Why No Dem Bragging On The Cost Of A Labor Day Cookout?

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
I wonder how many people, (besides the EBT crowd) when they went to the store for their Labor Day cookout vittles said WTF at checkout?

A nice USDA Prime Porterhouse steak was $17.99 a pound at my butcher.....Right at $40.00 for one nice steak. Normally I would have bought two (at near half the price) but I bought one instead and shared it with the wife.

Thanks Tater, I guess we did not need all that red meat anyway.

I like how republican posters who normally act like they are moderately wealthy cry the loudest about price hikes. The people who sell things are overjoyed you blame someone else for their price gouging.

I like how republican posters who normally act like they are moderately wealthy cry the loudest about price hikes. The people who sell things are overjoyed you blame someone else for their price gouging.
People who sell things cannot constantly absorb price increases on labor, materials, shipping, etc... without passing the cost to consumers.
This is basic economics but I doubt a lefty has the brain capacity to understand such simple concepts.
Proggy solutions usually involve owners just eating the extra expenses until they run out of money & go out of business.

Ya'll are some truly brilliant, deep thinkers

Controlling our spending impulses is how we stay "moderately wealthy". ;)

It's not like I could not have afforded a extra steak it's just the thought of paying almost double for it.....Enjoy your Walmart flank steak.

Controlling our spending impulses is how we stay "moderately wealthy". ;)

It's not like I could not have afforded a extra steak it's just the thought of paying almost double for it.....Enjoy your Walmart flank steak.
If I want a steak I get tuna and I don't give a fuck what it costs. If you have never had a rare grilled tuna steak you are seriously missing out. There is no better piece of meat in this world.

I'm with you, and I haven't noticed any real increase in prices, but I'm not a penny pincher, either. I realize a alot of Trump supporters are broke, so this inflation we are dealing with, a by product of Covid-19, is hurting them more than myself. I'm sure Natural Light and Milwaukee's Best is more expensive too.

In Maine Labor day is all about LOBSTER!

1 lb lobster was 7.99.....! (15 years ago, when we first arrived in Maine, they had a good lobster season and we paid $2.99 a 1lb lobster!!! Back then we would buy two each, from the lobster shack right down the road)

Last year during covid it was $7.99 a pound as well,so it didn't go up in price from last year....

We bought fresh Maine corn....sweet, and best in the world as far as I am concerned!!! 4 ears for a dollar!!!

The baked potatoes and salad ingredients came from our garden!

The melted butter cost a little more than last year....

It was a feast fit for a king and queen! And overall, considering the meal, it was cheap!!!!

I'm with you, and I haven't noticed any real increase in prices, but I'm not a penny pincher, either. I realize a alot of Trump supporters are broke, so this inflation we are dealing with, a by product of Covid-19, is hurting them more than myself. I'm sure Natural Light and Milwaukee's Best is more expensive too.
Exactly. I work for a living and nothing has gone up so much I can't afford it anymore. I don't live at the bleeding edge of my income like so many seem to do though. Maybe they were already living beyond their means when this inflationary spike hit.

I wonder how many people, (besides the EBT crowd) when they went to the store for their Labor Day cookout vittles said WTF at checkout?

A nice USDA Prime Porterhouse steak was $17.99 a pound at my butcher.....Right at $40.00 for one nice steak. Normally I would have bought two (at near half the price) but I bought one instead and shared it with the wife.

I burned 4 boxes of old bank statements and business records in the grill. Didn't really cost me anything other than a few squirts of lighter fluid to get the first load going good. I did eat a big bowl of banana pudding while watching the flames. That cost me like $10 to make the whole batch of. Mostly because the nilla wafers are a rip off at almost $5 a box

Dims only eat grass clippings now.....

We started a fire in the burn ring and roasted some of those hot dogs that were 16 cents cheaper during the Fourth of July in '21.

I entertained the wife by throwing some chunks of magnesium in the fire.

mag1.jpg

mag2.jpg

mag3.jpg

We started a fire in the burn ring and roasted some of those hot dogs that were 16 cents cheaper during the Fourth of July in '21.

I entertained the wife by throwing some chunks of magnesium in the fire.

View attachment 692390

View attachment 692391

View attachment 692392
Now that's entertainment! ;)

I swear it reminds me of one Forth of July when we were watching the fireworks the "swells" put on every year at this antebellum mansion and there was this kid running around with a 2X2 lit on fire. It served for us "poors" at the time.

If I want a steak I get tuna and I don't give a fuck what it costs. If you have never had a rare grilled tuna steak you are seriously missing out. There is no better piece of meat in this world.
Yep, it's damn good sure enough.

Jeez, I can't even fathom what a tuna steak costs these days....The last ones I had I caught myself out of Oregon Inlet, NC.

My buddy bought 3 decent steaks; $44! They were tenderloin steaks.
I'm a cheap ass, I got a $6.99/lb bone-in rib roast and cut my own from it after cooking.
Cooked it rare and then had him kiss it on both sides with the grill.
I paid $32 and got like 6 steaks out of it. More than double the value of what he got and they were ribeye steaks.

Last edited:
My buddy bought 3 decent steaks; $44! They were tenderloin steaks.
I'm a cheap ass, I got a $6.99/lb bone-in rib roast and cut my own from it after cooking.
Cooked it rare and then had him kiss it on both sides with the grill.
I paid $32 and got like 6 steaks out of it.
I really don't eat steak all that often but when I do it's gotta be a nice porterhouse.

I am not sure I spent anything. I only drink on New Years, July 4th, and Labor day weekend. The whole town knows it. Since I don't drink much for a small investment they can meet the 23 year old version of myself. They evidently love that crazy bastard. Me not so much. I know I ate lobster bisque and shrimp Cajun tacos every night before leaving the bar. Not sure if it came out my wallet or not. I know I didn't pay for any of the mojitos. At least I didn't wake up with any locals this year.

That statement proves you are either a liar or just so indoctrinated to ignore the negatives proggy policies always bring that your cognitive dissonance steps in to convince you the price increases aren't real.

I'm sure you feel the Emperor wears the finest clothes you've ever seen, too.

You lefties are such giant hypocrites who rarely can see past your own shoes. The most vulnerable & poor in the country are hurting badly & you not only DGAF, you deny it is happening.
Seniors, single moms, disabled & anyone on a fixed income are getting slaughtered.
You are disgusting excuses for human beings

Forum List

Back