"Why Hearsay Isn't A Problem For Congress In Impeachment Hearings"

mascale

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2009
Whereas an Impeachment Trial is posted over and over again to not be a Courtroom Trial, the Senate Impeachment Rules do allow that the Presiding Officer can rely on Federal Rules of Evidence, and their Exceptions. The Presiding Officer will be Chief Justice Roberts, and rulings can be made--and clearly as a practical, political matter.

Why hearsay isn't a problem for Congress in impeachment hearings

The matter can be likened to inquiries of investigative police officials: At all levels of the criminal justice arena of show and tell in the United States. Problems then arise in appeals to the courts from impeachment matters, even.

The GOP focus on processes of defense is more political than about exacting procedure. The problem for GOP is that it needs an outcome that constituents can believe in, instead of not.

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Matt 25: 14-30, Usury Economics: Found hard to live with, even at start of 21st Century(?)!)

JosefSmile.jpg

Oh I get it now! It's "not a problem" that a minority party contorts Impeachment rules into a weapon to attack a sitting President. Then of course there is no problem for every future minority party to immediately launch an Impeachment campaign against the new President, right?

Let's just have our government become an endless loop of what the Democrats have done since 2016. Doesn't that sound great?

Democrats and voters will get their chance to remove Trump in the 2020 election in only a few months time, so why the desperation to impeach him libs? I think we all know the reason why.

Some wonder if Chief Justice Roberts will start to compel testimony from Mulvaney, Bolton, Pompeo and others. The Speaker of the House already opened the door for the President to offer testimony, too!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(How many tribes were consulted before allegedly exiled Prince of Egypt, self-extolling Moses: Finally settle on some around Sinai to become Usury Economics agents of subjugating Pharaoh?)

Doesn't bother me one bit! You've got your deniers and misinformation chiefs on the GOP side and the Chaos King and his band of crooks at the White House. I see where the "contortions" come from... They are doing a good job misleading the country and defending the liar and theif in the oval office. We have our justice "Joe's"....

Forum List

Back