Why is it a bad idea WS pay back the tax payers who bailed them out?

Surely you two lefties aren't supporting "trickle down"?
The bailout was about maintaining some equilibrium in the face of the already messed up economy. No liberal thought we would get rich because they were being bailed.
Is that why CEOs were getting millions of dollar bonuses and shit? Because the economy was messed up?
Have you ever heard of Robert Rubin? He was Bill cLintons Treasury Sec. He was ALL ABOUT GLBA. After Rubin left his administration, he went to work for CITI. Right after the crash he retired with a 125M dollar bonus. Food for thought.
The CEO's got million dollar bonuses because that was negotiated in their contracts. The economy being messed up wasnt an excuse that would stand up in court. One would think you would be happy they got those bonuses being a rightie and all.
IDC what companies do. Its when it fucks with everyone else is when I have a problem.
My point was, they were in such trouble, yet, the could afford a 125M dollar bonus.
I am not a fan of what companies do either but you keep missing the point that a contract is a contract. "We cant afford it" wont cut it in court.

Surely you two lefties aren't supporting "trickle down"?
The bailout was about maintaining some equilibrium in the face of the already messed up economy. No liberal thought we would get rich because they were being bailed.
Is that why CEOs were getting millions of dollar bonuses and shit? Because the economy was messed up?
Have you ever heard of Robert Rubin? He was Bill cLintons Treasury Sec. He was ALL ABOUT GLBA. After Rubin left his administration, he went to work for CITI. Right after the crash he retired with a 125M dollar bonus. Food for thought.
The CEO's got million dollar bonuses because that was negotiated in their contracts. The economy being messed up wasnt an excuse that would stand up in court. One would think you would be happy they got those bonuses being a rightie and all.
IDC what companies do. Its when it fucks with everyone else is when I have a problem.
My point was, they were in such trouble, yet, the could afford a 125M dollar bonus.
I am not a fan of what companies do either but you keep missing the point that a contract is a contract. "We cant afford it" wont cut it in court.
No I get that man. I'm saying that is not what tax payer money should be going to. It isn't our fault they failed. It isn't our fault they give 125m dollar bonuses. It isn't our fault they lied. And it almost sounds like Rubin took advantage

Don't get me wrong, I am not for taxing the rich into oblivion or anything like that. But why not WS? How much money did the citizens of this country give those rich bastards? Why cant they pay us back?
Of course, my answer is "we shouldn't have bailed anybody out in the first fuckin place"
Your thoughts?

Don't get me wrong, I am not for taxing the rich into oblivion or anything like that. But why not WS? How much money did the citizens of this country give those rich bastards? Why cant they pay us back?
Of course, my answer is "we shouldn't have bailed anybody out in the first fuckin place"
Your thoughts?

1) Keep in mind that every rich/wealthy person in the United States pays less percentage of their total income in federal tax than you.

2) Why would you make wall street pay something back that the administration (BushCo) let them do.

WS bailout cost us an estimated 700 BILLION
We bailed out GM and that ended up costing the taxpayers 11 BILLION and now, they employ more foreign workers than Americans!!!
Arent you people tired of this bullshit?

We bailed out GM and that ended up costing the taxpayers 11 BILLION and now, they employ more foreign workers than Americans!!!

Here's an update on your 'bullshit.'

Bailout Scorecard | Eye on the Bailout | ProPublica

"Overall, the auto bailout was the one big money loser for TARP. Even with the Ally sale, taxpayers lost about $9.2 billion.

But opting not to bail out the auto industry likely would have proven far more costly, since GM, Chrysler and many car dealers likely would have gone out of business without the government's help."

U.S. ends TARP with $15.3 billion profit
U.S. government says it lost $11.2 billion on GM bailout

That's a two year old story dumbass.

"Overall, the auto bailout was the one big money loser for TARP. Even with the Ally sale, taxpayers lost about $9.2 billion.

But opting not to bail out the auto industry likely would have proven far more costly, since GM, Chrysler and many car dealers likely would have gone out of business without the government's help."

U.S. ends TARP with $15.3 billion profit
U.S. government says it lost $11.2 billion on GM bailout

That's a two year old story dumbass.
what does that matter?

Here's an update on your 'bullshit.'

Bailout Scorecard | Eye on the Bailout | ProPublica
Almost an argument for having a Central Bank!​

Forum List

Back