Why I want Trump's policies to be passed......

Who wants to live in the overseas branch of the Blue Wall?

After I find my Moron-to-English dictionary, I'll respond to your inane post....

here's the question for your half brain...Is America great or not???

Can't we all admit the OP represents the majority of liberals, whose base has failed, and now they wish failure on all of us? It's consistent with their fight against all things American traditional. They prefer chaos & confusion over their own country. That and misery loves company.

A woman who uses Meals on Wheels said she would still support Trump if he cut it.

So I wouldn't automatically assume anything in hoping his voters will wake up that he could not care less about them.

Chill out TN, she's trying to break William Jennings Bryan's record of 3 Presidential Election Loses, at which point she gets a free copy of "Time to Change Careers For Complete Idiots" and a purdy golden participation trophy.

I'm an old male, you fucking moron (I realize that you racist, misogynist pigs think that only a female could be a liberal).......

I was talking about Hillary Clinton ya moron... and last time I checked SHE is a FEMALE.

Learn how to fucking read.

I mean this in all honesty, I DO want for Trump's policies and agenda to be enacted.
I can understand the strategy, but the GOP is essentially two parties. So I'd think it's more likely it won't be able to get much of substance done.

Just saw an article about how the "Freedom" Caucus is warming to the new health care law while the moderates are souring on it.

The party has to figure out how to govern, and they'd better figure it out pretty quickly.

Just saw an article about how the "Freedom" Caucus is warming to the new health care law while the moderates are souring on it.
Ummm... yeah Mac that's what happens in politics when compromises are made to satisfy one group at the expense of another group, the whole point of the Freedom Caucus holding out on the first go around was to get things that they wanted included in the Bill of course the moderates who are the basically the opposite wing of the party are working to get what they want; ultimately the goal is to meet somewhere in the middle where no side gets everything they want but get enough to satisfy them.

The party has to figure out how to govern, and they'd better figure it out pretty quickly.
What's going on now is GOVERNING (United States style), it's give and take between various political interests (Freedom Caucus takes some, Moderates give some and vice versa), the Democrats are the ones that have the problem with Governing since they're basically sitting on their hands saying "NO COMPROMISE" (just like the Republicans did for 8 years under Obama) and thus are being left completely out of the policy negotiations. If they'd give in some they might actually get something that they want, like what's happening on the spending authorization negotiations.

Ummm... yeah Mac that's what happens in politics when compromises are made to satisfy one group at the expense of another group, the whole point of the Freedom Caucus holding out on the first go around was to get things that they wanted included in the Bill of course the moderates who are the basically the opposite wing of the party are working to get what they want; ultimately the goal is to meet somewhere in the middle where no side gets everything they want but get enough to satisfy them.

What's going on now is GOVERNING (United States style), it's give and take between various political interests (Freedom Caucus takes some, Moderates give some and vice versa), the Democrats are the ones that have the problem with Governing since they're basically sitting on their hands saying "NO COMPROMISE" (just like the Republicans did for 8 years under Obama) and thus are being left completely out of the policy negotiations. If they'd give in some they might actually get something that they want, like what's happening on the spending authorization negotiations.
Well, we'll see how they do. They've already completely collapsed on their dishonest (or ignorant, not sure) promise to repeal the ACA, and the wheels are turning pretty slowly. The ramp-up for the 2018 elections has begun, and there are several promises that can't seem to get off the ground. Funding for the wall being the latest.

Well, we'll see how they do. They've already completely collapsed on their dishonest (or ignorant, not sure) promise to repeal the ACA, and the wheels are turning pretty slowly. The ramp-up for the 2018 elections has begun, and there are several promises that can't seem to get off the ground. Funding for the wall being the latest.
IMHO their mistake was pushing the Health Reform Bill WAY too early before getting a buy in from all sides and spending time working the sales pitch, it appears that the White House is primarily responsible for that screw up since it was a "100 day" promise and they wanted to get something done fast to get a political win, Congress doesn't move at that speed and it was never designed to.

Funding for the wall is an example of bi-partisan compromise, they gave in something to the Democrats to get cooperation on appropriations, as it turns out the Republicans are likely getting the better end of that deal since "The Wall" isn't politically popular but "Border Security" is, so they to kick that "Wall" can down the road in the hopes that the sales pitch for "The Wall" will gain traction.

IMHO their mistake was pushing the Health Reform Bill WAY too early before getting a buy in from all sides and spending time working the sales pitch, it appears that the White House is primarily responsible for that screw up since it was a "100 day" promise and they wanted to get something done fast to get a political win, Congress doesn't move at that speed and it was never designed to.

Funding for the wall is an example of bi-partisan compromise, they gave in something to the Democrats to get cooperation on appropriations, as it turns out the Republicans are likely getting the better end of that deal since "The Wall" isn't politically popular but "Border Security" is, so they to kick that "Wall" can down the road in the hopes that the sales pitch for "The Wall" will gain traction.
Yeah, it was bad enough that they went straight to health care, but unforgivable that they did so with ZERO of their ducks in a row. That's political malpractice right there. And I'd think they'd better not kick the ball TOO far down the road, because obviously that was a key (and constantly repeated, along with the ACA) promise of the campaign.

Yeah, it was bad enough that they went straight to health care, but unforgivable that they did so with ZERO of their ducks in a row. That's political malpractice right there. And I'd think they'd better not kick the ball TOO far down the road, because obviously that was a key (and constantly repeated, along with the ACA) promise of the campaign.
Personally I chalk up the Health Care boondoggle to an inexperienced President that's used to being a CEO and thus ruling by fiat as well as the Republican Congress Critters having some irrational exuberance over their big election win. I don't expect that they'll make that sort of mistake again, on the other hand it's never wise to underestimate the stupidity of the inhabitants of Washington D.C.

I'm betting that you're going to see "Wall" funding resurface in late 2017/early 2018 since that's about long enough for Donald Duck to get his head around how the appropriations process actually works.

IMHO the most interesting battle is coming up with Tax Reform, it's a long shot but if the Republicrats can pull it off it'll be a gigantic political victory for 'em and if it's done right a significant boost to the domestic economy.

Personally I chalk up the Health Care boondoggle to an inexperienced President that's used to being a CEO and thus ruling by fiat as well as the Republican Congress Critters having some irrational exuberance over their big election win. I don't expect that they'll make that sort of mistake again, on the other hand it's never wise to underestimate the stupidity of the inhabitants of Washington D.C.

I'm betting that you're going to see "Wall" funding resurface in late 2017/early 2018 since that's about long enough for Donald Duck to get his head around how the appropriations process actually works.

IMHO the most interesting battle is coming up with Tax Reform, it's a long shot but if the Republicrats can pull it off it'll be a gigantic political victory for 'em and if it's done right a significant boost to the domestic economy.
Yeah, tax reform is the third big one. I've heard it will even tougher than health care, so here we go.

I want tax reform passed.

I want them to slash tax rates, broaden the tax base and close loopholes like they did in 1986.

But the whores is Congress with their special interests won't let them.

I mean this in all honesty, I DO want for Trump's policies and agenda to be enacted....Like his plan to eradicate the ACA...his plan to drastically cut taxes for his rich buddies WHILE borrowing money to build his beautiful wall.....his plan to revert to coal firing plants, etc.

WHY?.....Well, the answer is rather simple.

As the latest poll states that 96% of trump voters STILL support him, it is obvious that they
re either too dumb to realize the huge mistake they made in helping to elect a fraud.....OR, that they need to be kicked in their respective groin to finally realize how they are getting screwed.

So far these Trump ass lickers are gloating over having satisfied their rabid hatred of Obama and Clinton, and are still high over their win; never mind that the entire planet thinks that we're nuts.

The very best way to oust the orange clown and his billionaire cabinet, is to let them screw their own base of nitwits. Only then will this clueless base wake up to the fact that it wasn't ONLY democrats who lost.....

Those who support Trump will do so regardless of the result of his policies

Whatever happens, Trump will LIE about the results and the rightwing media will support him
Whatever goes wrong....Trump will blame the Democrats and blame the media for reporting it

I want tax reform passed.

I want them to slash tax rates, broaden the tax base and close loopholes like they did in 1986.

But the whores is Congress with their special interests won't let them.

IMHO I think it's likely they'll get some of it passed but not everything that Trump says he wants... probably something like a 20% corporate rate and the 10% repatriation rate he's asking for, along with minor loophole closure and reduction in rates for the middle class workers and small businesses. Democrats are starting to come on board (Stabenow for example) and this should be something they can work together on, especially given the fact that the Tax Code as it stands now is a national embarrassment.

Forum List

Back