Why Is Donald Trump Still So Horribly Witless About the World?

C_Clayton_Jones

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2011
‘Max Boot, a lifelong conservative who advised three Republican Presidential candidates on foreign policy, keeps a folder labelled “Trump Stupidity File” on his computer. It’s next to his “Trump Lies” file. “Not sure which is larger at this point,” he told me this week. “It’s neck-and-neck.”

Six months into the Trump era, foreign-policy officials from eight past Administrations told me they are aghast that the President is still so witless about the world. “He seems as clueless today as he was on January 20th,” Boot, who is now a senior fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations, said. Trump’s painful public gaffes, they warn, indicate that he’s not reading, retaining, or listening to his Presidential briefings. And the newbie excuse no longer flies.’

Why Is Donald Trump Still So Horribly Witless about the World?

Obviously Trump supporters are just as witless and clueless.

Max Boot and all the other brilliant, truthful experts who have it all figured out have been gracing us with their wisdom to the point the country is nearly destroyed, the entire world hates us (except Israel, which only has contempt for us), and we've saddled the next generation with bloodshed, strife, and debt. So we decided to try a stupid liar and see how that goes.

‘Max Boot, a lifelong conservative who advised three Republican Presidential candidates on foreign policy, keeps a folder labelled “Trump Stupidity File” on his computer. It’s next to his “Trump Lies” file. “Not sure which is larger at this point,” he told me this week. “It’s neck-and-neck.”

Six months into the Trump era, foreign-policy officials from eight past Administrations told me they are aghast that the President is still so witless about the world. “He seems as clueless today as he was on January 20th,” Boot, who is now a senior fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations, said. Trump’s painful public gaffes, they warn, indicate that he’s not reading, retaining, or listening to his Presidential briefings. And the newbie excuse no longer flies.’

You mean like crushing isis....getting the Nato countries to actually pay "Their fair share" for defending themselves.....you mean like that?

Max Boot is a fake.
I saw him a few weeks ago on Tucker Carlson.
I don't know what he claims to be, but he couldn't even carry off one minute as a conservative before he started sounding like a triggered Snowflake.
He is a liar and a flake.
Anything this dickhead says is nothing more than his own liberally biased opinion.

since you never reply to questions asked of you about the shit you put up,i must assume you are also witless and clueless about the shit you throw up.....care to comment jones?...

‘“Trump has an appalling ignorance of the current world, of history, of previous American engagement, of what former Presidents thought and did,” Geoffrey Kemp, who worked at the Pentagon during the Ford Administration and at the National Security Council during the Reagan Administration, reflected. “He has an almost studious rejection of the type of in-depth knowledge that virtually all of his predecessors eventually gained or had views on.”
[…]
“The President has little understanding of the context”—of what’s happening in the world—“and even less interest in hearing the people who want to deliver it,” Michael Hayden, a retired four-star general and former director of both the C.I.A. and the National Security Agency, told me. “He’s impatient, decision-oriented, and prone to action. It’s all about the present tense. When he asks, ‘What the hell’s going on in Iraq?’ people around him have learned not to say, ‘Well, in 632 . . . ’ ” (That was the year when the Prophet Muhammad died, prompting the beginning of the Sunni-Shiite split.*)

“He just doesn’t have an interest in the world,” Hayden said.’ ibid

So much for the notion of the ‘outsider president.’

Trump’s failed ‘presidency’ clearly demonstrates that sound, responsible governance is the purview of experienced professionals, those with a background in governing, and those with an interest and willingness to gain knowledge and experience to govern better, unlike Trump.

Thread moved to Politics.

Forum List

Back