why is the left against drug testing for welfare?

how is them getting drug tested to prove they are not using FEDERAL money on drugs controlling?

I dont see a problem with smoking some grass. I have a problem when my tax dollars get used to support it

Let's see how many times in a row you can ignore this point that continues to shoot your authoritarian fantasy down in flames:

A drug test may prove the existence of drugs in the system.
It does not and can not prove how they paid for it. Or if they even paid for it at all.

That means your government action amounts to nothing more than the punitive. The next week we'll be going through their magazine subscriptions deciding what they should be reading "with your tax dollars" or what they should dress like "using federal money".

Thanks for playing and be sure to play the Glaring Omission game at home. :bye1:
I like how u out those cute finishers on your posts when u dont say shit
how else would they pay for it? THEY ARE ON WELFARE
and besides shouldnt oeople on wekfare be clean trying to get a job and stuff? :lol:

So "ur" basis is a hasty conclusion on circumstances. "How else would they pay for it", guilty by assumption. Who needs evidence.

As I said, thanks for playin' and next time come armed with something.

Let's see how many times in a row you can ignore this point that continues to shoot your authoritarian fantasy down in flames:

A drug test may prove the existence of drugs in the system.
It does not and can not prove how they paid for it. Or if they even paid for it at all.

That means your government action amounts to nothing more than the punitive. The next week we'll be going through their magazine subscriptions deciding what they should be reading "with your tax dollars" or what they should dress like "using federal money".

Thanks for playing and be sure to play the Glaring Omission game at home. :bye1:
and besides shouldnt oeople on wekfare be clean trying to get a job and stuff? :lol:

So "ur" basis is a hasty conclusion on circumstances. "How else would they pay for it", guilty by assumption. Who needs evidence.

oh dear God..forgive me, I must have forgot people on welfare dont have financial probkems.. speaking of which, if they need welfare, they must be in a bad spot.. so why would they think they can afford them? crack aint cheap

When you live in a police state and you're entirely dependent upon the government for everything, even your very food, brace yourself for arbitrary cavity searches because they're in your future.

Our moronic progressives are just beginning to realize that, and it scares the crap out of most of them (all but the whackos like peeballs and joeb who will welcome and request cavity searches).

so why?
is it because u dont want them to better themselves?
you all care as much about their drug habbit as they do!
I seriously dont understand the justification to be against that

Because liberals understand and respect the Constitution and its case law:

On February 26, 2013, a panel of the US Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit preliminarily found in Lebron v. Florida Department of Children and Families that suspicionless drug testing of welfare recipients is unconstitutional under the Fourth Amendment, and that requiring consent to such testing as a condition of receiving welfare violates the doctrine of unconstitutional conditions.

JURIST - Dateline

Liberals also understand the importance of limiting government authority, of requiring government to legislate in a consistent and Constitutional manner, where laws may not be predicated on animus toward a particular class of persons, absent a rational motive.

Liberals respect the constitution?! Snark. Good one. i almost wet myself.

Pissing oneself is a progressive characteristic, so it is good that you refrained.

the fact that no one can defend this, legitimately, isnt surprising. kinda reminds of the voter id thingggyyyyy

the fact that no one can defend this, legitimately, isnt surprising. kinda reminds of the voter id thingggyyyyy

Defend what? That Florida was practicing something that is unconstitutional?
Or that it costs more to drug test them than it saves money?
That less than 2% in Florida tested positive for drugs?

So you are for a state wasting millions of dollars to save a few hundred thousand, if that?

Defend what? That Florida was practicing something that is unconstitutional?
Or that it costs more to drug test them than it saves money?
That less than 2% in Florida tested positive for drugs?

So you are for a state wasting millions of dollars to save a few hundred thousand, if that?

You realize alcohol is the most used drug in America, right? It doesn't stay in your system very long.. at all
Other hard drugs stay in your system for a couple of days. There are even some that stay in your system for hours..
Also, Florida only has like a 7% population on drugs. 7% total, of the WHOLE population.
So I do not really care what those results concluded. You have to look at a long range og things, demographics, manufacturing etc.

oh dear God..forgive me, I must have forgot people on welfare dont have financial probkems.. speaking of which, if they need welfare, they must be in a bad spot.. so why would they think they can afford them? crack aint cheap

AGAIN... where is your cause-and-effect?
Nonexistent, that's where. Your chemical test has maybe revealed the presence of some substance. Maybe. Doesn't tell you jack squat about where it came from or how it was obtained.

Here, I've got six hundred in cash in my pocket. Why doesn't your infallible oracleness tell me where I got it?

so why?
is it because u dont want them to better themselves?
you all care as much about their drug habbit as they do!
I seriously dont understand the justification to be against that

The reason is simple; it's been proven that very few welfare recipients are on drugs, and due to this, it is costing taxpayers much more money for the testing than the states are saving by kicking people off of welfare due to drug use. Secondly, if you do kick someone off of welfare for drug use, what happens to that person's kids? Do the kids still get the money for food? The entire concept is a bad one supported by overly righteous people who think that poor people are the cause of all our problems when in fact the poor people are the result of all of our problems.

Forum List

Back