Why hasn't the U.S. had a female leader yet in its history?

Grace Is Stoked

Gold Member
Jan 23, 2019
It's interesting and confusing to me that in this country's 243 years it still has not elected a female leader or even a female vice president for that matter. Right now there are 20+ nations around the world with female leaders (either prime minister or president). Nations such as Norway, Germany, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, New Zealand, Belgium, Estonia, Greece, Slovakia, Georgia, Serbia, and more. Many of these countries along with others have not only elected a female prime minister or president one time but numerous times, and a good percentage of them are a younger age, 30's and 40's, in comparison to our elected politicians which seem to average in age in the 60's and 70's. Most of these countries have been independent sovereign nations for less time than the U.S. has as well. I guess my question is bluntly, why haven't we elected a female president yet? It's not like we don't have talent here in my opinion.

It's interesting and confusing to me that in this country's 243 years it still has not elected a female leader or even a female vice president for that matter. Right now there are 20+ nations around the world with female leaders (either prime minister or president). Nations such as Norway, Germany, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, New Zealand, Belgium, Estonia, Greece, Slovakia, Georgia, Serbia, and more. Many of these countries along with others have not only elected a female prime minister or president one time but numerous times, and a good percentage of them are a younger age, 30's and 40's, in comparison to our elected politicians which seem to average in age in the 60's and 70's. Most of these countries have been independent sovereign nations for less time than the U.S. has as well. I guess my question is bluntly, why haven't we elected a female president yet? It's not like we don't have talent here in my opinion.
You forgot England, Margaret Thatcher.

Good point. Would you be willing to support have Ivanka succeed Donald J Trump as our President?

Well I was listing countries that have female leaders, either president or prime minister, right now and not just in their nation's past.

Well I was listing countries that have female leaders, either president or prime minister, right now and not just in their nation's past.
Okay.

It is shocking that our leadership has been drawn from only one-half of the population. Moreover, history tells us that the performance in office of our leadership has ranged from excellent to truly sucking.

In the past many nations have been led by broads.

Russia led by Catherine the Great and Elizabeth, Egypt by Cleopatra, England by Elizabeth I and Mary Tudor

Good point. Would you be willing to support have Ivanka succeed Donald J Trump as our President?

It would depend on what she wants for the country and who she would be running against.

It would depend on what she wants for the country and who she would be running against.

Let's say, just for the sake of argument, that Ivanka seeks a continuation of Donald J Trump's policies, but with a feminine touch. And suppose she was running against some dude.

Russia led by Catherine the Great and Elizabeth, Egypt by Cleopatra, England by Elizabeth I and Mary Tudor

I agree.

Let's say, just for the sake of argument, that Ivanka seeks a continuation of Donald J Trump's policies, but with a feminine touch. And suppose she was running against some dude.

If she were to continue her father's policies then I would probably not vote for her at this time.

Look how many women ran for POTUS in the dem primary in 2020.

I agree.

If she were to continue her father's policies then I would probably not vote for her at this time.

Even if she was running against some dude? Don't you think that women deserve to elect one of their own as president?

I'm
Because American politics is still basically a good old boys club and the only reason Hillary got to be a candidate is because she rode the coattails of her husband to the top of the Party.

I don't have any problems with any woman leaders in this country. But I rather have one who is going to take the country FORWARD. Not backward. In the case of Hillary Clinton, she would have taken this country backward. Because of WHO she was as Secretary of State and a Senator. Her record speaks for itself. Matter of fact, any woman in the Democrat Party would take this country backward.
If there is a woman who believes in true transparency and is not part of the globalist elite, or she has never had pandered to the Democrat Party, I will vote for her. Until then, America is not ready yet.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm

Forum List

Back