Why I ain’t a Republican

Supposn

Gold Member
Jul 26, 2009
Why I ain’t a Republican

Quote: Originally Posted by Wry Catcher
... Henry Ford had a different idea, pay those who made his cars a wage allowing them to buy the product they made. Seems to make more sense and why I believe we must elect officials able to save Capitalism from the Capitalists.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Rabbi and Wiseacre, you’re both correct. Henry Ford’s labor problem and his solution were motivated by self interest rather than altruism. Certainly self interest and profit are not indecent or unusual goals.

Wry Catcher correctly described the consequences of the example that Ford set. Regardless of Ford’s motivation, greater purchasing power of the median wage is the defining characteristic of a robust middle income population segment.

I’m among those that believed the exorbitant concentration of wealth of the extremely fortunate few and the extremely slim segment of middle income earners of the 1920s’ heralded the poorer economic conditions that followed. I shudder when I consider that the NY Stock market is at historic high while the purchasing power of the median wage hardly increases and too often it has actually decreased.

The difference between the “roaring twenties” economy and that of today is the “New Deal” policies that were enacted during the great 1930’s depression. The excesses and the deliberate financial frauds of the “Roaring Twenties” that was rampant then is very similar to the saving and loan fiasco and the credit crunch that we’ve have witnessed. A major difference between then and now is the “New Deal” policies that were enacted during the great 1930’s depression. Due to those laws our economy is much better than otherwise.

It’s been 68 years since FDR was buried and the Republican Party is still trying to reverse history. There are always those confusing their own best interests and that of our nation’s economy. Consider if Wall Street political donors had succeeded to induce the privatization of Social Security system. Within normal cycles of commerce there are recessions. What if your retirement occurred simultaneously with a depression of stock market prices?

Wry Catcher, what do you mean by saving "Capitalism from the Capitalists"?

Respectfully, Supposn

I'm not sure if this is a fair comparison. Today's economy doesn't have anywhere close to the amount of manufacturing as it did in Ford's heyday.

I would feel uncomfortable belonging to a party that's 90% white who lets people show up at their rallies wearing "Put White Back In the White House" T shirts.

I'm not sure if this is a fair comparison. Today's economy doesn't have anywhere close to the amount of manufacturing as it did in Ford's heyday.

Daktoria, refer to:
http://www.usmessageboard.com/econo...significantly-reduce-usa-s-trade-deficit.html

or google Wikipedia import certificate

Respectfully, Supposn

It's a good idea, but as long as neoconservative, globalist, free trade, consumerism dominates America, it's not going to work. This is especially in considering how American manufacturing has plummeted, and women are the majority of white collar positions who don't want to give them up:

http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s0616.pdf

http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s0620.pdf

Why I ain’t a Republican

... Henry Ford had a different idea, pay those who made his cars a wage allowing them to buy the product they made. Seems to make more sense and why I believe we must elect officials able to save Capitalism from the Capitalists.

Rabbi and Wiseacre, you’re both correct. Henry Ford’s labor problem and his solution were motivated by self interest rather than altruism. Certainly self interest and profit are not indecent or unusual goals.

Wry Catcher correctly described the consequences of the example that Ford set. Regardless of Ford’s motivation, greater purchasing power of the median wage is the defining characteristic of a robust middle income population segment.(snip...)

Yet the conservatives of the time called him a Bolshevik! The more things change, the more they stay the same. :cool:

Stay out of the Republican party there is no room for people who have such uninformed jaded BS opinions.

Be a democrat the party of Slavery, secession, segregation, Jim Crow, poll taxes, and the KKK.

I'll stay in the party of Lincoln.

It has been 6 years of Democrat dominance and four years of Obama and yet the left wing liberals still blame the minority party, quite the state of delusion. Brag about winning elections then claim nothing is their fault. Like little girls on the playground.

Learn a skill, learn a trade but don't blame anyone else for the wages you receive because of decisions YOU made. Don't blame capitalists on your going to college and the same professors that taught you to hate the country and capitalism give you an English degree that the only usefulness is to wipe you butt with it.

I see so much opportunity for people in this day and age. The baby boomers are going to retire if Obama and the democrats quite f...king up the economy. When that happens people with the right skill set will be making all the money. Those who don't well whose fault is that?

So stay a democrat and try and make a living bitching about those who do make a living. Maybe someday howling at the Moon will pay off.

Stay out of the Republican party there is no room for people who have such uninformed jaded BS opinions.

Be a democrat the party of Slavery, secession, segregation, Jim Crow, poll taxes, and the KKK.

Living in the past? No wonder conservatives are having trouble handling the present! :lol:

Why I ain’t a Republican

Wry Catcher correctly described the consequences of the example that Ford set. Regardless of Ford’s motivation, greater purchasing power of the median wage is the defining characteristic of a robust middle income population segment.(snip...)

Yet the conservatives of the time called him a Bolshevik! The more things change, the more they stay the same. :cool:

yeah, but the conservatives at the time were the liberals of today. Remember your talking points. The racist democrat transformed into Republicans because the party formed to end the Slavery of the democrat party all of a sudden became appealing to all the racists in the democrat party and the party of slavery became appealing to those who were in the Republican party. With that kind of logic it is small wonder democrats would have a hard time finding a job.

BTW, do you have a cite for your Bolshevik comment? Or are we to just believe it was actually said, kinda like believing in Big Foot?

Last edited:
Why I ain’t a Republican

yeah, but the conservatives at the time were the liberals of today. Remember your talking points. The racist democrat transformed into Republicans because the party formed to end the Slavery of the democrat party all of a sudden became appealing to all the racists in the democrat party and the party of slavery became appealing to those who were in the Republican party. With that kind of logic it is small wonder democrats would have a hard time finding a job.

All I know is that you just said the Republicans are now the racist party!!! Way to step in it! :lol:

Living in the past? No wonder conservatives are having trouble handling the present! :lol:

Not at all, kind of like, and not comparing the two, I would never belong to the Nazi party even if it were completely made up of Catholic Nuns.

History is history and the Democrat party is the party of all I named above, nothing will ever change that. The only thing that has changed is how the democrats treat their blacks. Abortion is nothing less then eugenics, gun control keeping the black man disarmed, legalized drugs keeping the black man sedated, welfare keeping the black man unemployed...the list could go on and on. But I know what you are going to say before you say it, you can't be racist you have a black friend in the WH.. Too funny you democrats.

All I know is that you just said the Republicans are now the racist party!!! Way to step in it! :lol:

Of course sarcasm is lost on you.

Not at all, kind of like, and not comparing the two, I would never belong to the Nazi party even if it were completely made up of Catholic Nuns.

History is history and the Democrat party is the party of all I named above, nothing will ever change that. The only thing that has changed is how the democrats treat their blacks. Abortion is nothing less then eugenics, gun control keeping the black man disarmed, legalized drugs keeping the black man sedated, welfare keeping the black man unemployed...the list could go on and on. But I know what you are going to say before you say it, you can't be racist you have a black friend in the WH.. Too funny you democrats.

You have the typical smarts of people who use the term "Democrat party", i.e. very little. :cool:

Wow. So few words. So much slap down. And I can tell it wasn't maliciously intended. It was just simple truth.

Forum List

Back