual tragedy of this scale would be mentioned somewhere beside this precous book of yours that you cannot produce.

I'd say there's little worry for "returning" to some time where 10,000 children froze to death every winter in NYC... mostly because no such time ever existed.

Don't see that we're heading back to the 19th century, anyway, unless we're planning to do away with all technological advancements since that time.

Please do. I'd love to read up on it.

The exact figure is in a hardcover book I no longer have in my possession, but if you want an in-depth eye-witness report on what life in one major American city was like just before WWI , there's this:

Heh... I don't have time to read an entire book. Can you point me to the section that documents tens of thousands of children freezing to death, every winter, in NYC alone?
As I indicated, I no longer have the hardcover book where I found the number of homeless kids who froze every winter. (AFAIC, one is too many, but there ya go.)

And you don't have to read the entire book I linked to. It's broken down into (short) chapters. Chapters 15-17 will give you some information.
You'd think an annual tragedy of this scale would be mentioned somewhere beside this precous book of yours that you cannot produce.

I'd say there's little worry for "returning" to some time where 10,000 children froze to death every winter in NYC... mostly because no such time ever existed.

Don't see that we're heading back to the 19th century, anyway, unless we're planning to do away with all technological advancements since that time.
You might better understand why dblack and I were discussing the 19th century if you read that portion of the thread.

You might better understand why dblack and I were discussing the 19th century if you read that portion of the thread.
You might also understand the references to 10,000 children freezing to death each year in NYC if it was something that actually happened.

You might also understand the references to 10,000 children freezing to death each year in NYC if it was something that actually happened.

You claimed you had proof it didn't. I'm still waiting for that.

I made no such claim. I wouldn't; I don't have to prove a negative, Princess.

You claimed you read all the newspapers extant at the time and didn't find anything.

You claimed you read all the newspapers extant at the time and didn't find anything.
You're just making that up too.

Orly?

Why exactly are you unwilling to pay for other people's medical care? | Page 4 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Orly?

Why exactly are you unwilling to pay for other people's medical care? | Page 4 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
Yeah. Really.

Is that link meaningful? Like your link to the book that doesn't say 10,000 children froze to death in NYC?

Is that link meaningful?

Considering that you claimed it didn't exist, yes.

Bored now.

I'll give you the last word. I'm sure it will be something completely original like "I accept your surrender/concession/whatever."

Is that link meaningful?

Considering that you claimed it didn't exist, yes.

Bored now.

I'll give you the last word. I'm sure it will be something completely original like "I accept your surrender/concession/whatever."
I didn't say that link didn't exist, Princess.

And that link is meaningless to any claim I've made.

So in the end, you've just demonstrated to every one who can click your link that you just make shit up and expect everyone to accept your unsubstantiated claims as verifiable fact.

Forum List

Back