Why is it so difficult to find telephone or Zoom friends?

Man of Ethics

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2021
I am male, 53, have Asperger's Syndrome, weigh 158 kg. Of course I am not looking for any dates.

I am looking for Zoom or telephone friendships with mostly people of my low social class. I hope to form a support group. Where is the best place to look for them.

I am male, 53, have Asperger's Syndrome, weigh 158 kg. Of course I am not looking for any dates.

I am looking for Zoom or telephone friendships with mostly people of my low social class. I hope to form a support group. Where is the best place to look for them.

You just have to look in the wrong places.

1658371180918.png

You assume people of Boomer age ranges can figure out HOW to Zoom, Skype, or use a "smart phone".

I'm just sayin................................

You assume people of Boomer age ranges can figure out HOW to Zoom, Skype, or use a "smart phone".

I'm just sayin................................

He'd probably have better luck on AOL Instant Messenger or ICQ. :laughing0301:

Wait.....I used to use those. Made many hookups back in the day. It still burns when I pee.

Zoom seems to be very simple.

Am I the only lonely boomer in USA?

Nope.

I've gotten on a couple of "silver" chat sites, and there isn't much going on in them.
You'd be better off joining a senior center for bingo night or crafts days and meeting people that way.

Reread "The Pigman." When you read the first few chapters, think of how times have changed since then.

You are Gen X. Not a Boomer. Did you try MeetUp? Did you check out the other recommended sites? As a matter of fact, didn't someone research your original group and then find out that it was still running?

You are repeatedly asking the exact same question. You could always PM the guys that you would feel comfortable with talking to through that kind of set up and ask if they would be interested in a once a week chat or something.

Last edited:

Have you tried weight watchers meetings or auditions for TV show The Biggest Losers, or specialty stores for big and tall?

You are Gen X. Not a Boomer. Did you try MeetUp? Did you check out the other recommended sites? As a matter of fact, didn't someone research your original group and then find out that it was still running?

You are repeatedly asking the exact same question. You could always PM the guys that you would feel comfortable with talking to through that kind of set up and ask if they would be interested in a once a week chat or something.
1) I will look into MeetUp.

2) Many people raise essentially the same topics many times. Many people have their favorite topics.

3) Loneliness is a problem for many people over 50. I hope I can find a support group.

Many people have over a hundred threads on why Conservatives are bad or Liberals are bad.

Loneliness is a social and political problem which should have been easily solvable.

Not as urgent. But I guess I will work on my weight as well.
If happy with the weight, keep it, unless you think it is a problem.
I am just suggesting places to find like minded people. You don't even have to believe, apply or get involved really, to accomplish goal of finding like minded people at those places.

If happy with the weight, keep it, unless you think it is a problem.
I am just suggesting places to find like minded people. You don't even have to believe, apply or get involved really, to accomplish goal of finding like minded people at those places.
I love my parents very much. I am grateful to them. I would never put them at risk of COVID by going to public places. I do most of disinfection (washing) of delivered groceries.

I love my parents very much. I am grateful to them. I would never put them at risk of COVID by going to public places. I do most of disinfection (washing) of delivered groceries.
I have had it with anything political and i post few political threads
I enjoy “Star talk “ podcast on astronomy and physics with Dr T

I have had it with anything political and i post few political threads
I enjoy “Star talk “ podcast on astronomy and physics with Dr T
Thank you!

We are human and have lives. We are not abstract sets of political ideas.

Thank you!

We are human and have lives. We are not abstract sets of political ideas.
I will know in the next several weeks but I may decide to sell my franchise and leave LV
5 years in a sewer pipe city of thugs , drug addicts, losers , bums has taken a massive toll

Forum List

Back