Why is this man smiling?

EriktheRed

Eh...
Jun 27, 2009
IL
obama-smile-cropped-proto-custom_28_zps9ffa9b76.jpg

Because he knows that Teabagging wingnuts all over the US of A are shitting themselves...again!

The expected monthly premium for a 40-year-old adult purchasing a silver-level plan (the baseline, which covers 70 percent of costs) on a marketplace had been $320, according to previous projections from the Congressional Budget Office. But in 15 of the 18 regions studied by Kaiser, the average premium will be below that — thus the study’s conclusion that the prices are going to be lower than anticipated.

“While premiums will vary significantly across the country, they are generally lower than expected,” the authors wrote.

The study does not compare marketplace premiums with current prices in the individual insurance market. Instead, that conclusion is based on how released prices are comparing to previous projections for coverage costs under Obamacare. It follows a report last week by RAND, which suggested that claims of premium increases had been overstated.

If Kaiser’s estimates bear out, it could be a big blow to one of the main conservative talking points against the Affordable Care Act: rate shock. Everybody from House Republicans to think tank types like the Manhattan Institute’s Avik Roy and the Heritage Foundation have been warning that consumers would see skyrocketing prices under the law.

No Rate Shock? Obamacare Premiums Lower Than Expected

clink.gif

Last edited:
I refuse to believe this. (-;

Seriously, it may well be true, but I'm still against expanding medicaid. Though allowing the states to take the money and funnell to individuals to buy private insurance .... I could live with that. Not my preferred approach, but I'm not gonna load my Enfield Rifle and march to Shilo to support cessation.

Forum List

Back