Why owning a gun will save your life in some areas

Seattle? They probably used the police pay for an art museum grant.

Miami Florida Police Response Time = 8.92Minute
Average Muzzle Velocity of a Colt 45 = 450 ft per second

I really enjoy how the "solution" to this suggested by most people here is to arm everyone - instead of, you know, not cutting the Sheriff's Dept. funding....

Even if all Sheriff's Department through out the country were 100% funded, even their wish lists. There still would be a response time. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a person being able to defend themselves.

Owning a gun can not only save your life, but it can also save you money by eliminating a lot of useless law enforcement resources.

I really enjoy how the "solution" to this suggested by most people here is to arm everyone - instead of, you know, not cutting the Sheriff's Dept. funding....

Even if all Sheriff's Department through out the country were 100% funded, even their wish lists. There still would be a response time. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a person being able to defend themselves.

I agree, there is nothing wrong with a person being able to defend themselves.

But it's just as ridiculous to think of guns as the solution to all problems as it is to think of them as the cause.

And what evidence do you have that the police could have arrived in time to stop that rapist?

Either way, why should a woman have to endure even a second of rape while she waits for help?

Would you agree it might be best to ensure the police force is of adequate size AND put no hurdles in the way citizens arming themselves? Would that not be the best solution to stopping these thugs? Longer sentences for violent criminals will also help.

So there you go, a reasonable solution.

I agree, there is nothing wrong with a person being able to defend themselves.

But it's just as ridiculous to think of guns as the solution to all problems as it is to think of them as the cause.

OK what do you suggest that a women should do to protect herself? A Crossbow?
A handgun is the perfect equalizer.

It's baffling how the gun debate makes people so crazy.

I don't really support any of the current gun control laws. I like guns, and own a few. But you guys have changed the debate in your heads to this baffling point where all of a sudden if you don't believe that guns will solve every problem, you must be "anti-gun".

It's baffling how the gun debate makes people so crazy.

I don't really support any of the current gun control laws. I like guns, and own a few. But you guys have changed the debate in your heads to this baffling point where all of a sudden if you don't believe that guns will solve every problem, you must be "anti-gun".

Good Im glad you don't support any of the current gun control laws, and you realize a gun can save a life. Hopefully just pulling a gun will be enough of a deterrent and actually pulling the trigger is the last resort.

Might be the way you phrase things that make people think you are anti-gun. Just Saying :)

In this case a gun may have saved her life.

Without one she was defenseless.

Forum List

Back