Why is Congress just now trying to stop China from buying land in USA?!

justaschmuck9

Platinum Member
Aug 1, 2022

This story blew my mind the first time I heard about it. I never dreamed we were allowing China to buy land in our country, much less land 14 miles away from a military installation.

My God, does anyone in our govt have a freaking BRAIN?

(if you have to ask...)

:bang3:

This story blew my mind the first time I heard about it. I never dreamed we were allowing China to buy land in our country, much less land 14 miles away from a military installation.

(if you have to ask...)

It's called foreign direct investment, and the US is the most attractive place to invest. But I totally agree that we'd be wise to be real careful about allowing foreign ownership of US farmland, particularly at a time when there's a growing water and food crisis.

It's called foreign direct investment, and the US is the most attractive place to invest. But I totally agree that we'd be wise to be real careful about allowing foreign ownership of US farmland, particularly at a time when there's a growing water and food crisis.
no, no...

particularly when it is OUR ENEMY who is trying to buy land!

These people are out for world dominance. They hate us.

Let's try to get this through liberals' and others' thick heads:

E N E M Y

Now, Boys and Girls, can you explain what that word means?

:45:

(if you have to ask...)

They don't want anything like their real responsibilities to get in the way of their witch hunts.

(if you have to ask...)

This should have been stopped years ago. May be to little too late.

Maybe??

this burns me more than a lot of other news..

And it reminds us that Congress is always "acting" when it is too late (when they don't really want to act, in other words... bc there is the usual important thing involved..

the green stuff)

Maybe??

this burns me more than a lot of other news..

And it reminds us that Congress is always "acting" when it is too late (when they don't really want to act, in other words... bc there is the usual important thing involved..

the green stuff)
Agree. point taken.

no, no...

particularly when it is OUR ENEMY who is trying to buy land!

These people are out for world dominance. They hate us.

Let's try to get this through liberals' and others' thick heads:

E N E M Y

Now, Boys and Girls, can you explain what that word means?

:45:

When the real estate crisis of 2008-9 hit, some of the first people to buy up property and stabilize the residential real estate market were foreign investors, which included Chinese nationals.

But for the record, I'm not disagreeing with you that, this is different. We wouldn't let hostile foreign powers buy rights to a major American seaport, and we should be careful about allowing major foreign powers to buy up farmland.

I'm only pointing out that in different times, this wouldn't seem so insane. Foreign direct investment is a thing. But now? It's complicated.

I've been saying for years that only American citizens should be able to purchase land in the US. This is particularly important when it comes to the CCP. They sell the US trinkets and then buy the real property out from under us with our own money. Liberal morons in the US just don't get it.

When the real estate crisis of 2008-9 hit, some of the first people to buy up property and stabilize the residential real estate market were foreign investors, which included Chinese nationals.

But for the record, I'm not disagreeing with you that, this is different. We wouldn't let hostile foreign powers buy rights to a major American seaport, and we should be careful about allowing major foreign powers to buy up farmland.

I'm only pointing out that in different times, this wouldn't seem so insane. Foreign direct investment is a thing. But now? It's complicated.
I don't think it is. It's as simple as this: China LIES its ass off and buys our politicians. Now we are allowing them to buy our land. What next? They get a vote because they own land?

I am just so thoroughly disgusted with congress... which has an abysmally low approval rating... lower than bidum's even.!

I've been saying for years that only American citizens should be able to purchase land in the US. This is particularly important when it comes to the CCP. They sell the US trinkets and then buy the real property out from under us with our own money. Liberal morons in the US just don't get it.
maybe they get it but they are into the big $$ in DC, so they don't care about us schmucky little people.

the sorry bastards..

No wonder people love Trump... He seems to care about everyone... OK, almost everyone.. But in any case, he objectively knows what is best for t his country, which always means: best for EVERYONE therein.

Yes, Rs could use some work also.. They are blind to a few issues... but again, they are far closer to perfect than...

ha ha... can't even say it, it's so freaking obvious.. like saying water is wet..

(if you have to ask...)

I live in an area of Canada referred to as "Foodland Ontario". Just before I retired in 2016, I completed the legal work on the sale of a 100 acre farm in the nearby countryside to a man who had recently emigrated to Canada from China. We acted for the Canadian vendor who was selling out and retiring. The sale price was right around a $1 million, and the Chinese farmer paid CASH.

Like you, I'm wondering why we're selling some of the best farm land in Canada to Chinese nationals, and where the hell does a peasant farmer in a communist country get $1 million dollars to pay cash for this property????

(if you have to ask...)

Congress is the proper authority to handle the legislation.

Damn those Founding Fathers!

I live in an area of Canada referred to as "Foodland Ontario". Just before I retired in 2016, I completed the legal work on the sale of a 100 acre farm in the nearby countryside to a man who had recently emigrated to Canada from China. We acted for the Canadian vendor who was selling out and retiring. The sale price was right around a $1 million, and the Chinese farmer paid CASH.

Like you, I'm wondering why we're selling some of the best farm land in Canada to Chinese nationals, and where the hell does a peasant farmer in a communist country get $1 million dollars to pay cash for this property????
Could be directly from the Chinese government, that is just a guess however.

Then how would you get overseas companies to build manufacturing facilities in the USA if they can't buy land. Or Snowbird vacationers who buy condos in Arizona and Florida.

I'd be more concerned about all of the money China gave to American universities. I know that since Trump started his trade war, that Chinese investment in the US stopped.

The Chinese bought the Democrat Party a long time ago.

The Chinese bought the Democrat Party a long time ago.
And the Bush wing of the GOP along with it.

Forum List

Back