Why Handball is My favorite Sport

Here's a singles match and you can see that it's a pretty good sport. Some of these guys can hit almost as hard as a racquetball player. Notice the diversity of people on that court. In short, I think it's all about treating people with respect and being a true man or woman.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CemVOhMyFls]Handball: Rockaway Beach Open Singles Finals: Han vs Chilly Willy - YouTube[/ame]

It took a while for the handball player to adjust, but check out the outcome.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcEAO3IGOsY]Albert vs Geo - YouTube[/ame]

You don't see many people who are involved in any sport at a high level who harbor the idiotic racial notions that some of the ignorant weaklings here give vent to on a regular basis. Some, yes, but they are the distinct 'minority' (if you will). It's hard to cling to false, empty generalizations when you have extensive, personal interaction with any people(S). Of course racists, being fundamentally cowards, hide among what they want to imagine is 'their kind' and their sheltered personal experiences allow them to wallow in their irrational fears and ignorant misunderstandings.

You don't see many people who are involved in any sport at a high level who harbor the idiotic racial notions that some of the ignorant weaklings here give vent to on a regular basis. Some, yes, but they are the distinct 'minority' (if you will). It's hard to cling to false, empty generalizations when you have extensive, personal interaction with any people(S). Of course racists, being fundamentally cowards, hide among what they want to imagine is 'their kind' and their sheltered personal experiences allow them to wallow in their irrational fears and ignorant misunderstandings.

Exactly!

Exactly!
Consigning.

I think team sports takes race out of the picture.
Members of a "team" are focused on playing together toward a common goal...
Race issues are left out of it...

Sports is one of the greatest things we have.
The outcome is not scripted and anything can happen...

I think team sports takes race out of the picture.
Members of a "team" are focused on playing together toward a common goal...
Race issues are left out of it...

Sports is one of the greatest things we have.
The outcome is not scripted and anything can happen...

Excellent points.

You are not to mention my family or anyone else's in that, or any other way, again. Do you understand, punk? Don't forget it.

Last edited:
You are not to mention family in that, or any other way again. Do you understand, punk? Don't forget it.

Yeah, that was a pretty PUNK thing for that moron to say, he doesn't know you or your family, so it's all just a lewd fantasy on that the poster has.

You can see who the true assholes are when they come into a thread that starts for positive reasons and then add their negativity to it. It's quite obvious that many of them are mental midgets who most likely have serous flaws in their "real, walking around life". I to talk to people here like am talking to them in person, instead of acting like an internet "tough guy".

If you look at this video, you see people of four different ethnicities/"races" playing the game, competing, and getting along. The guy in the maroon shirt and white shorts was a long time champion and competitor in New York and internationally. Ten years ago and more, speaking for myself and some other I know, we could go to any park and any neighborhood and play unscathed, as long as we all followed the basic tents of respect four yourself and other people.

Found a park with good players - YouTube

Ok, but why is it your favorite sport?

I tend to favor individual sports like boxing, martial arts, handball, tennis, real wrestling, squash, tennis, etc. I like handball because it's a sport that is accessible to almost anyone who can afford to literally spend a couple of bucks on a can of ball or in some locations less than a dollar for a single ball. I like it because many times, depending on location, it transcends race and people gain friends from many different ethnic groups and walks of life. I don't know if you remember Mike Tyson's old manager Jim Jacobs, but he was a handball legend at one time.

I remember that Jim Jacobs was a legendary handball player, and he was also one of the most ethical boxing managers around. too bad his life was cut short by illness. Had he survived, I think Mike Tyons career would have gone much differently.

I tend to favor individual sports like boxing, martial arts, handball, tennis, real wrestling, squash, tennis, etc.

I thought handball was played in teams. Anyway, what's your wrestling background?

There's something called "team handball" that is mostly played in Europe, but handball in America, Ireland, etc. is played on one, three, or four walls.
US Handball Association - Home

I wrestled in High School 30 years ago, and used some skills from wrestling when practicing martial arts (JKD, Muay Thai) for decades now.

JKD as in Jeet Kune Do?

I thought handball was played in teams. Anyway, what's your wrestling background?

There's something called "team handball" that is mostly played in Europe, but handball in America, Ireland, etc. is played on one, three, or four walls.

I wrestled in High School 30 years ago, and used some skills from wrestling when practicing martial arts (JKD, Muay Thai) for decades now.

JKD as in Jeet Kune Do?

That's correct Brother!

JKD as in Jeet Kune Do?

That's correct Brother!

Bruce Lees style...."The way of the intercepting fist"...or "the water eventually wears down the rock"

Forum List

Back