Why People Make Minimum Wage

I have identified an equation which exposes the real agenda of raising the minimum wage:

Higher Minimum Wage + My-Ra = Another funding source to expand federal debt and spending

Who can open a myRA? The accounts are targeted at the millions of low- and middle-income Americans who don't have access to employer-sponsored retirement plans. That includes roughly half of all workers and 75% of part-time workers.

The White House says it will "aggressively" encourage employers to offer the program, noting that they won't have to administer or contribute to the accounts. myRAs will initially be offered through a pilot program to workers whose employers sign on by the end of the year.

Once the program reaches full implementation, anyone who has direct deposit for their paycheck will be eligible to sign up, Treasury said.

All workers may invest in the accounts, including those who would like to supplement an existing 401(k) plan, as long as their household income falls below $191,000 a year.

How will the account work? The account will function as a Roth IRA, which allows savers to invest after-tax dollars and withdraw the money in retirement tax-free.

But unlike traditional Roth IRAs, the accounts will solely invest in government savings bonds. They will also be backed by the U.S. government, meaning that savers can never lose their principal investment....

How Obama s myRA retirement accounts will work - Jan. 29 2014

Think about it. If the current minimum wage is $9, and the feds increase it to the oft cited $15 "liveable wage", by requiring mandatory My-RA contribution, these low wage serfs will be forced to buy government bonds at low interest rates. The pols and the banksters make big money while the serfs fake additional income just loses value due to inflation.

Hopenchange!

Higher wages means more union dollars much of which ends up in the hands of Democrats.

Unions are very important to the Democratic party and the Democratic party is very important to unions.

Who lobbies for workers besides unions?

This is why the GOP wants to destroy unions. They will take down the Democrats if there are no more unions.

Unions DO NOT LOBBY FOR WORKERS. They lobby for the Unions.

There is a difference.

I have identified an equation which exposes the real agenda of raising the minimum wage:

Higher Minimum Wage + My-Ra = Another funding source to expand federal debt and spending

Who can open a myRA? The accounts are targeted at the millions of low- and middle-income Americans who don't have access to employer-sponsored retirement plans. That includes roughly half of all workers and 75% of part-time workers.

The White House says it will "aggressively" encourage employers to offer the program, noting that they won't have to administer or contribute to the accounts. myRAs will initially be offered through a pilot program to workers whose employers sign on by the end of the year.

Once the program reaches full implementation, anyone who has direct deposit for their paycheck will be eligible to sign up, Treasury said.

All workers may invest in the accounts, including those who would like to supplement an existing 401(k) plan, as long as their household income falls below $191,000 a year.

How will the account work? The account will function as a Roth IRA, which allows savers to invest after-tax dollars and withdraw the money in retirement tax-free.

But unlike traditional Roth IRAs, the accounts will solely invest in government savings bonds. They will also be backed by the U.S. government, meaning that savers can never lose their principal investment....

Think about it. If the current minimum wage is $9, and the feds increase it to the oft cited $15 "liveable wage", by requiring mandatory My-RA contribution, these low wage serfs will be forced to buy government bonds at low interest rates. The pols and the banksters make big money while the serfs fake additional income just loses value due to inflation.

Hopenchange!

Higher wages means more union dollars much of which ends up in the hands of Democrats.

Unions are very important to the Democratic party and the Democratic party is very important to unions.

This is why the GOP wants to destroy unions. They will take down the Democrats if there are no more unions.

There is a difference.

Thats not true. Some unions are crappy POS. Others do work for their members. I worked at a place that was union and there was a running joke that the fastest way to get into management was to be the union rep. My wifes nurse union gets them anything they want.

capitalism does of course that's why we are the richest country in human history. Capitalism forces corporations to provide the best jobs and products possible or go bankrupt! China just switched to capitalism from liberalism and now as many who slowly starved to death under are buying cars!!

A liberal lacks the IQ to understand capitalism and is not ashamed about it!!.

How does capitalism force corporations to provide "the best" jobs or go bankrupt?

For example, I could move my factory to China and pay workers $3 a day and then ship my product to America, Germany & Canada where the citizens can afford to buy my products.

Hopenchange!

There is a difference.

You may not like workers & unions but that doesn't change the fact that unions lobby for workers and they are the only ones who do.

How does capitalism force corporations to provide "the best" jobs or go bankrupt?

dear, for 200th time. If you don't have the best products possible your customers go to whoever has the best products; if you don't have the best jobs your employees go to whoever has the best jobs.

Isn't learning the basics the most fun ever?

You may not like workers & unions but that doesn't change the fact that unions lobby for workers and they are the only ones who do.

Capitalism insures that workers get the best jobs possible and that customers get the best products possible. Its a simple concept but above the IQ of a liberal.

Hopenchange!

There is a difference.

Thats not true. Some unions are crappy POS. Others do work for their members. I worked at a place that was union and there was a running joke that the fastest way to get into management was to be the union rep. My wifes nurse union gets them anything they want.

And people that aren't in unions are so jealous.

Remember the corporate media was going after the auto workers "cadillac" insurance plans? Americans are so dumb. Rather than say, "hey, I want insurance that good", Americans were jealous and convinced that those auto workers had it too good. So instead of our insurance being as good as the auto workers, instead their insurance is now as bad as ours is.

But tell an anti union person about out of control CEO pay and they'll defend that CEO's outrageous pay every day of the week.

Hopenchange!

There is a difference.

Remember the corporate media was going after the auto workers "cadillac" insurance plans? Americans are so dumb. Rather than say, "hey, I want insurance that good", Americans were jealous and convinced that those auto workers had it too good. So instead of our insurance being as good as the auto workers, instead their insurance is now as bad as ours is.

But tell an anti union person about out of control CEO pay and they'll defend that CEO's outrageous pay every day of the week.

Do you work at Noodles?

Remember the corporate media was going after the auto workers "cadillac" insurance plans? Americans are so dumb.

utterly stupid! the auto jobs went offshore dear because of cadillac plans and cadillac wages etc!!
Amerians aren't dumb to want jobs!! Do you see now who is dumb, liberal.

Hopenchange!

There is a difference.

I agree people are dumb actually getting upset about good benefits for workers. If you choose to remain a employee at least get the best deal and unions can provide that if they are good ones. On the flip side a CEO is normally going to be worth whatever he makes to the company. Some things I learned early was that your value depends on your worth to the company. By worth I mean how much money you bring in. The other thing is if you have uncommon skills you will get uncommon pay.

Capitalism insures that workers get the best jobs possible and that customers get the best products possible. Its a simple concept but above the IQ of a liberal.

Thats not true. Are you typing on a PC or a MAC?

if you don't have the best jobs your employees go to whoever has the best jobs.

See again you would be right if you were in Econ 101.

In Econ 202 you learn there aren't enough jobs and when the market is flooded with worker/labor wages go down.

In Econ 303 we learn how the GOP purposely flooded the market with illegal workers while simultaniously shipping millions of good paying jobs overseas. See, you can learn all the rules of capitalism my friend but what you don't understand is the rich don't always play by the rules.

That's why we need government to protect us from them. You idiots act like you don't know class warfare exists. Maybe you learn that in Econ 404. I don't remember where I learned all this stuff but it is clear you are clueless.

I simply suggested there is a similarity between how easily the German people were manipulated and how easily the American people are today. Bush/Chaney took it right out of the Nazi playbook. Do the similarities offend you? Too bad. People who don't know history tend to repeat it.

By the way, they were talking about the new or next America. 20 somethings can't afford kids and so they aren't getting married and they are taking more and more birth control. Not just the slacker 20 something year olds. Way too many of them.

What am I even trying to say here?

An excellent question! You are all over the place ... making strange, baseless claims and precious little sense. Woo.

[ I guess that GOPanomics don't work. You will see. You can't ask some kid to rack up $100k in student loans and then pay him $30K after he graduates and expect him to buy a home and start a family and retire with any amount of $.

We have a real problem with the 20 something year olds. Way too many of them are under employed or unemployed. They are not slackers. You assholes don't realize the trickle down affect that happened to EVERYONE when you sent all the manufacturing/union jobs overseas. Instead you think it was Obama's fault. Fools.

Again you are all over the place making absurd, unfounded claims yet precious little sense. You seem sincere enough but struggle to express yourself. About all one can take from your screed is that you have a lot of hate for those who are not as confused as you most certainly are.

In Econ 303 we learn how the GOP purposely flooded the market with illegal workers .

very very stupid even more than usual since it is GOP that wants to close borders and Democrats who get the immigrant amnesty vote. Total fool liberal with no shame.

Hopenchange!

There is a difference.

More of your ridiculous, unfounded claims. It seems you have the liberal disease ... you are able to hear only the little voices in your own head.

In Econ 202 you learn there aren't enough jobs and when the market is flooded with worker/labor wages go down.

dear, exactly how is that possible if supply equals demand? Please answer or admit to no college let alone Econ 202!!
Doesnt matter what supply is anymore. I watched as people took pay cuts and more work just to keep their jobs. Their wages still haven't recovered. Our society has been trained to accept substandard conditions.

You idiots act like you don't know class warfare exists.
It exists to liberal Marxists only! In reality capitalism prevents it which explains why even poor Americas are rich compared to the poor in liberal non capitalist countries.

China just switched to capitalism and instantly eliminated 40% of poverty on earth. Guess which class is poor? See why we say liberalism is based in pure ignorance?

if you don't have the best jobs your employees go to whoever has the best jobs.

See again you would be right if you were in Econ 101.

In Econ 303 we learn how the GOP purposely flooded the market with illegal workers while simultaniously shipping millions of good paying jobs overseas. See, you can learn all the rules of capitalism my friend but what you don't understand is the rich don't always play by the rules.

That's why we need government to protect us from them. You idiots act like you don't know class warfare exists. Maybe you learn that in Econ 404. I don't remember where I learned all this stuff but it is clear you are clueless.

Obviously you have never passed an ECON course in your life. Typical whiny, sniveling lib.

Forum List

Back