Why owning a gun will save your life in some areas

It's baffling how the gun debate makes people so crazy.

I don't really support any of the current gun control laws. I like guns, and own a few. But you guys have changed the debate in your heads to this baffling point where all of a sudden if you don't believe that guns will solve every problem, you must be "anti-gun".

I haven't heard anyone claim that guns solve every problem. In the hands of responsible people who know how to use them, they can be the best protection. It's the anti-gun crowd going crazy claiming that people owning guns make the world dangerous. It's just the criminals and they won't be affected by laws. It just never ceases to amaze me why going after the law abiding is considered a way to make people safe while the criminals remain untouched.

People do need to take classes and become proficient in handling and securing guns. There are certain restrictions and a waiting period to get a gun, for those who follow the law anyway. The honest people are not a problem. The criminals, especially gangs and drug cartels, are a huge problem and I wish we'd put more resources into tackling them than in further oppressing the average citizen. Exploiting the mass shooting victims for gun control is just sleazy. Fortunately, that is not a major problem, though garners more news coverage than the hundreds of other shootings across the country by gangs and drug dealers or other degenerates. Sure, we'd all like to make the country safer, but disarming the good guys isn't the way to do it. I feel safer knowing there are responsible armed people around.

Had nothing to do with guns. You should read the actual story. And there's already a thread on this.

I don't know what the solution is but I DO know I feel much more secure when I am packin' and so is hubby. And we only arm ourselves when we plan on going somewhere we are not familiar with. Too many mistakes can be made..wrong turn, end up in a gang zone, etc.

I'm keeping my weapons, thank you. It's my security blanket. The world is going insane.

Had nothing to do with guns. You should read the actual story. And there's already a thread on this.

it does point out that

in reality it is your responsibility to provide

for your own safety

because you can not rely on the cops to protect you

I really enjoy how the "solution" to this suggested by most people here is to arm everyone - instead of, you know, not cutting the Sheriff's Dept. funding....

We definitely would be safer if every single person was armed and ready to fire. :cuckoo:

I don't have a problem with people owning a gun for protection or even carrying if they have the permit to do so. But this idea that everyone should be armed is just a bit disturbing. Even in the wild west, when the cowboys came into town, the sheriff made them turn their guns in until they left. Gun control in the wild west was strictly enforced.

I really enjoy how the "solution" to this suggested by most people here is to arm everyone - instead of, you know, not cutting the Sheriff's Dept. funding....

Even if all Sheriff's Department through out the country were 100% funded, even their wish lists. There still would be a response time. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a person being able to defend themselves.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a person being able to defend themselves.

There must be...The Libs don't want people to have guns... :cuckoo:

More and more I am meeting people who carry guns with them all the time.

The range of guns being carried is amazing.

Everything from old wheel 32s to Glocks, S&W MPs, Rugers, Beretta, Hi Standard, Hi Point, Dan Wesson, PPK...

It is really fun to hear the stories that people have as to why they are carrying now... Most boil down to self protection, but the reasons are as varied as the people.

When civil authority fails to do its job, of course, the only sane solution is to arm oneself.

Now ask yourselves how a municipality as wealthy and vibrant as SEATTLE can be failing so badly.

Do guns take more lives than they save?

guns dont do anything

it is the person behind the gun that uses

it for good or for bad

Duh, okay, I'll rephrase: Do people take more lives with guns than people who are saved by having guns?

having guns has saved my and my child's life.....i find it reassuring that when i walk into my closet ...there are loaded shotgun and loaded rifle...i wont reveal the total number of guns in my home....i grew up in a home where a rifle or shotgun was always within 3 ft of my father....in my home...you have to take a couple of extra steps

in the country we have varmit guns.....used to put down animals when needed...if your dogs have half killed a rabbit something like that......every now and again...a two legged varmit comes along...

i was taught how to use a gun from an early age....i have no qualms about doing so

When civil authority fails to do its job, of course, the only sane solution is to arm oneself.

Now ask yourselves how a municipality as wealthy and vibrant as SEATTLE can be failing so badly.

One must ask why ‘civil authority’ has ‘failed’ to do its job in the first place.

If it was due to budget shortfalls as a consequence of conservative fiscal dogma, then ‘civil authority’ is not to blame.

One must ask why ‘civil authority’ has ‘failed’ to do its job in the first place.

If it was due to budget shortfalls as a consequence of conservative fiscal dogma, then ‘civil authority’ is not to blame.

You are correct.

When civil authority becomes powerless DEMOCRACY ITSELF has failed.

it doesn't matter how many cops there are in a town or city when the shit hits the fan you will most likely be on your own.

Forum List

Back