Why owning a gun will save your life in some areas

Suicide isn't gun violence.

In fact we should realize that people's lives are their own and if they want to end themselves it's no business of anyone else.

at least for some period of time

In fact we should realize that people's lives are their own and if they want to end themselves it's no business of anyone else.

At all times. There is no instance in time where a person (adult) does not have the right to control his own destiny.

When civil authority fails to do its job, of course, the only sane solution is to arm oneself.

Now ask yourselves how a municipality as wealthy and vibrant as SEATTLE can be failing so badly.

One must ask why ‘civil authority’ has ‘failed’ to do its job in the first place.

If it was due to budget shortfalls as a consequence of conservative fiscal dogma, then ‘civil authority’ is not to blame.

It is rarely "conservative fiscal dogma" that has caused a shortage in funding. The Police and Emergency services are usually at the top of the funding by Conservatives.

It is usually the "Liberal fiscal dogma", ie social spending on bloated benefits for those who are not working and paying taxes that Liberals consider "Social Rights" that are the responsible for public funding short falls.

Own guns because you like them, own guns because you enjoy the shooting sports, own guns because you enjoy collecting them, own guns because you enjoy hunting – but owning guns for ‘self-defense’ should be low on your list of reasons for owning guns.

Here in Hurricane Alley, for those of us living in the middle of nowhere, when the Storm has the power out for a week or more, and the sheriff’s office is dealing with real emergencies, one can’t call 911 because he ‘hears a noise.’ In these rare cases it’s good to own a gun.

But it’s idiocy to perceive owning firearms as some sort of ‘substitute’ for properly funding law enforcement and local government in general.

At all times. There is no instance in time where a person (adult) does not have the right to control his own destiny.

yeah i agree with ya

i dont know how i did it

but i responded to the wrong post

i was responding to

"it doesn't matter how many cops there are in a town or city when the shit hits the fan you will most likely be on your own."

when i posted that

--LOL

When help is needed in seconds, the police are just minutes away...

To cover the body, put out the chalkline, the Police tape, and call the morgue.

Only 201 homicides with guns were ruled "Justifiable" by the FBI in 2010.

That same year, there were 11,000 murders, 16,000 suicides and 800 accidental gun deaths.

Seems to me that the "cure" is more dangerous than the "Problem".

Do guns take more lives than they save?

Ask the citizens of Chicago. They have the strict gun laws. How is not owning a gun working out for them concerning loss of life in Chicago? - Jeri

Kind of hard for one city to ban guns when the state it is in freely allows their sale.

Kind of like declaring one beach a "Shark Free Zone" when the ocean is infested with them.

Do guns take more lives than they save?

Ask the citizens of Chicago. They have the strict gun laws. How is not owning a gun working out for them concerning loss of life in Chicago? - Jeri

Kind of hard for one city to ban guns when the state it is in freely allows their sale.

Kind of like declaring one beach a "Shark Free Zone" when the ocean is infested with them.

so what

that still does not explain why chicago is hot spot

and the other areas where the guns supposedly come from is not

[

so what

Because we have a larger density of people.

Incidently, most of those guns come from a little town called Cicero, where I lived from 1987-2000. The gun shops would set up right in Cicero and not care who they sold to. They also had all night bars and strip clubs.

And you could hear the gunshots any given night. I even had a window that was shot out.

[

so what

Incidently, most of those guns come from a little town called Cicero, where I lived from 1987-2000. The gun shops would set up right in Cicero and not care who they sold to. They also had all night bars and strip clubs.

And you could hear the gunshots any given night. I even had a window that was shot out.

if the "gun shops" are ffls the certainly care who they sell to

I would use a gun if it were available. Most definitely.

I believe women should at least enroll in a good self defense class and if they want to really be prepared they should enroll in a martial arts school. That would be my advise for women here and in Europe. Be able to defend yourself with or without a gun. Enroll your children too. Mine started martial arts at age 4. They loved it.

- Jeri

Last edited:
[

so what

Not really. Fact is most guns used in chicago started somewhere else, that's the point, isn't it.

Not really. Fact is most guns used in chicago started somewhere else, that's the point, isn't it.

those little mac 10s and such are not coming from the gun shops

No. The point is banning guns didn't lower violence in Chicago, it increased it. Same has happened to Britain now. Disarmed citizens - armed criminals - the crime rate is 4 times higher in Britain than the USA if you look at studies they have done to take into consideration the population of USA vs. Britain. That is stunning. It also shows you what happens to a nation or a city that disarms its citizens. Thanks for making my point for me, Joe. You're a swell guy. - Jeremiah

Last edited:
...all of a sudden if you don't believe that guns will solve every problem, you must be "anti-gun".

Who suggested that?

You, and everyone else in this thread,

That's a lie. Shocking, I know. But please do point to a post of mine in which I suggested that one is "anti-gun" if they don't believe that "guns will solve every problem".

The floor is yours you lying sack of shit.

who assume that I support gun control simply because I don't agree with fanatic gun worship shown by some.

I assume nothing. You did.

Wow, massive fail there pal.

Criminals take more lives with guns, Lakhota. Criminals.

Actually, it's suicide.

Oh look, Chief dumbass has chimed in. How lovely.

You know, Japan has a suicide rate MANY times that of the US, yet they have a virtual ban on civilian firearm ownership. In fact, the combined murder/suicide rate in Japan is identical to that of the US.

Doesn't exactly fit your narrative, does it?

Now fuck off and get to work waiting for that government check to arrive. Must be tough.

Last edited:
I really enjoy how the "solution" to this suggested by most people here is to arm everyone - instead of, you know, not cutting the Sheriff's Dept. funding....

And what evidence do you have that the police could have arrived in time to stop that rapist?

Either way, why should a woman have to endure even a second of rape while she waits for help?

Would you agree it might be best to ensure the police force is of adequate size AND put no hurdles in the way citizens arming themselves? Would that not be the best solution to stopping these thugs? Longer sentences for violent criminals will also help.

So there you go, a reasonable solution.

Crickets...Hmm

Shocking!

When civil authority fails to do its job, of course, the only sane solution is to arm oneself.

Now ask yourselves how a municipality as wealthy and vibrant as SEATTLE can be failing so badly.

One must ask why ‘civil authority’ has ‘failed’ to do its job in the first place.

If it was due to budget shortfalls as a consequence of conservative fiscal dogma, then ‘civil authority’ is not to blame.

"conservative fiscal dogma"? Whatever.

Forum List

Back